What server do you play on?

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

As previously mentioned, what server do you play on?

The alpha or beta?

Post your IGN + Empire and the server it resides in below:
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

most everyone active on the forums is playing in the beta.

the alpha is live, and i believe is running the same code as beta. i'm not sure it's the same map though.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

6cef wrote:most everyone active on the forums is playing in the beta.

the alpha is live, and i believe is running the same code as beta. i'm not sure it's the same map though.
That's correct. Alpha is running the same code as beta, but a different map (one without nebulae). I keep it running almost entirely for sentimental reasons, and because there is no need to shut it down.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Wow, it should be wonderful organize a Alpha vs Beta war! But I know it's impossible
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Maybe, but maybe not. Would it be hard to copy/paste data and stick one map right next to the other? An inter-server war sounds awesome, and it would be a real challenge for us on beta. I mapped alpha and still check back every once in a while; it seems like less people play, so the ones who do are getting enormous. The many small against the few strong :D .

People still play on alpha, two of which I know personally in the real world, so it is definitely still active.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."