THE BARRICADES PACT

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Imperator
Anarchist
Anarchist

Yep, I have established the new Imperium of Man on the old Bismalian capital. And it came with the fallen empire's 800k Minotaurs and 300k Gorgos. Let the Imperium stand for eternity! :twisted: Or maybe not... because of attrition I'll probably need to capture a starship base soon.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

The UA attacked me as well, taking three worlds. :evil: But they have lost everything except two worlds now, one of which is the former Arena. :?
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

UA must have restarted, since they're listed as only being 8 periods old. "Cannibal Host" seems to have, uh, eaten the old one.

Edit: aaaaand Imperium of Man bites the dust, too. Space is a tough place, etc.
Last edited by Watch TV, Do Nothing on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

May I join the pact? I quit Anacreon right before the whole United Nations like council got set up; I feel jealous. Additionally, it is incredibly hard to expand. You have huge players at every corner of the galaxy. It took me 3 tries and 5 automatic server messages to say there is no suitable capital for my empire. I can't wait to carve a piece of the world for myself no matter how small.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Kourtious wrote:May I join the pact? I quit Anacreon right before the whole United Nations like council got set up; I feel jealous. Additionally, it is incredibly hard to expand. You have huge players at every corner of the galaxy. It took me 3 tries and 5 automatic server messages to say there is no suitable capital for my empire. I can't wait to carve a piece of the world for myself no matter how small.
While we're on the topic of new members to the Barricades Pact, the FFUS would like to know if it has been accepted into the barricades pact.

If the FFUS is an official member of the Barricades Pact, we vote for Kourtious to enter the pact.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I have no objections to your joining. :) Should we just start a new thread for each vote so that we can use the actual poll function and let everyone know for sure that a vote is being held?
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

a new join ? why not? :mrgreen:
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Kourtious, you can have my vote once we figure out what empire you are playing.

Some voting threads may be an idea, but part of the problem is that different Pact Members have different levels of activity, often in bursts ( I mean, um, their imperial bureaucracy functions sporadically, or something). So it can take a while to get a full majority, especially as more members are added. This is sort of why the Council of Four exists, even though it has no official power and is pretty much just the most active Members talking about what's up in the Galaxy and trying to make plans. Ah, the problems of running an alliance spread across thousands of light years!

Perhaps a slight amendment to the structure of the Pact Rules may be in order. Though I am wary of giving one group power over another, we could do something like this:

1.Council of Four votes on new Members. All current Members have the right to veto or raise an objection.

2.Any Member may call for an empire to be removed from the Council of Four.

3.To combat inactivity stalling things, all Pact matters (New Members, Kick from the Council, Some Unforeseen Thing) will have a vote timer of 7 cycles from when they are proposed.

I await your thoughts...definitely not with mind reading equipment though.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Also the pact can't easily retaliate against attacks on members by players with imperial might below a certain threshold.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well, now for example, it seems that the Cannibal host has attacked our Lord Hoa00004, I think that only our "lower in might" members are able to help him!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I thought UA attacked Hoa0004 and then Cannibal Host took those planets from UA.
sharksaver
Anarchist
Anarchist

If someone gives me a picture of cannibal host's position compared to mine I will spare what ships I can to destroy him...
EDIT: Btw, be careful what you plan. I think he reads our forums, I got a threat in-game and I haven't met him before then.
Last edited by sharksaver on Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharksaver
Anarchist
Anarchist

Btw, I have about 30 planets, so hopefully my might is low enough
EDIT: He has twice my planets, I don't know if I can take him.
2nd EDIT: It appears that diplomacy has worked, He told me If we don't bother him he won't bother us.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Goodbye NEWBIE, who apparently abandoned today. He was a good neighbor (to me) and acted immediately to defend pact members when they got attacked. His departure leaves a lot of newly-independent planets all across the galaxy, which should give new players room to expand. Grab 'em before their tech levels drop and hab structures get ruined!

Also RIP Elder Confederacy (in the far south), eaten alive by Cannibal Host. They still have quite a few planets but no capital and Cannibal's post on Ministry says he now has two capitals like Charminium. I'm pretty sure Elder Confederacy wasn't a pact member.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

They weren't, but I knew their emperor(ess). I'll see if she is still able to control the Confederacy. It'll be interesting if she gets like Xephyr...

EDIT - Yes in deed, the Confederacy, just like Xephyr, is stuck in limbo. She was kind enough to show me her empire (and let me post a heavily blacked-out screenshot), and it's like Xephyr described. Although she has no capital(s) or sector capitals, loading the game starts on her old capital (now Second Gibbeon or something like that). All former territory is still outlined in the thin white circles that appear around edge-of-influence, but she can't control any of her worlds. One staryard became a pseudo-capital, allowing her to change doctrine and/or abdicate, but even it is uncontrollable. [screenshot below] At my request she won't abdicate so that we can experiment with the limbo state, so please nobody attack her for now.
Anacreon_Beta_Confederacy_Capital_Error.png
Anacreon_Beta_Confederacy_Capital_Error.png (192.38 KiB) Viewed 7018 times