Anacreon Era 2 Gameplay Guide and FAQ

General discussion for the game Anacreon
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

george moromisato wrote:
Kourtious wrote:Ramjets cannot fly between 2 different nebulaes.
This is a bug, I believe. No ship can enter rift zones (white areas). But a ramjet should be able to travel between light (purple) and dark nebulae. If you can reproduce this, then I'd love it if someone could add a bug to Ministry.
Oh. :shock: I always thought that was intentional.

Can we keep it? Pleeeaaassee??? If you get a sector capital and a ramjet yard in a little patch of light nebula surrounded by dark nebula, you are nearly invulnerable because only weaker jumpships that can't compete with the ramjets power-wise can get in. Pleeaasse?
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I would
george moromisato wrote:
This is a bug, I believe. No ship can enter rift zones (white areas). But a ramjet should be able to travel between light (purple) and dark nebulae. If you can reproduce this, then I'd love it if someone could add a bug to Ministry.
I tested this out several times before I retired from the game. Since the game hasn't updated, I will naturally assume that this "bug" is still in place.

In addition, I have a question for you George, since this is the Anacreon Q&A thread. What was your base for the idea of adding Ramjets & Nebulaes to game. Is it simply to add a new spin/increase potential for Anacreon?
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

george moromisato wrote:
This was the first bug I posted to Ministry back in January.

http://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=253
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Obviously ramjets are "stuck" in the nebula they are created in. The question is within a contiguous nebular region consisting of light & dark nebula, can move between the light & dark nebula?
Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:
george moromisato wrote: This is a bug, I believe. No ship can enter rift zones (white areas). But a ramjet should be able to travel between light (purple) and dark nebulae. If you can reproduce this, then I'd love it if someone could add a bug to Ministry.
This was the first bug I posted to Ministry back in January.

http://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=253
I'm maneuvering a Cerberus gunship between a dark & light nebula... will update with result. At least a course has been plotted... yup. Seems to work.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Nope. Just tried with more Hammerheads, but they can't plot a course. I don't see why it should work differently for higher-level ships, but it's going to be some time before I can test it myself.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think the issue may have something to do with the way that light and dark nebulas overlap. You can see at areas where they come together that the dark nebulas are laid down over the light nebulas in some places, with little corners of the light nebulas sticking out from underneath. I don't know if ships can tell which nebula they are in, or whether that has anything to do with it.
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

catfighter wrote:Nope. Just tried with more Hammerheads, but they can't plot a course. I don't see why it should work differently for higher-level ships, but it's going to be some time before I can test it myself.
I was able to navigate a Cerberus gunship from a light nebula to a dark nebula and it worked fine. I did have to provide several very clear intermediate waypoints.

The issue is not travel between light and dark nebula, it's an issue with the pathfinding.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

6cef wrote:
catfighter wrote:Nope. Just tried with more Hammerheads, but they can't plot a course. I don't see why it should work differently for higher-level ships, but it's going to be some time before I can test it myself.
I was able to navigate a Cerberus gunship from a light nebula to a dark nebula and it worked fine. I did have to provide several very clear intermediate waypoints.

The issue is not travel between light and dark nebula, it's an issue with the pathfinding.
Hmmm... My hammerhead took a straight, unobstructed path with an ETA of 6 watches. It was a really short, simple, and straight path, but I got the "can't plot course message". The planets are seriously right next to each other, so I don't see why the AI can't handle it, but would still let a Cerberus through. How far (how many watches) did your ramjet travel?

6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

catfighter wrote:
6cef wrote:

Hmmm... My hammerhead took a straight, unobstructed path with an ETA of 6 watches. It was a really short, simple, and straight path, but I got the "can't plot course message". The planets are seriously right next to each other, so I don't see why the AI can't handle it, but would still let a Cerberus through. How far (how many watches) did your ramjet travel?
Was like 20 watches.

6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Is there a trick to making effective long term use of barren worlds? In picking up the scraps around, a lot of my worlds are barren worlds, and I seem to spend a lot of time dealing with rebellions, shortages of goods, and waiting for efficiency and populations to recover.

I often use them for trade hubs, sometimes for foundations, sometimes for CGAs focused on durables and luxuries. I tend to pull the tech level fairly high, and throw in all the pop structures, and hope for the best.

Any thoughts really appreciated!
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Here are my hammerheads trying to cross and failing miserably.
Anacreon_Hammerhead_Error_1.png
Anacreon_Hammerhead_Error_1.png (101.72 KiB) Viewed 8226 times
Anacreon_Hammerhead_Error_2.png
Anacreon_Hammerhead_Error_2.png (127.95 KiB) Viewed 8226 times

6cef wrote:Is there a trick to making effective long term use of barren worlds? In picking up the scraps around, a lot of my worlds are barren worlds, and I seem to spend a lot of time dealing with rebellions, shortages of goods, and waiting for efficiency and populations to recover.

I often use them for trade hubs, sometimes for foundations, sometimes for CGAs focused on durables and luxuries. I tend to pull the tech level fairly high, and throw in all the pop structures, and hope for the best.

Barren worlds are amazingly productive hexcarbide worlds and occasionally have major trillum deposits. Sometimes they are used for foundations/hubs, but I prefer to put those on underground worlds. My #1 choice for that kind of world, especially with abundant hexcarbide deposits, is jumpship production. As long as they have a steady supply of trillum, the planets won't die and they'll be able to supply their own hexcarbide at relatively low production costs (3-4% if deposits abundant) if there aren't many worlds left in the area.

6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

catfighter wrote:Here are my hammerheads trying to cross and failing miserably.
hmm. looks like some kind of edge case or similar with the pathfinding. can you plot a course to that jumpship yard?

6cef wrote:Is there a trick to making effective long term use of barren worlds? In picking up the scraps around, a lot of my worlds are barren worlds, and I seem to spend a lot of time dealing with rebellions, shortages of goods, and waiting for efficiency and populations to recover.

Barren worlds are amazingly productive hexcarbide worlds and occasionally have major trillum deposits. Sometimes they are used for foundations/hubs, but I prefer to put those on underground worlds. My #1 choice for that kind of world, especially with abundant hexcarbide deposits, is jumpship production. As long as they have a steady supply of trillum, the planets won't die and they'll be able to supply their own hexcarbide at relatively low production costs (3-4% if deposits abundant) if there aren't many worlds left in the area.
right, i always forget the lower industry cost for abundant resources. excellent point.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

6cef wrote:
catfighter wrote:Here are my hammerheads trying to cross and failing miserably.
hmm. looks like some kind of edge case or similar with the pathfinding. can you plot a course to that jumpship yard?
Nope. That's broken too.

Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I have been updating the first post, let me know what you think.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Awesome! It's definitely going to help keep a few more players in the game if they can get a hold of it.
Hey, space is a tough place where wimps eat flaming plasma death.
Hehe I'm going to have to quote this somewhere. :lol: