How to Get Chronimium

General discussion for the game Anacreon
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

How do you harvest chronimium and what is the fastest way to get it in large quantities?
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The fastest way is to blow up a Ferian colony. You can get away with just farming the miners for some, too, but either way the warriors will be on you.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I meant in Anacreon, but thanks anyway. :)
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

catfighter wrote:I meant in Anacreon, but thanks anyway. :)
Whoops, didn't realize I was in the Anacreon forum.

To get Chronimium, you need a tech level of 7 or higher (I think) on a world with Chronomium deposits. It takes a lot of trillium to produce chronomium so you'll want to import that.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Yup, it's seven. I finally advanced a world far enough to get it. :twisted: Is there anything higher level?

Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Chronimium is the top tier resource for advanced shipbuilding, but advanced jumpships and starships still require hexacarbide and trillum to build. Chronimium requires a lot of trillum to extract, so you can improve efficiency a lot by exporting trillum to your chronimium refinery.

Alternately, autofacs and yards built on planets with chronimium deposits will build a refinery structure automatically if they are not supplied with it, although there is of course a labor opportunity cost and an efficiency penalty associated with this.

Hexacarbide requires 1 unit of trillum to produce. Chronimium requires 2 units of trillum. Chtholon requires 2 units of aetherium.

Ramjets use aetherium and chtholon instead of trillum and chronimium. These resources are only found on planets in nebulas and they have no use aside from building ramjets and ramjet components.

My "questions and answers" page has tables that document resource costs, production efficiency, etc.