Is It Never Enough?

General discussion for the game Anacreon
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

I wasn't sure if were bugs or intentional, so I kept it out of the Bugs thread.

I conquered a new world, and was pleased to discover that it already came with administration. However, some cranky officials insisted that I remodel the place and rebuild the entire admin program. I did so, but of course they were too lazy to do any actual work. Doctrine set to Fire and Movement, no ships built. Doctrine set to Strength and Honor, zero IIB per watch. And oh, just to top it off, "Your 600 SF and 300 GF aren't enough protection. Get some more troops in here." I know planets want at least 1000 SF to recover from rebellion, but every planet before this has been fine even if I only assigned 50 SF and 10 GF.

Is it only Sector Capitals that are so insecure? And is there anything I can do to get the world to produce anything without redesignating to something other than sector capital?
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Rebuilding administration is mandatory for newly-assigned sector capitals; I think this takes about 24 hours. If the world has no hexacarbide deposits (e.g. primordial world, some nebula world types), it won't be able to produce ANY ships unless it imports hexacarbide with a trade route. Ditto if the world has no chronimium and is TL 10 (for Fire & Movement) or >= TL 8 (for Strength & Honor). I believe that the SF required to avoid "demand more military defense" messages varies depending on TL, with higher TL worlds demanding more. It may also have to do with your empire's total military strength in general. GF doesn't appear to have any effect on this.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

So chronimium is required to train IGB on a world of tech level 8 or higher? If so, why would lower tech worlds be able to produce them at all? That seems kind of weird.

GF does have an effect, but it seems to be less than that of SF. I left a world with 0 GF and it complained until I got at least 20 GF on it (this was a 6 or 7 tech level).

*Edit - Just checked and sector capitals won't even import chronimium at all unless they need it for defenses/shipbuilding.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your acronyms.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

My apologies for not making it clear.

IGB=Imperial Guard Brigade
SF=Space Forces
GF=Ground Forces