THE BARRICADES PACT

General discussion for the game Anacreon
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

It is actually me, Jaerevarr (Felor Empire), who runs the bulletin. I named it before Lord Stargazer joined, which I found to be quite a delicious irony. The virtual world people call "reality" has been stealing a lot of my time but I'll update whenever I can. :)

I agree; let the Arena games begin! But before the Arena itself is built I wanted to try one little game. The Great Rift has some rather...interesting mechanics, and I wanted to test them with a little race. I told some explorers to embark on what would have been a 4-watch flight "as the crow flies" across the Great Rift, but their computers freaked out and calculated a 32-watch path taking them on an enormous round-about through an even worse crossing and looping backwards on their path several times. I mean complete, full circle loops. I didn't even think it was possible to do that. :roll: Anyways, how about two empires get some vanguards to one world and have them race across a rift zone to a set ending world. You could choose to leave the ships on autopilot or manage every jump, but I though it would be interesting to see if manual drive was actually faster than autopilot. (It certainly was in my case; I managed to get the ships across in six watches by managing every move.) I'd set up some form of prize for the winner of course, perhaps some ships or even whole planets if the empire wished. Outside of Anacreon, I can offer to write a custom Transcendence mod for those who play it or do some sort of artwork (very basic skills, though). What a competition without some compensation, after all?

Let the Games begin!

Long live the Barricades!
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

What a nice idea Jaerevar!

In order to answer to Lord Charminium (that even if in peaceful relation with us, is not one of us)
6cef wrote:
who is currently a member of this pact but, importantly, who is not?
Are we all agree in make a pubblic list of our members? Why yes? Why not?
I must underline that now the identity of the majority of our members is very well known,
so, I think, why not?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Sure, why not? I'll put the list up on the Bulletin.

About that, would you guys rather that I keep the Bulletin where it is, or would you prefer that I start a new thread for it? Either way I'll be trying to update once every 2-3 days.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I advocate making the list public. The whole point is to deter aggression against members, so how do enemies know not to attack a member if they don't know they're a member?
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

catfighter wrote:...would you guys rather that I keep the Bulletin where it is, or would you prefer that I start a new thread for it?
New thread. Bulletin will be first post.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Terran Dominion is only a small empire a fair distance south of my capital. He only has 7 worlds but I feel that he will expand very rapidly. He has already been launching attacks on my worlds and he has actually taken a few.

Since he has attacked me, I am free to fight him, but I do not want to because he is so small. I reckon though, when he grows larger, he will be a threat to us.

What should I do?
Imperator
Anarchist
Anarchist

I am the leader of the Terran Dominion, and I apologise for the inconvenience caused by these conquests. Unfortunately, there is little room for expansion in this area. I have respawned my capital several times, and this is the only location that is somewhat viable. Any other spawn location is surrounded by Republic of Reason or Bismalia worlds. The Dominion respects your military and economic strength, and peacefully requests that we be allowed to take worlds within the radius of my capital's influence. I have sent a small diplomatic fleet north to your capital, so that we may communicate via IGM.

Regards,
Imperator
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I fully understand your unfortunate situation and I apologise for my misunderstanding. However, I request that you please not take my sector capitals as that causes a lot of inconvenience.

If you wish, I can help you destroy the space forces of strong independent worlds close to your capital, so you can take them with ease.

Kind regards,

Admiral Zo
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hurra for diplomacy :-)!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Imperator
Anarchist
Anarchist

Alright, thank you! I'll work with what I've got for now. Btw, how far north exactly is your capital? I've sent a fleet quite a long way already. Maybe you could send one to mine? And thanks heaps for the offer, if I find a valuable world I'll let you know :)
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Imperator wrote:Alright, thank you! I'll work with what I've got for now. Btw, how far north exactly is your capital? I've sent a fleet quite a long way already. Maybe you could send one to mine? And thanks heaps for the offer, if I find a valuable world I'll let you know :)
You captured 10 fairly prime worlds from me, including a sector capital.

You're not going to work with what you've got.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

WAR?!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Oh no, not again. :?

Meh. The fleet will get into position, just in case.

Imperator
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'll be back.
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Finnian wrote:WAR?!
It was over before it started.