THE BARRICADES PACT

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Welcome Anacreon lovers.

This is the official thread of the Barricades Pact, the first galactic guild! :mrgreen:
Consider it like a sort of embassy.
All users can use this pubblic thread in order to establish diplomatic relationship with us.

Here we discuss about all the civil aspects of our galactic empires, ideas for making the game more interesting,
we share wisdom and informations.

In our guild we have only three rules:

1) A member can't attack another member
2) If a member is attacked (and he lost planets) the other members counter attack the enemy
3) If a member wants to start a war he has to ask for the majority vote of the other members

something similar to the U.N. of the planet earth. We are open to new recruitments!
That's all for now!
Hurra for the Barricades Pact!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Long live the Barricades!

We, the Barricades Pact are first galactic Guild, a force for peace and prosperity in the galaxy. There are few empires left and the remaining ones seem to be either abandoned or ultra-powerful, so there are very few worlds left for expansion. Therefore, we open our arms to welcome any empire looking for support and/or protection. Anyone new to the galaxy is welcome to come to us for aid; all we ask in return is that you, too, fight for peace and give support of your own whenever necessary.

May the Barricades forever stand strong! Long live the Barricades!

[I will attempt to keep this post operating as a weekly news bulletin, a strategy reference, and possibly more.]

The Stargazer Bulletin:

-Human Imperium Abdicates.
-Bismalia/Pact War resolved.
-Planning for ARENA project begins. We'll be hosting friendly competitions (for prizes, of course :)) to test out variousgame mechanics.

Current Great Powers:
-1) Republic of Reason
-2) Dogeland
-3) Finnians

Oldest Surviving Empire(s):
-Muriel Union
-Dominion of Evil Sloths
(300 cycles and counting, although both empires are believed to have been abandoned)

Youngest Empire:
-The Empire of the Sun [still outdated :roll: eventually I'll get around to finding out]

Weekly Watch Advisor:

-If possible, work for 100% efficiency and production in each type of world, especially shipyards. Trade hubs are a great way to make sure your worlds get everything they need in just the right amounts. Redesignating worlds as little as possible keeps your people happy and healthy; we wouldn't want them thinking they could do better on their own, now, would we?

Barricades Pact Members:
-[Notetoself: original circle of four, rank all by IM or order joined?, need to get full update on newer members]

Anyone with news or tips they would like to share is welcome to PM me (tell me whether or not you want to be named). We need eyes and ears all over the galaxy!
Last edited by catfighter on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yay! My first post. How many empires are there exactly? I haven't even explored the entire galaxy...
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

good question, it seems we are actually 40 empire but I don't believe it (many little empire are Non Playing)
20 active player in my opinion is more realistic
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I am interested in joining, but could people identify their empires when they post? Finnian I recognize but I don't know which empires are catfighter's and AdmiralZo's. I'm Hallucination, three unconnected clusters that overlap and are divided by Bismalia's territories east of the big dark "river" in the north center of the map. Republic of Reason is my only neighbor to the east, and I also border pact member Riproviriano (who I fought a small war with a few days ago) to the South. My central core has chronic resource shortages and I can't quite balance its economy. There aren't a lot of unclaimed planets left in my part of the galaxy at the moment.

I had a midsize empire under a different name a few months ago but I let it collapse, it was in the galactic far west. Planets with really boring names (e.g. Northwest Hub C) are my enduring legacy to the galaxy.

I am a high-TL law & order power, military is concentrated into two gunship fleets separated by the left arm of the dark "T" in the galactic northeast. One of these gunship fleets has access to the upper eastern pocket and the other can act in the center east of the river. I have a smaller high-TL jumpfleet and can't realistically expect to project force into or west of the river.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Welcome to our embassy thread mylord! Here the emperors can use nickname, only them can decide to reveal their identity.

Riproviamo brings to you his complimemts for your power, usually I translate for him because we are both Italian but he write a english poorer than mine.

Riproviamo is a very wise lord. As a personal reward for your attack he asked us your joining in our guild.

Now we will vote for your join.

I vote yes, I think Catfighter and Riproviamo are both for your joining so I suppose you have now 3 yes. You need other 2 votes and you're in.

I have to remember to all the member that actually we are waiting also for the votes about Lord Starnet joining.

In my opinion we have to try to be faster mylords.

Hurry! The Barricades must grow! Let's vote!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Greetings in the name of the Barricades Pact!

I control the Republic of Reason (and am also a member of the Pact). Hallucination and Starnet have my vote. After all, Hallucination is my galactic neighbor. Once voting is concluded we can bring all the new members up to speed on recent organizational discussions.

Long Live the Barricades Pact!
Stargazer
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello. I control the Sol empire at the bottom of the map, and was recently inducted into the pact. I also tried to send the members a Pm but messed up and messaged the beta group. Ive got it figured out now.
I'm new and don't know much about whats going on yet, but if my vote is desired then I would vote yes to any new members.
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I've been trying to find a foothold somewhere for the Charminium empire. I'm happy to pick up whatever worlds I can without aggravating the major powers. For now.... ;)

-Colin
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hello! I'm the emperor of hoa0004. Watch TV, Do Nothing, you've probably seen my before...I've seen your explorers at my planets. :D

Members of the Barricades Pact, we have to do something about the person who keeps trolling me. Today the 3rd separate empire has taken one of sector capitals. The first was called 'Greater Realm of hoa004' and took 7 worlds. The second 'Old League of hoa0004' took 6 worlds. Today's third 'Trading Imperium of hoa0004' again took 7 worlds.

Each empire's capital always appears on my sector capital and several of my worlds 'joins' their empire. I can't seem to attack them because their empire 'does not pose a threat to us'.

If anyone has any information please inform me.

Long live the Barricades Pact!!
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'm voting yes for anyone who desires to join our pact.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

AdmiralZo wrote:
Members of the Barricades Pact, we have to do something about the person who keeps trolling me. Today the 3rd separate empire has taken one of sector capitals. The first was called 'Greater Realm of hoa004' and took 7 worlds. The second 'Old League of hoa0004' took 6 worlds. Today's third 'Trading Imperium of hoa0004' again took 7 worlds.

Each empire's capital always appears on my sector capital and several of my worlds 'joins' their empire. I can't seem to attack them because their empire 'does not pose a threat to us'.

It is incredible!! Think carefully mylord, have you an old enemy that hate you? We must save you!

Maybe is better if you manage this situation using our "Secret Message" mode
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
calsifer
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hallucination have my vote
gc2
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I believe this is not the result of any attack; your sector capitals are rebelling. Your empire is quite large and you're still on the Fire and Movement doctrine. If you check the empire tab it probably says that the risk of secession is high. Switch to Law and Order and that should fix the problem.
Stargazer
Anarchist
Anarchist

This is correct. These new empires don't belong to anybody, they aren't even computer controlled. Some of your sector capitals revolted. Once an empire grows to any appreciable size you must enact the law and order doctrine. Your sector capitals will thn produce imperial guards which suppress rebellion.