Trade Route & Trade Hub Questions

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Rykker
Anarchist
Anarchist

Just started playing the game and had a couple concerns/questions about trading.... Are there any plans to make Trade Routes & Hubs a bit more dynamic in terms of automatically changing the Import Values?
Trade Routes & Hubs seem to be too delicate a web to me and requires too much tweaking that this game is more about logistics and infrastructure (I loved playing the old Anacreon. I spent more time on the strategic/war side of things than on the logistics ...well except when I was building Gates.... setting up lines of defense, border outposts, massive fleets, SRM belts etc etc.) and losing a world in the hub or even adding one feels like it would make the whole thing unravel.... ie. I have a hub importing 50/50 from 2 autofacs with different amounts of production output but if I add in a world to the hub that skews the balance and one of the autofac worlds can't meet the 50% export demand... now suddenly all my worlds are having to turn on their consumer autofacs for a few watches to make up for their own shortfalls until I tweak route settings again and productivity falls for all my worlds connected to the hub... Hub worlds should be able to act as a storehouse and be able to import all excess production of any good from any world connected to it, or import routes to hub worlds should be dynamically controlled so it can adjust to increased demand by increasing the import value from a world that has more production and adding in more worlds to the hub doesn't throw off the balance.
darkMATTER
Miner
Miner

Hi Rykker. Thanks for posting that. I was thinking the exact same thing...but you worded the issue much better than I ever could. I experimented with Trading Hubs and deciding against using them for the exact same reason.

I fully agree that it would be great if they could import all excess production, as currently it is very easy for the whole system to go out of balance and I keep getting planets that want to import resources but there is none available (even though there is an abundance of that resource - its just failing to get imported by the trading hub for further distribution).