STARGAZER BULLETIN

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Post Reply
User avatar
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by Finnian » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:40 am

:mrgreen: Well , right! To kill them I need to become a FROE

{A froe (or frow) or shake axe is a tool for cleaving wood by splitting it along the grain}

Thank you for the advice. I will BE a FROE :mrgreen:
IN GEORGE WE TRUST

User avatar
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by Finnian » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:20 pm

:shock: War ! War ! Evil Pirates VS Wesnoth!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST

User avatar
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 706
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:22 am

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by Watch TV, Do Nothing » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:58 pm

Image

Image

Big news is the Space Pirates - Wesnoth war; the war ended up being pretty one-sided and wesnoth's fleets and economy are pretty much wiped out as of right now.

ESP says: "i attacked wesnoth because he was growing fast near me and he had lots of undefended capitals. i thought i only had a small window to attack him in before he put plasma or starships on them. i caught him afk and he never had a chance to respond. it was a gamble because he had a shipyard with 20000 gorgos near me and i had nothing that could fight that but he never got a chance to move it before the planet went independent in a civil war"

Nova Andromeda
Anarchist
Anarchist
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:00 am

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by Nova Andromeda » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:08 pm

I've nearly completed the more critical nebular tests I wanted to do. The other tests will take less than a week. Any suggestions on what else to test or what to do with this empire when I've finished? I could test combat with someone if they wanted, setup planets with specific defenses, etc.

User avatar
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 706
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:22 am

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by Watch TV, Do Nothing » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Nova, if you're feeling ambitious:
  • I don't think anyone's ever tested infantry attrition rates.
  • I don't think attrition rates are known for most resources. We know hexacarbide and durable goods have lower attrition than other resources but beyond that I think it's kind of murky. It's tricky to quantify things like organic food attrition since all planets are always using the resource, but if you have any 100% efficient planets with stable populations the consumption should be stable across a test period and you could account for it that way.
  • I'm not sure if it's been established whether resources and infantry in transports have lower/higher attrition rates.
  • Planetary defense structure and jumpmissile attrition rates aren't known.
  • Jumpmissile damage against moving and stationary fleets could stand to be tested. I have a citadel with 150k jumpmissiles at UX 9614 here: Image.
    That cluster is already extremely well defended so the jumpmissiles are superfluous and I could use them for testing.

    If you can get some fleets of varying sizes with different ship types (Minotaurs and various jumpship types) to planets within range of that citadel and maybe some of my other citadels (1 fleet per planet near a citadel, don't send them straight to the citadels.) I can shoot at them and we can see what the damage done per jumpmissile is. You could also send a couple identical fleets so we can test consistency. Once your fleets are in orbit you don't have to be active when I shoot; to get accurate fleet counts I can just attack the fleets with explorers, count the exact number of ships in the fleet, cancel the attack before any ships get destroyed, and then fire the missiles.

    However, if you have any time tomorrow, November 24th from 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM EST we could also test jumpmissiles against moving fleets. It's too soon for you to build and get capital starships near my citadels, though, and I don't have any citadels that overlap nebulas to shoot at your capital ramjets.

    I am interested in how effective jumpship and starfrigate jumpmissile interception is when stationary, whether it works at all in motion, whether there is any difference in damage for moving/stationary fleets of non-interceptors like jumpcruisers and gunships, and whether stronger ships get targeted first in mixed fleets (e.g. 10,000 gunships and 100,0000 explorers, do the gunships get targeted first or is damage distributed evenly.)

User avatar
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 466
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:17 am
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by catfighter » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:06 pm

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:We know hexacarbide and durable goods have lower attrition than other resources
They don't. I left a fleet with hexcarbide on board near my capital in the ancient days of the Pact: the transports attritioned out long ago, but I still have a perfect 1000 hexcarbide in orbit to this very day.
Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:whether stronger ships get targeted first in mixed fleets
As far as I know, they're targeted in alphabetical order; that's the one and only use for adamants, as a shield. ;)
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."

User avatar
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 706
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:22 am

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by Watch TV, Do Nothing » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:29 pm

Felor wrote:As far as I know, they're targeted in alphabetical order
omg really?

User avatar
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 466
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:17 am
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by catfighter » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:03 pm

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:
Felor wrote:As far as I know, they're targeted in alphabetical order
omg really?
Much to my chagrin at times... :roll:

This seems to be the structure all across the board. This is also why I never bring adamants to an actual battle; they swamp the top of the tactical list merely because of their name and prevent me from commanding the ships that can actually do something about the enemy. *mutters darkly*
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."

Nova Andromeda
Anarchist
Anarchist
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:00 am

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by Nova Andromeda » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:17 pm

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:Nova, if you're feeling ambitious:
  • I don't think anyone's ever tested infantry attrition rates.
  • I don't think attrition rates are known for most resources. We know hexacarbide and durable goods have lower attrition than other resources but beyond that I think it's kind of murky. It's tricky to quantify things like organic food attrition since all planets are always using the resource, but if you have any 100% efficient planets with stable populations the consumption should be stable across a test period and you could account for it that way.
  • I'm not sure if it's been established whether resources and infantry in transports have lower/higher attrition rates.
  • Planetary defense structure and jumpmissile attrition rates aren't known.
  • Jumpmissile damage against moving and stationary fleets could stand to be tested. I have a citadel with 150k jumpmissiles at UX 9614 here: Image.
    That cluster is already extremely well defended so the jumpmissiles are superfluous and I could use them for testing.

    If you can get some fleets of varying sizes with different ship types (Minotaurs and various jumpship types) to planets within range of that citadel and maybe some of my other citadels (1 fleet per planet near a citadel, don't send them straight to the citadels.) I can shoot at them and we can see what the damage done per jumpmissile is. You could also send a couple identical fleets so we can test consistency. Once your fleets are in orbit you don't have to be active when I shoot; to get accurate fleet counts I can just attack the fleets with explorers, count the exact number of ships in the fleet, cancel the attack before any ships get destroyed, and then fire the missiles.

    However, if you have any time tomorrow, November 24th from 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM EST we could also test jumpmissiles against moving fleets. It's too soon for you to build and get capital starships near my citadels, though, and I don't have any citadels that overlap nebulas to shoot at your capital ramjets.

    I am interested in how effective jumpship and starfrigate jumpmissile interception is when stationary, whether it works at all in motion, whether there is any difference in damage for moving/stationary fleets of non-interceptors like jumpcruisers and gunships, and whether stronger ships get targeted first in mixed fleets (e.g. 10,000 gunships and 100,0000 explorers, do the gunships get targeted first or is damage distributed evenly.)
Sure, I'll start working on these things. Do you have the current known attrition rates? I have some, but not all and I'd like to compare the accuracy of mine vs. whatever someone else has. I'll try to launch a few fleets into your space today to test the alphabetical ordering theory.

I will also test, on planet, in space, and moving attrition rates to see if they are the same or not. I may put a lot of food in transports and see how that works for item attrition.

User avatar
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 706
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:22 am

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by Watch TV, Do Nothing » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:22 pm

Attrition for Stingers is 0.012%/watch and attrition for Defiances is 0.006%/watch according to CaleyM. That's pretty much all I know about attrition right now. There's some graininess at smaller fleet/resource stockpile sizes since the game rounds (dunno if up or down) to the nearest unit or resource quanta. Since fleets and stockpiles can disappear completely it must not be strictly rounding down, but it's not rounding up since small starship fleets don't seem to always lose one unit per watch. An extra unit may be getting removed occasionally (or at random?) to allow small quantities to vanish completely. I have a spreadsheet with attrition calculations I did for resources about a year ago but I won't be able to access the computer that it's on until next week.

User avatar
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 466
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:17 am
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by catfighter » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:34 pm

I'm running some tests now on various resources/defenses, both on and off planet. My results tend to be scatter-plot, line-of-best-fit-type based on extrapolation, but they're ok for a general guideline.

My findings after a few days: chronimium attritions slightly faster than reliant transports; trillum attritions much slower than reliants; hexcarbide does not attrition at all. To get cold hard data, we'd have to wait for my fleets to attrition out completely.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."

Nova Andromeda
Anarchist
Anarchist
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:00 am

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by Nova Andromeda » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:51 pm

Nova Andromeda wrote:
Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:Nova, if you're feeling ambitious:
  • I don't think anyone's ever tested infantry attrition rates.
  • I don't think attrition rates are known for most resources. We know hexacarbide and durable goods have lower attrition than other resources but beyond that I think it's kind of murky. It's tricky to quantify things like organic food attrition since all planets are always using the resource, but if you have any 100% efficient planets with stable populations the consumption should be stable across a test period and you could account for it that way.
  • I'm not sure if it's been established whether resources and infantry in transports have lower/higher attrition rates.
  • Planetary defense structure and jumpmissile attrition rates aren't known.
  • Jumpmissile damage against moving and stationary fleets could stand to be tested. I have a citadel with 150k jumpmissiles at UX 9614 here: Image.
    That cluster is already extremely well defended so the jumpmissiles are superfluous and I could use them for testing.

    If you can get some fleets of varying sizes with different ship types (Minotaurs and various jumpship types) to planets within range of that citadel and maybe some of my other citadels (1 fleet per planet near a citadel, don't send them straight to the citadels.) I can shoot at them and we can see what the damage done per jumpmissile is. You could also send a couple identical fleets so we can test consistency. Once your fleets are in orbit you don't have to be active when I shoot; to get accurate fleet counts I can just attack the fleets with explorers, count the exact number of ships in the fleet, cancel the attack before any ships get destroyed, and then fire the missiles.

    However, if you have any time tomorrow, November 24th from 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM EST we could also test jumpmissiles against moving fleets. It's too soon for you to build and get capital starships near my citadels, though, and I don't have any citadels that overlap nebulas to shoot at your capital ramjets.

    I am interested in how effective jumpship and starfrigate jumpmissile interception is when stationary, whether it works at all in motion, whether there is any difference in damage for moving/stationary fleets of non-interceptors like jumpcruisers and gunships, and whether stronger ships get targeted first in mixed fleets (e.g. 10,000 gunships and 100,0000 explorers, do the gunships get targeted first or is damage distributed evenly.)
Sure, I'll start working on these things. Do you have the current known attrition rates? I have some, but not all and I'd like to compare the accuracy of mine vs. whatever someone else has. I'll try to launch a few fleets into your space today to test the alphabetical ordering theory.

I will also test, on planet, in space, and moving attrition rates to see if they are the same or not. I may put a lot of food in transports and see how that works for item attrition.
Sending fleet of mixed jump ships of most types to your indicated area for jump missile testing. Also, I have a lot of attrition rates. The on planet, in orbit, and moving attrition rates appear to be exactly the same (at least for Eldritch). Most (maybe all) jump ships is 1.2e-4/watch, organics is 4.8e-3/watch, durables is 1.6e-4/watch, trillum is 2.4e-5/watch, hexacarbide is 0.00e-4/watch.

Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by Aureo-Oreo » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:02 am

Finnian wrote::shock: there is a new empire named in a funny way, it is born 1 cycle ago and now has 26 wolds!
Well I found this guy in Alpha.
Attachments
20151201213541.png
20151201213541.png (47.88 KiB) Viewed 887 times
I took a calculated risk, but man, am I bad at math.

User avatar
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 466
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:17 am
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by catfighter » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:49 am

That's...terrifying to say the least. :shock: I hope not too many of these tiny empire-gods get a good start...
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."

User avatar
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 466
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:17 am
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Re: STARGAZER BULLETIN

Post by catfighter » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:12 am

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:An extra unit may be getting removed occasionally (or at random?) to allow small quantities to vanish completely.
This theory has been supported. I launched two identical fleets of 1000 helions (both in the same watch), even giving them the same name. Two watches later, a helion disappeared, but only in one of the fleets; it took another three watches for one to disappear out of the other fleet.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests