Ship Speed

General discussion for the game Anacreon
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

I forgot which post, but I know that people were unsure of ship speeds in the combat screen and I'm setting out to find out exactly what's what. The first test was Stingers VS Adamants: the stingers (the inner fleets) moved down through orbits faster than adamants and therefore effectively also move forward faster.
Anacreon_ShipSpeed1(StingersFasterThanAdamants).jpg
Anacreon_ShipSpeed1(StingersFasterThanAdamants).jpg (8.97 KiB) Viewed 2932 times
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Did they have the same target? If one wing was going after satellites and the other after ground defenses it could have had an effect on delta-v, too. Ships don't always seem to use their maximum thrust when switching orbitals.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

One fleet of stingers targeted the hypersonic missile site, but all other fleets went after the satellites; they still moved at the speeds seen in the picture.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."