Anacreon Beta II Discussion Thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It's all better now. I ended up clearing all my browsing history which fixed it. :D

That said, another 20 cycles has passed (4191-4211). During this period many major events have occurred.

We saw the war between Imperium and the Guild of the Western Enclave (Dath and hoa0004). The GWE started it off with a strike on Hand. Hand didn't put up much of a fight, but it's ally Imperium came to the rescue, resulting in the surrender of the GWE.

The GWE are slowly recovering from the war, but Hand's forces are withering away.

A new empire, the Rathari is growing at a quick rate. Despite being situated in a tight area between hoa0004, Dath and the great nebula, the Rathari is showing great potential and will therefore be tracked in the next period.

Lastly, we saw the abdication of the mighty Imperium, freeing up hundreds of worlds in the south. Despite all these fresh worlds, we have not seen the land grab that was expected.

Also, the Hexacarbide Brotherhood seems to have expanded. Who wouldn't agree, they have been the most stable empire. Being 186 cycles old, they have withstood the test of time, neither affected by war or neglect.
Attachments
Graph1.jpg
Graph1.jpg (249.08 KiB) Viewed 10282 times
Graph2.jpg
Graph2.jpg (253.74 KiB) Viewed 10282 times
Last edited by AdmiralZo on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:shock: ! Hand abdicated too ! Poor galaxy!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hand abdicated too ! Poor galaxy!
We've reached a new era in the galaxy. All the large empires are wiped out, only small ones remain.

In my last post, I mentioned the Hexacarbide Brotherhood is 132 cycles old. They are actually 187 cycles old. :D
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Lord Newbie TOO! They all leaved! :[
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Since everyone abdicated, I claim victory in the name of the GWE. This victory is non-disputed as the losers abdicated, read forfeit.

To clear one thing up, Imperium never attacked my fortified worlds, so his "victory" wasn't really note worthy.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The Mesophone Traders Union has staged an attack on one of my planets. I witnessed it. 20 Vangaurds, 20 Relient Transports, 20 Infantry; has anyone else had this experience before?

I remember in the forum there was a discussion about Mesophone capturing planets possibly. Mesphone is an active empire.

Also, somehow the Imyrr Empire has regained a capital after someone had taken it. This empire is long known to be inactively active for the entire length of the game.

Thoughts?
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:shock: !!! whoa!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote: Helion and Vanguard explorers - Vanguards are not really a combat unit but they are cheap to build and are neccessary for mapping the galaxy in the early game. Helions are by far the fastest unit in the game and are as strong as a Stinger but cheaper (they do lack missile defense, though). Some players like to use them offensively, and why not- they don't require any components, so you can field a really huge number of them. This tactic may actually be effective against Starfrigates but I'm not really sure.
How well they do against starfrigates depends on where the group spawns. An exploit is to retreat and attack until they spawn close to the starfrigates. The exact formula for the number of Helions needed to win against 1 Gorgos at shooting range is the process numHelions+1 until GorgosHP/HelionDmg is exceeded. See sigma notation. So 25 + whatever extra is needed to get into range is where Helions win the battle. Using your industry numbers the even point would be 47 = (7020+res)/(150+res). My old video shows that some vanguards start shooting at approximately 35 in the hole. If the attacker was using the Helions and could fiddle with the orbit insertion, it might be a win.
--Imperator-- wrote:Regardless of all these issues, I recognise this is still in Beta and has much potential. The idea is very unique and definitely could attract many players, if done right. I'm extremely supportive of indie games and I'll be coming back in a year or so if/when the next release is available. Hopefully many changes will be forthcoming.
Sadly, I just restarted and can't see any difference since 2 years ago.
--Imperator-- wrote:Now even Gorgos defenses are useless. This is how: An attacker assembles 2 hosts, an intercepting Helion fleet several million strong: the "shield", and the other more powerful main fleet of Eldritch/Minotaur: the "hammer". The shield is sent to the target world first. It remains in orbit until the hammer is one jump away from arriving at the target, then the attack command is issued in the last 2-3 seconds of the watch/minute.
You don't need millions. You only need a few hundred explorer ships in fleets of 1 ship each. Then you would have near zero casualties in those because each defense group would kill only 1 ship at a time. I destroyed an empire twice the size of mine in B1 with a simultaneous strike on all of his sector capitals with only stingers screened like so. I lost a total of a few hundred ships - actually increased my fleet size quite a deal from the defections. It took about 3 hours including to park the fleets just outside his scan range and split them enough times. He logged in near the end of the decimation and sent his Eldritch fleet. I also had those hundreds of 1 ship fleets on defense, so the same thing would happen to an attacker. I also exploited by instantly re-attacking his eldritch fleet with my stingers every time he clicked retreat. You can basically just use the 1 ship fleet exploit to win everything regardless of numerical odds. If you had enough years left in your life span to click deploy enough times, even a new empire fresh off the boat could probably take every planet of every empire lacking sufficient ground troops. E.g., 10,000 Adamants could take out those 300k Gorgos in 900 shot turns (300,000*1200/40,000), so you would need 900 1 vanguard fleets plus a few to close range. Re-targeting order is nearest. The Adamants could still get unlucky. But make no mistake. You are not safe from anyone. Number of ships means little in Exploiteon. Only number of fleets and ground troops matters.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Welcome back, CaleyM! I'm not playing actively right now but I remember the methodical approach you took to understanding the game. There has been a lot of progress into documenting bugs (on the Ministry page) and into understanding how the game works since you were playing actively, but no updates- as far as I can tell the game may never be updated.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:as far as I can tell the game may never be updated.
Well I wouldn't go quite that far. Anacreon has always had a sporadic update cycle. The time between the 1.0 and 2.0 releases was about 15 years.

Though I agree it isn't that promising to compare our three year wait to a fifteen year wait... I'm sure that development will be picked back up eventually.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I just remembered another exploit while I was trying to get 1 Gorgos to an orbit out of range of HM at an independent. If you start an attack, set the orbit low, then retreat, the ships will dive unmolested. You can resume the attack when they are under the satellites and in range of whatever would have got first strike at range. So you can completely bypass the range of starfrigates if you have the initiative.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:shock: I am really impressed by this wisdom. But how long can survive the 1 fleets before they dissolve?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Clearing a planet defended by 5500 Gorgos with 1700 Gorgos and 1 ship screen fleets:
1&2: vanguards got eaten by GDM.
3: used stingers instead and split the Gorgos a few times.

Using GDMs helps prevent landing transports and capturing all of the defenses instead of destroying them.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I just noticed the names of the fleets at my capital Voltanis. :wink: I am Ashes of Aelion.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

In the past twenty cycles (4213-4233) we saw the rise of the Ashes of Aelion empire. Other than that, it has been pretty quiet.
Attachments
Eldritch+Gorgos.jpg
Eldritch+Gorgos.jpg (248.99 KiB) Viewed 9949 times
Helion+Minotaur.jpg
Helion+Minotaur.jpg (253.98 KiB) Viewed 9949 times
IG+worlds.jpg
IG+worlds.jpg (249.66 KiB) Viewed 9949 times