Invisible Killer

General discussion for the game Anacreon
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

I attacked the planet Academy, which had 1347 space and 0 ground forces. I cleared the space forces and moved in for invasion before taking a quick break. However, when I returned I found that, much to my horror, the defenseless planet had chewed through several thousand jumpship/jumpcruisers/jumptransports. Does this sound like an error or someone else interfering?
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

If someone intervened, by having a fleet attack you, you should have got a message about it. I've not experenced your problem yet myself.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I didn't get any message of any kind. I just saw the miserable remains of my fleet still parked in orbit.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

catfighter wrote:I didn't get any message of any kind. I just saw the miserable remains of my fleet still parked in orbit.
A possibly is that the planet had high tech defenses(starting from hypersonic missile complexes). Jumpships of any kind don't fair well with high tech defenses.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I found that out the hard way later :? , but the interface said the planet had 0 space forces before I moved in with transports.

Schrekse
Anarchist
Anarchist

If you left it for a while before sending in the transports the planet could have been building defenses the entire time, which could explain the damage done to your fleet.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I didn't wait very long. My strategy is to hold the transports on the closest planet and not even have the fleet in the system until the enemy is almost defeated, then move in as close to the end of the space battle so they can't rebuild.