THE BARRICADES PACT

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

On hazardous planets, any trillum shortage will result in mass deaths because the habitat structure won't be able to make survival goods. When you capture hazardous planets with trace trillum deposits, like barren worlds, it helps to bring a couple dozen thousand tons of trillum in transports with your infantry. This is especially true if the planet is high-tech. Trade routes from trillum planets take a couple watches to get running at full capacity and if you don't have a trillum stockpile on the planet, it can shut off its trillum extractor structure but then run out of trillum before the trade route supplies enough. Going up in TL or changing designation can also cause spikes in trillum demand so you want to be sure that you have more than a couple hundred tons on hazardous planets when you do these.
sharksaver
Anarchist
Anarchist

Well that helps to know thanks

Hail the Pact!
Onyyxx
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hey, I'm an empire that is new to the beta galaxy. My empire's name is the Izzet League and my capital is Theros. I am looking to join the pact.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

My vote as usual! :D
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I cast my vote as well!
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

i vote yes
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

My little princess accidently abdicated my Empire so I started over but she is the Empress and I am her General Formally Lord Newbie. I (We) would like to join the barricade pact again. Please if you guys can be nice enough allow her to live she is making the game play and I will make sure she doesn't attack anyone. Please let her play through. General Neo and Empress Diana. P.S. someone killed her before and that was a mess.
NH620
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:Goodbye NEWBIE, who apparently abandoned today. He was a good neighbor (to me) and acted immediately to defend pact members when they got attacked. His departure leaves a lot of newly-independent planets all across the galaxy, which should give new players room to expand. Grab 'em before their tech levels drop and hab structures get ruined!

Also RIP Elder Confederacy (in the far south), eaten alive by Cannibal Host. They still have quite a few planets but no capital and Cannibal's post on Ministry says he now has two capitals like Charminium. I'm pretty sure Elder Confederacy wasn't a pact member.

Lord Newbie is now General Neo and my little Princess is Empress Diana. She abdicated my empire when I was preparing her meal in the kitchen. We have a new Empire together called JOY please be nice to her guys I will make sure she doesn't attack anyone. She the Boss now as daddy's the girls are always.
NH620
sharksaver
Anarchist
Anarchist

Nice to see that your back Newbie

Hail the Pact!
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote: Lord Newbie is now General Neo and my little Princess is Empress Diana. She abdicated my empire when I was preparing her meal in the kitchen. We have a new Empire together called JOY please be nice to her guys I will make sure she doesn't attack anyone. She the Boss now as daddy's the girls are always.
Haha your small child pressed the big red button. Wait, the button isn't red. No wonder she felt compelled to press the big green button.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Welcome back! If you guys want to expand, pretty much the only free worlds left are in the top-left corner. Good luck to the both of you! :)
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner

I am a new, weak empire at the edge of the galaxy, may I request to join the barricades pact?

I predict Catfighter will refuse the acceptance of the Oreo colonies, but I could be wrong.
I took a calculated risk, but man, am I bad at math.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Lately we've been admitting a lot of really small empires that then go inactive and just sit there taking up space because other small empires won't attack them since they're in the pact. Now that the galaxy is getting crowded, I feel like small empires should be fighting like rabid dogs and only be admitted to the pact once they've fought at least one war and reached a size that the other members of the pact can credibly protect them and vice versa.
Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:Lately we've been admitting a lot of really small empires that then go inactive and just sit there taking up space because other small empires won't attack them since they're in the pact. Now that the galaxy is getting crowded, I feel like small empires should be fighting like rabid dogs and only be admitted to the pact once they've fought at least one war and reached a size that the other members of the pact can credibly protect them and vice versa.
Fine with me, I'm mostly on Alpha and haven't really invested in Beta(yet).

So, how many little empires (estimate) to I have to crush before being admitted? I'll focus on making a reasonable amount of ships to invade them. I do not yet have a full galactic map and I will eventually get around to take the little one-worlds around me as I make more Eldriches and infantry.
I took a calculated risk, but man, am I bad at math.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm just sort of thinking out loud- I don't speak for the pact an I don't see any reason that you shouldn't join. The real issue for you is going to be lack of space, since you started inside Finnian without much room to expand, so you might need to consider colonizing another region of space. If you can expand to 30 worlds you'll have my vote.