STARGAZER BULLETIN

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Wayward Device wrote:Map again, Cycle 4561: http://i.imgur.com/v9TOnF2.jpg
Edit: Just comparing the two, maps it seems that as well as the the other activity in the South already mentioned the Reformed Empire has begun a major expansion north into the Purple Galactic Rift, the Great Dark Rift's more flamboyant cousin. Whether this will ultimately prove wise or not only time will tell.
That nebula has an interesting history, it has always been sparsely populated but it's centrally located and it's seen a lot of military action. Felor had outposts there and it's where the Evil Space Pirates fought with nor. There are lot of less-productive nebular worlds there, but it's centrally located and offers easy access to the few remaining Mesophon planets.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If it wasn't clear before, I'm BOYCOTT. In the past 4 cycles I destroyed Union of Worlds, who had been sitting inactive on my northern border for quite a while. I've started tracking Earth Industries, which has been around for about two months but which only recently started to establish trade routes and to build combat ships effectively.

Other than that, not much action:
  • A new empire, Rus, appeared to my west, expanded a little, and immediately took his capital up to post-industrial, so he's in trougble now. It seems like 90% of new empires do this and there's no way for them to know the consequences ahead of time unless they happen to read the forums. Capital tech projects really need to get addressed in the next round of bugfixes, if and when that happens.
  • Reformed Empire is expanding north into the bright nebula
  • ROR set up another cluster in the NW corner, next to Henry VIII's capital. The cluster isn't building anything yet, though.
  • Terran added a couple worlds, I think reclaiming planets lost to civil wars.
  • Finnian has been consolidating his territory in the SE. Incidentally, Finnian uses tech projects instead of foundations. This keeps his empire very stable but it's also a big drag on his economy, and only allows him to build high-tech ships on naturally high-TL planets. It also means that most of his planets could be producing a lot more labor than they are right now.
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Cycle 4565 Map: http://i.imgur.com/xYUWUN4.jpg

It would appear that Hail Henry has destroyed Earth Industries and severely damaged the Kilngons. With his ability to conduct long range operations proven, the only question now is will this upstart Outer-Rim Bandit King be able to solidify his economic base or burn out like so many other seeking power in the South.

It would appear that the Southern Conflict is heating up, with Boycott and the Reformed Empire being the big winners so far. Despite the recent destruction of Earth Industries, Finnian still has two pocket empires, Literati and Wesnoth, huddling in his Southern Reaches like tropical fish in a coral reef. Whether they will be able to leverage this to their advantage is currently unknown.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hail Henry has destroyed Earth Industries
I knew I should have defended my capital more. Yesterday I had the feeling he would strike, though I did nothing to prevent it.

Earth Industries 2.0 will prevail!!
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

What??!!!

In less than 2 hours, Earth Industries 2.0 has been obliterated.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:shock: by who?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Finnian wrote::shock: by who?
Henry VIII, Scourge of the South
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

will we see a Earth Industry 3.0?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

will we see a Earth Industry 3.0?
No. Earth Industries is over. You will see hoa0004...again.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

is there a mistery hide in your empire name?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

is there a mistery hide in your empire name?
What do you mean by mystery hide? I just don't want Henry VIII to know that I'm behind the hoa0004 empire.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:mrgreen: well, I mean that I am curious about the meaning of "Hoa0004". If you want to keep the secret on your identity you have to hope that Henry don't read the forum now:shock:
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Sorry to disappoint you, but there is actually no meaning behind the name hoa0004. :shock:
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I just realised, it's actually called 'trillum'. I've been calling it trillium all along. :oops:
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:D a lot of wars! It seems Klingon answered to Henry's attacks, and Wesnoth destroyed Litterati. A special welcome back in the galaxy to the Evil Space Pirates!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST