Anacreon Era 2 Gameplay Guide and FAQ

General discussion for the game Anacreon
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I have a jumpship yard (tech level 10) and a autofac (tech level 9). The yard is on 94.2% and I allocated it to just produce Eldritch and is meant to be producing 31 a watch. The autofac is on 94% and producing 29 advanced jumpdrive a watch. However, the yard says it is importing 0 advanced jumpdrive per watch even though it is importing 100% of demand therefore not actually producing any Eldritch at all.

Does anyone know what is going on??
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Try cancelling the trade routes and then reestablishing them. Are you routing your trade through hubs? Sometimes trade routes will get messed up if a commodity has to pass through two or more hubs before it gets to its destination. I have seen this happen with trillum and hexacarbide and it might occur with other commodities.

Also check and see- has a stockpile of advanced jumpdrives accumulated on the planet? Is it making and exporting other jumpdrive parts for other yards?
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Also, it reads "Importing 0 per watch" on the first turn after you designate. If you only checked immediately after setting the trade route, this might be your problem. (if it has to be transfered through hubs, it will remain like that for an additional watch for each hub it passes through)
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

No. They were working fine and then after a couple of days, the yard started to stop importing drives. The trade routes are direct and do not pass through Trading Hubs.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

There is 92901 advanced jump drives on the autofac and 350 on the yard.
Stargazer
Anarchist
Anarchist

AdimralZo, your jumpship yard is not getting something that it needs. Click on the production tab and look at how much hexacarbide, trillium, and chromium the world is using. Look where it says (consumed). If there is a number in paraenthasis , that is how much the world wants to consume. For example.

Chromium
produced 0
Imported 90
Consumed 90 (300)

Here the world wants to use 300 chromium, but is only getting 90. This will limit production even if the other components are available. Consider this.

Advanced Jumpdrive.
produced 0
Imported 20 (30)
Consumed 20 (30)

Here, the Shipyard WOULD import 30 advanced jumpdrives IF it could make use of them. However the world is only getting enough chromium to make use of 20 jumpdrives, so that's all it will import,
even if plenty are available and the jump part autofac.

Remember, check under the production tab. If that doesn't work (but it should) check the trade route and make sure that the shipyard is set to import 100% of its jumpdrive needs from the autofac. That should not be an issue for you because you aren't using trade hubs.
Stargazer
Anarchist
Anarchist

Also, let me spell out a more advanced problem as it relates to jumpyards.

Sometimes I used to get a bug whereby a jumppart autofac would glitch and start producing ungodly amounts of graviton launchers. The autofac would soak up all the resources from the trade hub and cause shortages. The trade hub would be empty and the autofac would have 2 million trillium or chromium that it imported while it was trying to build infinity graviton launchers.

This only happens if the jumpship yard is NOT producing any undine jumpships. (Undines require graviton launchers). If the jumpyard is set to produce only eldritch ships, the autofac connected to the ship yard will sometimes try to produce 0.00001% graviton launchers, even tho none are needed. Somehow that translates to the autofac trying to produce several million graviton launchers per watch.
To avoid this, make sure your jumpyard is tech level 10, not 9, and make sure it is producing some % of undine ships, even if just 1%.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks, Stargazer; I'll put that in the OP. I knew about the graviton launcher bug and that it was related to an integer overflow but you've really spelled out why it happens- and more importantly, how to prevent it.
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

When a planet regresses to a previous TL, will hab structures built at higher TLs still function?
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

6cef wrote:When a planet regresses to a previous TL, will hab structures built at higher TLs still function?
Hab structures become "ruins", which IIRC behave like hab structures of a lower level, so a planet with ruins will still support more population than one without ruins. I don't think that this happens immediately and I'm not sure what level changes trigger it. Below a certain TL (3?), I'm pretty sure that ruins eventually get demolished, too.

-edit- ruins are only generated if the planet goes independent. Hab structures remain in place but won't function until the TL goes up again.
Last edited by Watch TV, Do Nothing on Thu May 07, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

I'm fairly certain I took a TL 3 with planetary archology ruins. Then again, my memory isn't the best it has ever been. :P
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Thank you Stargazer! I looked under the productions tab and my jumpship yard was not getting enough chronimium, hexacarbide and trillium. I fixed that problem and now it is actually producing 32 Eldritch per watch. :D
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

In light of the recent war, how do people feel about planetary defense structures? When and where are they worth building, if at all? How about citadels with their jumpmissiles and infantry?
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I've been thinking a lot about the subject of planetary defenses since the first galactic war. I've come to to the conclusion that they suck, generally speaking. Not because they are bad at what they do within their specialization but because of the nature of Galactic warfare and the forces involved.

So lets talk about the defenses of a run of the mill consumer goods autofac world. Let's say that it's a water world (because you want those sweet organic production bonuses) raised to tech level 8 with all the structures (because you know that this is the best a CGA world can get for production). Assuming your economy is normal, you probably have each of the three defense structures available (plasma tower, hypersonic missile, armored constellation) set to 5%. You can't really afford much more than that before the world stops being productive. Assuming 100% efficiency and all pop structures, this world will make about 50,000 space forces worth of defenses before it hits the attrition cap. This is enough to stop the kind of force a small empire with only a single fully supplied Fire&Movement doctrine world can field. They might even be able to take such a world, but with high % losses.

As soon as you start talking about an empire that has even one fully supplied one Eldritch capable jumpyard this worlds defenses become useless. 100,000 Eldritch jumships (not a crazy number for a smallish empire) can take a 50,000 5/5/5% world with minimal losses, 5-10%. If you go up to 200,000 jumships the losses go down to about 1%.

So it's basically impossible to defend a GCA world with planetary defenses alone from anything but the tiniest of aggressors and doing so will cost you 15% productivity. Sounds like a bad deal to me.

What about going 33/33/33% on a Capital? Or even 100% on a single type of defense to maximize it's effectiveness? This will get you a lot of space forces on the Capital, but still kinda sucks. It won't be enough on it's own. If you are in a conflict with an empire of similar size, they are just going to roll up to your max-spacedefense Cap with every starship they have. They might take some losses, but it's guaranteed that the might of their starfleet, the result of the productivity of many worlds, will be greater than what a single fully supplied Capital can make.

Which brings me to starships. For a long time I neglected them, focusing on jumpships for offense and imperial guard, exotroops and planetary defenses for defense. This was an error. The Gorgos Starfrigate may be slow as @#$!, but it's the greatest defense a world can have. Let me break it down. 2000 Gorgos hav a space power of 50,000, roughly the same as a 100,000 Eldritch jumpfleet. But in a battle between the two, 2000 Gorgos will completely annihilate the jumpfleet with no losses. This is because Gorgos have a range of 40 compared to 20 for Eldritchs. They can they can hit any ship within assault range from any point in their defensive orbit. So if you are attacking a world defended by Gorgos, you will ALWAYS take some losses. Plus, if you use them like this you essentially get a 15% production boost on that world from not having to make planetary defenses.

So yeah, safe to say I'm switching to a Gorgos defense.
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Let's say that it's a water world (because you want those sweet organic production bonuses) raised to tech level 8 with all the structures (because you know that this is the best a CGA world can get for production).
are there similar bonuses for other worlds? are you sure about the organic food bonus? do you know how much it is? and is tl8 ideal for cga's regardless of world type?

also, totally agree about starships and defenses.