General discussion for the game Anacreon
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Added table of cargo and unit masses.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Wayward Device wrote:I don't think there are other bonuses, just a greater chance for, say, a transuranic world to have major or abundant trillum. The organic bonus is legit though, I first saw it mentioned in a thread somewhere on this forum. I can't seem to find the post right now, but if you look at a cave world and an ocean/earthlike with the same tech, efficiency and pop the ocean/earthlike one will make more organic goods. Apart from the lack of this bonus cave worlds are exactly like ocean/earthlike ones in terms of max pop etc. It seems to be +40% for earthlike and +60% for ocean. I only really started to pay attention to this rebuilding after the war.

Basically, if you want the most out of your worlds you should always have ocean/earthlikes as CGAs.

That was me on page 2:
My estimate of the production bonus for organics:
Earth 150%
Ocean 140%
Desert 120%
You can also have other types of CGA planets that export only non-organics by clicking on the dot on the line and changing the %. That was my setup for Ashes of Aelion empire in B1. One ocean world can supply almost any number of planets with organics. But the fiery worlds were struck by the supply bug. I also optimized trillum distribution by dividing the DG and luxuries export based on what trillum planets were in range, because one trillum planet could be running out while another still has excess.
6cef wrote:
At 9 and 10 a world needs more stuff, trillum, hexacarbide etc, making it too expensive.
right, i'd really like to see numbers on maxed out tl9 & 10 worlds vis-à-vis cga designation. does the smaller population consume less while producing more?

beyond the undine jumpcruiser (which seems fairly useless?) is there any point to hitting tl9 & 10?
I don't have my old data handy, but yes, from page 3:
I calculated the IC and net IC of a few planets at different tech levels. Higher tech pops have higher net per billion, but decreased population makes a planet at antimatter and 11b pop have the highest net total.
I raised abundant chronimium planets higher than 8 because maxed gross production there saves the cost of resorting to major deposits. A better way to be thrifty is using harsh worlds for trade hubs and foundations and destroying the arcologies, because they don't need that many people anyway. Most levels can be obtained by programs, which should become free of industry cost when the planet passes the program level.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

To clarify what I meant about tech:
The industry total might go from 1000-2000 while the CG cost goes from 500-1400. So the net production goes from 500-600 while in % terms CG uptake increases from 50% to 70%. The percentage looks scary before it gets connected by trade, but the planet net industry is higher until the pop drops more than 16+2/3%.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Updated/revised a little bit.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Updated to reflect some info from the Anacreon Core Library. I may start a new guide thread once jump beacons and ship rebalancing happen, since I anticipate that these will change the game a lot.
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Code: Select all

ResourceType core.battlestationTitan
	{
	category: orbitalUnit
	name: "Titan-class battlestation"
	attackValue: 1450
	mass: 100.0
	halfLife: 5.0

attack: { name:"Sekron-90 missile" count:1 damage:300 type:missile strength:4 range:20.0 area:0.3 }
	defense: { armor:500 }

production: {
		workUnits: 600.0
		inputs: (
			{ type:core.trillum amount:15.0 }
			{ type:core.hexacarbide amount:40.0 }
			{ type:core.chronimium amount:2.0 }
			{ type:core.heavyMissileLauncher amount:1.0 }
			)
		minTechLevel: 9
		}
	}
Few questions:

1. What do the "strength" and "area" attributes do for the unit's attack type? I assumed testing showed that missiles don't have splash damage?

2. Taking "halfLife" to be attrition rate, would I be correct in assuming a longer halfLife value will result in less attrition? Does a group of units lose one unit every 5 minutes in this case?

3. There is also a "count" attribute in the attack type. Does this mean units can fire multiple shots/missiles per combat round as opposed to only one? If this is the case then units can be balanced further and/or given some variety by modifying their fire rate...
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I believe area is the size of the explosion sprite/graphic, so that starcruiser missile hits look physically larger than other missile hits.

I believe strength is how much missile defense it takes to destroy a missile projectile. A Titan projectile has strength 4 so it has to get hit with 2 Stinger missile defense beams to be destroyed, since stinger has MissileDefense 2, but a gorgos will destroy it with one beam, since it has MissileDefense 4.

I could be wrong though.

Partisans have count:16 and everything else has count:1. The game interface doesn't give any indication of this though, although it probably should. Partisans claim to do 1600/damage per unit but what I'm reading in the Core Library suggests that they actually generate 16 separate projectiles doing 100 damage each, which is what allows "individual" Partisans to damage multiple ships in fleets.

I suggested that gunships and some starcruisers should get an optional multi-shot attack that they could use against lightly armored combatants to reinforce their role as an anti-jumpship unit here but I don't have any evidence that the game as it currently exists is able to handle multi-shot cannon weapons.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Area is an area of effect. From the point where the missile hit, out to 1/5 the area of effect radius, any ships in the area take full damage. After that, damage decreases at inverse-square rate. I.e., at 2/5th radius, ships take quarter damage; at 3/5th radius they take 1/9th damage, etc.

The size of the explosion graphic is the maximum size of the area of effect.

The strength of a missile is exactly it's defense strength against point-defense. We compare the two and compute a probability that the missile will be destroyed.

A count value on a weapon is handled by the engine. All it does is multiply the damage across more than one target. Thus a ship with 2 weapons of damage 10 is equivalent to 2 ships with a single weapon of damage 10.

Half-life is exactly what it says, in cycles. That is, it is the number of cycles that it takes for N units to decay into N/2 units.

FYI: The combat calculation is relatively easy. First we compute the expected number of ships killed when a single shot of attack value A hits a single ship of defense D. This ends up being a fraction from 0 to 1. The equation is:

killed = 1 - (0.8)^(A/D)

You can do the math yourself, but basically, as the ratio of attack to defense goes up, the kill probability goes up.

Next we just multiply the value above by the number of shots to arrive at the maximum number of defenders killed. Lastly, we jitter the resulting value by a random function based on the standard deviation (i.e., the more shots, the lower the jitter).