Freedom for the Finnians?

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Wise players,

I allways governed my people with justice but now I have an elevated risk of secession, I have expanded my empire too much and now my people wants to create new Finnian Nations as happened time ago to Lord Hoa00004.

What can I do? I have allways used the Law e Order doctrine.

Now, istinctively, I have decreased the numbers of my sector capital but maybe it was exactly the wrong thing to do.

Maybe early you will see a "Greater Realm of Finnian" or something like that...
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I've had an "elevated" risk of secession since the end of GalWar1. I first noticed it at elevated when I had 300+ capitals. Now that I have 10ish it's still elevated. Nothing bad so far. I think it must just be based on number of worlds owned.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Correct, it's like the British Empire.
It got too big and then it exploded. Something like that.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Wayward Device wrote:I've had an "elevated" risk of secession since the end of GalWar1. I first noticed it at elevated when I had 300+ capitals. Now that I have 10ish it's still elevated. Nothing bad so far. I think it must just be based on number of worlds owned.
It must be. I have about 350 worlds and my risk is "low", so it makes me wonder how empires like the old Human Imperium got away with controlling so many worlds. :? Do any elder players know how we can reduce the risk? Watch TV? Lord Scarran, if you're on?
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Now I understand why The ancient Aelion Empire collapsed
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

catfighter wrote:
Wayward Device wrote:I've had an "elevated" risk of secession since the end of GalWar1. I first noticed it at elevated when I had 300+ capitals. Now that I have 10ish it's still elevated. Nothing bad so far. I think it must just be based on number of worlds owned.
It must be. I have about 350 worlds and my risk is "low", so it makes me wonder how empires like the old Human Imperium got away with controlling so many worlds. :? Do any elder players know how we can reduce the risk? Watch TV? Lord Scarran, if you're on?
No idea. I've never had a secession. It might be giving the risk under most doctrines without accounting for L&O's special trait. Deletare conquered like 1/3 of all planets in the galaxy at one point without having secessions as far as I know.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

WorldsStrongestNerd (controller of the late Human Imperium) posted/boasted on the forums that he at one point conquered over 4000 out of the 5000 worlds in the galaxy. I suppose that mis-display of data makes sense, but if so, we'd better report it on the ministry. I'm unfamiliar with how to do so, so I'll leave to you.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Never mind. I tried on alpha, and risk of secession went to "low" without the L&O doctrine upon conquering the 60th world. I also think that it may be based on population, rather than number of worlds, but I'm not entirely sure.