THE BARRICADES PACT

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It would seem that the remaining three members of the Pact are also still the three largest powers of the Beta Galaxy. Myself (the Republic of Reason), Felor and the Finnians. JOY (or was it BLISS? I always mixed up the Cap and the Empire) was also until a member until they recently abdicated. There's not a lot of need for the Pact these days to be honest. There hasn't been a Galactic War for over 100 cycles now. I mean, my own empire has fallen and been rebuilt in that time and no-one tried to attack me.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Recently a little group of my explorers named "Finnian Air Force One" was destroyed so I must suppose that my old character: " The Ambassador of the Finnians" now is dead in the incident.

From now my new character will be called "Finn Finnianson".

Of course in case of war I will not ask the remaining members to give me defensive military help, it is unfair now that we are big powerful nations. Or not?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Nova Andromeda
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'm still don't see how this alliance is any different from any other group of players trying to take over the galaxy. It certainly hasn't stop its members from killing off other players using 1st strikes (including weaker opponents). Why not dissolve the alliance and have one final gigantic galactic war??
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

In fact it is a very long time that this institution doesn't work, ( for example all of us decided to start personal wars without discussion with other members first) but even if the Barricades Pact is over as galactic istitution we can see that its culture survive in our sovereigns and now galaxy is peaceful. A final total war is not a bad idea if George will announce a server restart
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Greetings all! My, it has been some time since I last checked in but the galaxy hasn't changed a bit!

An all out war sounds fun, but could we wait for a while? I won't have enough time to seriously participate until mid-December and, to be frank, it's kind of an unfair battle seeing as the Republic had more space forces than the entire rest of the galaxy combined even as it was falling to pieces. In the event that we don't get a server reset and/or a Beta II, what say we all abdicate and restart on a date we can all agree upon? That way we'll be more even and we'll have a bit more of a challenge if someone else rises to power in the meantime (Lady Oreo, cough cough*). Again, I won't have time to seriously play until December, so we could set that as our restart-date.

*Lady Oreo is deadly and we'd have a real task on our hands attempting to dethrone her. She has so much free time to play and in a month or two she conquered 1000+ planets on Alpha and killed off all major players besides me and a few youngling upstarts.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I know Finn is sentimental about our current empires and I too would miss the galaxy as it now stands, but we could have someone compile the galactic map if their computer is advanced enough. Also, I have preserved my entire communications log from the Jumpmissile Incident onwards and I think that others have preserved at least part of theirs, should we ever want to take a trip down good ol' Memory Lane.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner

catfighter wrote:Greetings all! My, it has been some time since I last checked in but the galaxy hasn't changed a bit!

An all out war sounds fun, but could we wait for a while? I won't have enough time to seriously participate until mid-December and, to be frank, it's kind of an unfair battle seeing as the Republic had more space forces than the entire rest of the galaxy combined even as it was falling to pieces. In the event that we don't get a server reset and/or a Beta II, what say we all abdicate and restart on a date we can all agree upon? That way we'll be more even and we'll have a bit more of a challenge if someone else rises to power in the meantime (Lady Oreo, cough cough*). Again, I won't have time to seriously play until December, so we could set that as our restart-date.

*Lady Oreo is deadly and we'd have a real task on our hands attempting to dethrone her. She has so much free time to play and in a month or two she conquered 1000+ planets on Alpha and killed off all major players besides me and a few youngling upstarts.
Don't listen to Felor's slader I have an actual life now besides my empire is a mess with an incredible amount of Eldriches since only conquering is fun and managing is annoying.

Also it's only 972 as of today.
I took a calculated risk, but man, am I bad at math.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

You know, that was meant as a compliment. And as of now, I think the Republic is the only truly organized empire in either server. (tiny ones don't count, sorry guys :wink: )