STARGAZER BULLETIN

General discussion for the game Anacreon
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

A random number generator may be involved somewhere. Would love to take a peek at some of the code.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I just now went thru the thread and got your message catfighter. I propose a trade. If you are rebuilding then take my sector caps in the northeast, and I will take your worlds in my large cluster to the south. I want to consolidate power there where Terran, Felor, and Finnian all meet together.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Past experience and rumors of your giving of "gifts" have made me a teensy bit paranoid, so I propose that this matter be ironed out in the Galactic Territory Exchange.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ive never given a "gift" to another player before. Are you thinking of the ROR?
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

In any case, a different arangement would be fine. Let me check out the thread you linked.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

The RoR does indeed give gifts, but I said "gifts". Certain rumors speak of an enormous empire(s) who was very insistent in giving "gift" planets to smaller empires only to annihilate them once the retaliation period was activated. Other rumors speak of the BORG destroying any small empire who refused to accept these "gifts". While I do not wish to unfairly condemn, I am just a teensy bit paranoid [/understatement] and am going to go with "better safe than sorry".
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

On this particular play thru, I have only attacked empires that attacked me first. There were several new empires who took a planet of mine without asking and didn't seem to know better.
However, I understand your position, and would probably do the same thing. I do have to say that you were the one who started the conversation by asking to take the sector caps I established in your old territory in the north east corner.
Last edited by WorldsStrongestNerd on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

You've also given me an idea. Until George makes changes to the game, one way to enforce diplomacy would be to have new empires attack a larger empire.
For example, lets say a trusted empire like the finnians wanted to start a new pact or UN type situation. Young empires who wanted to join would have to attack one of finn's worlds. That way, finninan would be able to resolve disputes between these small powers, since he would be able to attack any of them at will. Obviously this "enforcer" would have to be completely trustworthy, and finn is the only one I can think of. Even months later I'm still impressed by the role he played greeting new empires to the game and of course the barricades pact.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

A "moderator" empire could do the same thing. Say a one world empire upon which George would deposit millions of gorgos and jumpships. Of course we are a long way away from a solid user base and moderators and that sort of thing.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Moving the matter to the GTE was always my intention, but I thought it more likely to be seen here than there.

We have discussed appointing a moderator (very) briefly, but the retaliation period only lasts for 24 hours after the attack and George no longer seems willing to play God and mess with the server code to create a permanent one. Such a pact could work if membership to the group required a daily attack to renew the retaliation period and allow enforcement, though.

WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Wait, are you saying that in game right now, the retaliation period is 24h? Because I thought it never ended.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Yes, unfortunately. I have been unable to respond to several trolling attacks by little day-1 empires with rude capital names because I decided to take a short break from the game. :?

AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It looks like Archenar is the new Henry VIII, with brutal long ranged attacks.

He has just taken 13 of Henry's worlds, including trading posts and jumpship yards and destroyed all the space forces on his capital.

Make sure you defend your sector capitals and trading posts! :D
Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner

AdmiralZo wrote:It looks like Archenar is the new Henry VIII, with brutal long ranged attacks.

He has just taken 13 of Henry's worlds, including trading posts and jumpship yards and destroyed all the space forces on his capital.

Make sure you defend your sector capitals and trading posts! :D
I got bored about three weeks ago and I'm surprised it took anyone that long to attack me.

Yes I am Henry VIII, it was fun until the galaxy ran out of empires I can kill. Too bad no one got the joke. It was basically experimental empire building and the lack of defense is because I'm not willing to put in that much effort, hence the former starship doctrine.

Apologies to you, Hoa004 and RoR. :D
I took a calculated risk, but man, am I bad at math.
pirx
Miner
Miner

AdmiralZo wrote:It looks like Archenar is the new Henry VIII, with brutal long ranged attacks.
I think I was rather gentle compared to what Henry did three weeks ago to my previous empire when it was 5 cycles old.

Aureo-Oreo wrote: I got bored about three weeks ago and I'm surprised it took anyone that long to attack me.
You didn't have to rebuild your empire three weeks ago, but I will put your transports and infantry to some use.