We Could Be Immortals...

General discussion for the game Anacreon
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

So I had an empire. And then someone killed me. And then I was an Immortal. :twisted:

While I had planned to keep it a secret, I will now reveal that I am the Compact of Species who grew so voraciously in Alpha. I was attacked by the nearby Povus empire, who abdicated shortly afterwards, but the damage was done. I have a partial control-radius bug centered around my old capital and suffer from the no-capital bug (I'm going to call it the decapitation error from now on). I'm going to beta test this condition, if Vajafeld, hoa0004, and Caeruleus are willing to help, to see if a capital can be regained. But once the testing is done...

I will declare when I'm through in this thread, but I think I rather like being an Immortal. As such, I plan to continue to roleplay the Compact to see if we can conquer...er, we mean, accept the lesser races with open arms into our glorious Compact. :twisted:
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner

catfighter wrote:So I had an empire. And then someone killed me. And then I was an Immortal. :twisted:

While I had planned to keep it a secret, I will now reveal that I am the Compact of Species who grew so voraciously in Alpha. I was attacked by the nearby Povus empire, who abdicated shortly afterwards, but the damage was done. I have a partial control-radius bug centered around my old capital and suffer from the no-capital bug (I'm going to call it the decapitation error from now on). I'm going to beta test this condition, if Vajafeld, hoa0004, and Caeruleus are willing to help, to see if a capital can be regained. But once the testing is done...

I will declare when I'm through in this thread, but I think I rather like being an Immortal. As such, I plan to continue to roleplay the Compact to see if we can conquer...er, we mean, accept the lesser races with open arms into our glorious Compact. :twisted:
I hope you are aware that without a capital I can't message you back because I can't.

Ugh, there will terms to negotiate, because I feel like it.
I took a calculated risk, but man, am I bad at math.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

It's a good thing they invented forum PMs, then, isn't it? :wink:
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'm going to beta test this condition, if Vajafeld, hoa0004, and Caeruleus are willing to help
Yes, I am willing to help. But does this mean that one of our capitals has to be conquered??

I don't think this bug happens all the time though. With my old empire in beta, my capital had been taken two times, by Celestia and Bismalia. Every single time I was able to get a new working capital.
Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner

catfighter wrote:It's a good thing they invented forum PMs, then, isn't it? :wink:
The thing is you never answer any of them when I messaged you before, so I'm hoping to shame you publicly into replying, which seem to work well so far.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Messaged me before, huh?

*goes to inbox* "Search Criteria: Author, Aureo-Oreo < Results: 0 messages" *goes to forum thread*

Messaged me before, huh?

Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm immortal too, but none of my leftover fleets had any ground forces on them when my empire was destroyed, so I can never reclaim any planets again.

My empire is damned to wander the galaxy for eternity, with only a couple of ghost fleets in its arsenal.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner

catfighter wrote:Messaged me before, huh?
Hmm... I might typed in the name wrong or something I guess.

Well if you'd answer the Hipchat thing I'd never have to go through that trouble, or this.
Last edited by Aureo-Oreo on Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aureo-Oreo
Miner
Miner

Xephyr wrote:I'm immortal too, but none of my leftover fleets had any ground forces on them when my empire was destroyed, so I can never reclaim any planets again.

My empire is damned to wander the galaxy for eternity, with only a couple of ghost fleets in its arsenal.
I feel like this glitch happened to so many people recently.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hmmm, I was just checking how my empire was going in alpha, and it seems someone has just taken my capital.

Now....I am also immortal!! :shock:

Seems like this bug is 'infecting' everyone.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

AdmiralZo wrote:
Hmmm, I was just checking how my empire was going in alpha, and it seems someone has just taken my capital.

Now....I am also immortal!! :shock:

Seems like this bug is 'infecting' everyone.
Oh, I was wondering where your capital had gone. :oops: I was so embarrassed because I thought I'd lost it...

It seems we are entering a new Era of Anacreon: the Era of Gods! Because living just wasn't good enough for the server; we all have to be immortal. Because a normal war just wasn't good enough; now we have to genocide each other to truly win one. :roll:

AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Oh, I was wondering where your capital had gone. :oops: I was so embarrassed because I thought I'd lost it...

It seems we are entering a new Era of Anacreon: the Era of Gods! Because living just wasn't good enough for the server; we all have to be immortal. Because a normal war just wasn't good enough; now we have to genocide each other to truly win one. :roll:
Ha ha.

I just realised something, if you take the independent world on which my capital was on, does that mean I can control your world?? :mrgreen:
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

That might be something worth testing seriously, as well as whether said world will suffer from that 5-watch-insta-rebel-thingy.

And btw, to all Immortals in the galaxy(ies) who wish to communicate ingame, send (explorer) fleets to a predesignated world and just rename them with your message. I'm going to try to contact Rus in beta like this, and I think it would be a bit faster than a thread post or PM for someone wanting quick game messaging with me or Hoa0004 for beta testing or general gameplay.

AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

That might be something worth testing seriously, as well as whether said world will suffer from that 5-watch-insta-rebel-thingy.

And btw, to all Immortals in the galaxy(ies) who wish to communicate ingame, send (explorer) fleets to a predesignated world and just rename them with your message. I'm going to try to contact Rus in beta like this, and I think it would be a bit faster than a thread post or PM for someone wanting quick game messaging with me or Hoa0004 for beta testing or general gameplay.
But the thing is, there is a limit for the length of name of a fleet. 32 letters I think.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Just send several. That's what I did to try to get a message to Rus.