THE GALACTIC ARENA!!!

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If you zoom in you can see that missile strikes generate visible blasts that seem to correspond to their damage (starcruiser blasts are bigger than jumpcruiser blasts) but this appears to be a cosmetic effect that doesn't actually represent anything.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Do different classes of ships move between orbitals at different rates? Transports seem really slow, explorers seem fast and I just had a battle where Minotaurs (which I don't use as attackers very often) seemed to be flying all over like they were on amphetamines.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Short answer, yes. I have no clue what factors determine combat speed, but explorers are undeniably on a caffine high, and somehow big/slow starships can muster enough energy to outfly ultra-fast little jumpships.

Attention all Felor starpilots! Please cut back on the catnip. You're going to get in an accident zipping around at that speed!
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If ships really have different delta-v's, I think it should be clearly spelled out in their descriptions.
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ok, so from my my tests of Helions VS Undines I can tell you that both definitely have the same speed. Any perceived speed advantage comes from the Helions shorter range. They have to get within 5 to shoot so they often move to a lower orbit and thus speed up on screen. Starships move faster. From some crude testing and my own observations I would say that all jumships seem to move at the same speed in a given orbit, the same speed as Satellites/battlestations, while starships move at double that.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Wait, starships move double the speed of jumpships parallel to the planet's surface (along their orbital), or double speed perpendicular to the planet's surface (moving between orbitals?)
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

By faster I meant that explorers can descend in orbit faster than any other ship. Helion+eldritch+reliant all attacked from the same orbit at the same time and the helion descended as if gravity didn't apply to the other ship classes. Now I'm curious and I'm going to have to buy some ramjets from Mesophon to play around with.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

For anybody new to the galaxy: The Arena civilization got conquered a now-defunct empire and the former Arena capital is currently serving as one of my foundation planets, but you can still fight any of the fleets in orbit around it.