Anacreon Beta II Discussion Thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

josh19967, have you started a new empire in Beta II? If you haven't, would you be willing to do so even if you don't intend to play? Your former planets are still in the game with the display issues and fleets don't seem to be able to interact with them in any way, including to capture them.

I'm wondering whether you starting a new empire would clear away their Ontarion designation, actually give control of the planets back to you, or have no effect.
josh19967
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Maybe. I have a VERY low data cap on my internet so I can't actually play today (well, I could, but it's really, really slow)...

EDIT: I just tried it, didn't seem to have any effect. I got put next to several of my old planets O.o... for some reason I could still view the structures tab on those planets (they had structures but it didn't convey any useful information). Seems like, yeah, the planets are flagged as belonging to sovereign Ontarion, but since that self-destructed, the sovereign flag never got reset and now it's an invalid pointer? The planets are still valid destinations for fleets, though.

BTW I abdicated about 3 watches later.
I really don't care if I get my hair cut... *snip* NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Imperium of Man is under attack from bugzzzzzzz. Imperium has lost ~200 worlds, almost its entire jumpfleet, and its Partisan batteries. Barely an intact hub left anywhere. Bugzzzzzzz has so far only taken only minor casualties.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I assume that Bugzzzz can no longer get messages because he got 2 capitals and got caught up in the bug.
In any case, shall we call a truce or are we going for total destruction here?
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

If whoever is playing Bugzzzz comes into this thread, make sure you give a recap of your attack. I still don't know what the hell happened to my fleet. I can only assume you hit every sector capital at once and then plowed thru every one of my jumpyards in the span of 3 hours.

As for my counterattack, I was able to deal good damage with just 100,000 eldritch and a few thousand imperial guards. Make sure your hubs and sector caps are well defended. Redesignate unused sector caps that you wound up not needing, don't just let them sit there with no defenses.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

If whoever is playing Bugzzzz comes into this thread,
Unfortunately, Bugzzzzzzz has previously told me that he has tried multiple attempts to make a forums account. However, he cannot get through the security question - even though he has many combinations of EI500... :o
MDFification
Anarchist
Anarchist

WorldsStrongestNerd wrote:I assume that Bugzzzz can no longer get messages because he got 2 capitals and got caught up in the bug.
I received a message from Bugzzz a day or two back. It was gibberish, but I assume that was deliberate on their part.

From what I could see, the insectoid invasion was incredibly well coordinated. He didn't just hit your sector caps, he hit your trade hubs. I could only see a limited portion of the battlefield, but it was the attack on the trade hubs which caused the majority of worlds in the sectors I could see to revolt. Trade hubs make actually running your empire way easier, but it looks like they're a major disadvantage during wartime...

EDIT: Quick question. Should I lower my TLs on my consumer good autofacs to 6 instead of 7 to increase their net production? I can't seem to find any data on whether or not the total effective labour I'll get will increase/decrease with this, and if it's worth it anyway due to them not requiring luxuries... I might have to lower a lot of worlds TLs soon to avoid needing to conquer new autofacs, seeing as I'm upgrading to 9 on several worlds.
Pfardentrott
Anarchist
Anarchist

This is Ffard of Ffarden checking in. Formerly the leader of Zott, which was brutally wiped off the map by Krual, although that was probably my fault because I started it by taking one of their planets, thinking they were an inactive player. :)
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

If your consumer worlds are at 6 the don't produce luxeries. They don't require them but also can't produce them for other plantets. To build all the hab structures you generally have to be at level 8.
MDFification
Anarchist
Anarchist

I see, thanks! Also, good luck to Ffard.

The Sarnese Integration is currently limited in its industrial potential due to shortages of trillium and chronium, both of which can be resolved through colonization of the region surrounding Sille, once capital of its own prosperous empire before it was conquered by forces from Krual and the Sillean cluster was laid to waste. The second cluster of the Integration is under construction, and will exist properly by the end of the coming cycle. It is hoped that Kraul will see the value of ceding Sille, though if not the Integration has no intention of taking that specific world by force. However, the Sillean cluster will be integrated regardless.

EDIT: Wow, really, Trask? I ask if you want to gift me a world you're not using, assure you I won't take it if you say no, so you destroy my empire? Not even an attempt to talk to me, nope, just wipe me off the board with one cheeky bumrush to my capital while my fleets are out pacifying rebellions. That's a weeks worth of play down the tubes, for the third week running. I'll take comfort in knowing that someone's going to pay you back one day, seeing as you have no neighbours who aren't threatened by you left.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

MDFification wrote: EDIT: Wow, really, Trask? I ask if you want to gift me a world you're not using, assure you I won't take it if you say no, so you destroy my empire?
Seems to me like openly declaring expansion into someone else's borders is just inviting trouble.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I got a very long message from bugzzzzzz which he asked me to post on the forums. I'll do it, but I told him to try again to get a forums account because I don't want to transcribe any more long messages like this

bugzzzzzzz wrote:Greetings Emperors,

I apologize for all the worlds left behind in the North, not part of the plan.

To let all know the workings of the greatest empire in the game as of 4130, I will answer some of your questions a few more unasked things.

It was Human Imperium that was commenting on how easily he took all those worlds and that i should not have made the capitals and hubs defenseless. It's fine, none of them were defended except for the Imperial Guards being made on the sector caps. However, I designed my empire to take the blunt of a full scale war and be able to loose about 90% of my worlds and still survive. (I thought something like that was going on)Consolidating your forces on and regular monitoring of your empire will go a long way when it comes to this game.

What happened to Human's jumpfleet is about the same as happened to the one in the North (sorry I'm bad with names). (he is talking about Ontarion here) I took sector capitals that were on the low end of being reinforced but were close to places that had massive amounts of jumpships. I captured 2 million Jumpships that way from the north and 650K from Humans that way. 650k at a time. Mistakes brother. Then I just used your guys own fleets against you. Another blinding error was leaving ALL of your transports unprotected or 100's of thousands on with very little defenses. The Warphants I kept, the Reliace's I sold. The way I fought was to use my entire ground force that I could muster, about 1.1 Million Warphants at the time, and captured whatever ground forces survived, keeptng them and using them against your own foces, replenishing my fleets as I attacked you. Also I time my fleet movements to reach your worlds and overwhelm your forces. I use massive amounts of helions and vanguards to make sure I can see the battle field as it unfolds. I refresh my browser frequently to make sure i can see your movements and i track the guidelines of your fleets. The jumpmissiles are hit and miss, but I am online enough and there are enough of the jumpmissiles to usually catch someone somenwhere, since the battles last for so many hours. As far as Human Imperiums hubs go, I only took your capital Hub on purpose, I either captured the hubs by defections or they ended up goin into civil war. Civil War is how you lost all thos Gorgos and about 1 million Eldritch. The rest of your fleeet was annihilated 500k-650k at a time by my fleet witch ranged from 2.9 Million at it's lowest to 4.1 Million at it's hight, that was after I capture 650K Eldritch. Huamn Imperium's E. Fleet didn't defect the way the guy up North did I used a combination of 50K Armored Infantry Brigades and 800K Imperial Guards to capture all your Armored Infantry. 100K ground force is pretty strong.

If you have read it this far, thank you. you all have made my life for the past year a little lesss bording as I climbed the ranks from a feledgling to a conquering powerhouse that commands the stars. I hope you guys have enjoyed the confusion and insantify of the past 2 weeks that I have wrecked on this galaxy and promise one last surprise after my war with Human Imperium is over. It will be your worth while I promise.
So one issue that this raises is that the game is radically slanted in favor of people who are wiling to devote a lot of time to micromanaging battles and that big, inefficient meshnet empires are pretty hard to knockout as long as they keep consolidating their jumpship fleets out of harm's way.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I attacked bugzzzzzzz and he got hit by the no-capital bug...
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Eh I deserved it. I've been outta town and havn't reinforced or even checked in for about 2 weeks.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:o I just lost a sector capital and several worlds to succession, forming the hoa0004 republic.

I didn't know they still occur when your doctrine is law and order...