George , we need a restart

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

this forum is a desert, last year was a good place where discuss with all the people of the galaxy. No more people, no more galaxy. We need a new life for the galaxy
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I think I'll throw my hat into the ring again. Is anybody else besides me and Finn here?
A restart would need to be anounced well in advance, otherwise the 3 or 4 people paying attention would gain a huge early advantage.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I pledge my sword to your noble cause.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

There is another way Finn..... some brave soul, some autistic lunatic with way too much free time...... could conquer the galaxy, then anounce a date they will be abdicating.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thats how games like Tribal Wars are won. They have servers, called "worlds" where players are put in control of "villages" that they upgrade. They recruit units, and then use them to clean and conquer other villages. Registration into the world stops when 50% of the spawned villages are conquered. The world ends when a "tribe" (a friendly group of players) is all that's left. Then they may break away and fight for singular domination of the world. When a world is near ending, they open another. 2-4 worlds can function actively at a time, with many more at closed registration.
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It'd throw in for an fresh server. The current galaxy is a bug filled grave full of phantom caps and ghost empires.
StarCrash
Anarchist
Anarchist

I vote as well for a restart, maybe even a new Map! But first some Bugs should be fixed, otherwise they will reappear soon enough.

- Capitol Reset: Apparently there is some major Bug regarding former Capitols of deceased Empires that revert themself to being independent as soon as the Player who previously owned that Capital creates a new Empire. More than once I have seen new Players had been kicked from their spawn Planets (and the Game) when their Planets reverted. This bug could count argueably a game breaker.

- Death Planets: This seems to be affecting a lot of Planets formerly belonging to Rus and Felor(?). Those Planets can no longer be accessed in Game.

- Various other Bugs regarding Capitols and the likes. See also: https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7638

PS: Hello Universe, this is my first post :mrgreen:
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

COWABUNGA!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I think everyone is in agreement. It's important to keep some interest in the game so that it doesn't die completely. Reset the maps and fix the no capital bug. No need for any major changes right now if George doesn't have the time. Just get it back to being playable while we wait for the next major update.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yes, please!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I asked George about restarting Anacreon last stream (Thursday ~4pm PST). I also pm'ed him and hopefully he'll look into it.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

RPC wrote:I asked George about restarting Anacreon last stream (Thursday ~4pm PST). I also pm'ed him and hopefully he'll look into it.
Thank you for doing this. I know he has previously said a fresh map would be pretty quick and easy for him to do, so hopefully we'll get that at a minimum. It's been too long since I waged war beyond imagining across unimaginable distances with the lives of trillions in the balance.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

If we had a restart, I think most of us will play again. Hopefully this time the galaxy will remain thriving and prosperous for millennia and not disintegrate into a dark, cold and lifeless void. :D
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

AdmiralZo wrote:If we had a restart, I think most of us will play again. Hopefully this time the galaxy will remain thriving and prosperous for millennia and not disintegrate into a dark, cold and lifeless void. :D
If we can just get a fix for the cap bug retention rates and pop would likely go way up. How many players have been lost because they were basically account locked by the cap bug and didn't know that they had to make a new account to get around it because they didn't read obscure threads on this forum?
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:D Am I late? Restart happened? Or not?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST