Surprised at lack of changes

General discussion for the game Anacreon
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I figured I would check back with the game to see how it has progressed and I am surprised to see very little is different. Is this game still in development?

EDIT [addendum]

Wow, the spiking resource requesting by planets trying to produce ship parts is still hanging around. I just had a jumpship parts planet request 1,866,352 trillum
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

starxplor wrote:Is this game still in development?
Yes

Remember that George has both Transcendence AND Anacreon to develop, plus plan for CSC America. Especially Transcendence because it got greenlit on Steam.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The issue pointed out by Sungslaver is that George is an indie developer. However, he doesn't have to stay as one and being an indie developer doesn't mean he cannot make a team composed of volunteers. Anacreon is the case where George could get help from. Yes. Transcendence is the flagship of Kronosaur Production; but what if Anacreon gets developed and gets sponsors(Kongregate, Armorgames, Newgrounds and etc.) or even patrons. That is what George needs to consider.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

In George we trust
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Finnian wrote:In George we trust
lol that's going to be my motto now. (if you'll let me shamelessly abuse it, of course :wink: )

Does anyone else know how to code? I'm beginning to teach myself the languages used by Anacreon, so I could work with others to develop the game if we got permission. I'm familiar with html, css and javascript (still learning), so it's just the c++ and/or whatever else it was that the server is supposed to use.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

catfighter wrote:
lol that's going to be my motto now. (if you'll let me shamelessly abuse it, of course :wink: )
 That’s amusing. Over on IRC, there are a number of us in the modding community for Transcendence whose motto is apparently, “Dammit, George!” ^.~ Don’t get me wrong. We love the man and his games, but sometimes the way he goes about things in his coding makes us want to find a brick wall to beat our heads against, heh.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
catfighter wrote:
 That’s amusing. Over on IRC, there are a number of us in the modding community for Transcendence whose motto is apparently, “Dammit, George!” ^.~ Don’t get me wrong. We love the man and his games, but sometimes the way he goes about things in his coding makes us want to find a brick wall to beat our heads against, heh.
One could say your motto applies to coders in general. :wink: I keep getting screamed at for never commenting in my code and I occasionally want to throw certain friends out the window for not understanding the concept of whitespace.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I know George does accept pull requests on Git, so feel free to dev!
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

catfighter wrote:

Does anyone else know how to code? I'm beginning to teach myself the languages used by Anacreon, so I could work with others to develop the game if we got permission. I'm familiar with html, css and javascript (still learning), so it's just the c++ and/or whatever else it was that the server is supposed to use.
I'm glad you like this motto! :D And count on me for betatesting your mods
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ttech wrote:I know George does accept pull requests on Git, so feel free to dev!
But Anacreon isn't on Github...?
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:
Ttech wrote:I know George does accept pull requests on Git, so feel free to dev!
But Anacreon isn't on Github...?
Pity, that, but it couldn't hurt to ask for a new repo. If you view page source while playing you'll have access to the javascript and graphics and I remember some other bit of server-side code being released at some point...

I could post all the javascript and stylesheets here if you wanted.

EDIT - I couldn't find the post, but I finally found the old API I downloaded from somewhere.
Anacreon API (beta 1).txt
(24.05 KiB) Downloaded 224 times