Anacreon Beta II Discussion Thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I poked at George at the end of the last Twitch stream to come take a peek in here, and Xeph mentioned the no-capital-bug and the game’s slow degradation into unplayability. I might make that my weekly habit on Thursday’s post-game wrap-up, telling him to look into at least fixing the most glaring bugs in Anacreon.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

yay :D
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

So "When are you gonna look at Anacreon?" is gonna be the new "How's Part II doing?". I can get on board with that.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Finnian wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:05 pm
Now I have started a rebellion in the old capital . It will return autonomous in few hours. I hope it can help :?
HAD TO ABDICATE IF I DIDN'T WOULD HAVE POSSIBLE CREATING A GHOST EMPIRE.
NH620
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The Mighty Dath declared war and the Galaxy crumbled to ashes. That is the nature of...... THE WAR.

The Bug King
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:D absolutely great
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Reac
Anarchist
Anarchist

TheBugKing wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:31 am
The Mighty Dath declared war and the Galaxy crumbled to ashes. That is the nature of...... THE WAR.

The Bug King
Hi there,

Sephir Empire here... :)

Is that what happened* to my worlds? I ask because I lost half my key planets but all are independent... including my isolated capital. Wierdest thing is that I don´t have a single notification on any of the lost worlds (nor the capital). Just logged in (after a couple weeks) and appeared in one of my clusters.

Not an issue at all... its just that it seems wierd that there's no capture on any of my planets nor messages of rebellion... I had all my network with happy status, more than enough supplies in all of them, and not a single world was above the required level to activate one of the autofac bugs mentioned here. Even by loosing my trade networks (two by cluster), my remaining worlds are happy.

Any way, how it went with your war? Haven't been able to reaaaally take a look at the galaxy.

Best regards,

*Edit: Happened
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well let's see: everybody died except for yourself and Hoa0004 because I simply ran out of time. I ended up advocating in order to free up even more worlds. Attacking everyone sort of put my entire empire into rebellion, looked pretty awesome. I went from 550 worlds to 150 in about 3 hours. I left the majority of my forces on Earth-like worlds, so hopefully someone can have with them instead of them taking 6 months to attrition.

All in all it was pretty fun and maybe I will be back, but the galaxy was just too peaceful for my taste. The whole reason for the war was a snowball effect. I blockaded Cornet in the hopes that he would become an active player, attacked him and nothing happened. But since my enitre empire rebelled I thought there was no loss in attacking everyone else too XD. ...and the Galaxy was washed anew...

I'll come back eventually, but no one will know it until it's too late...........
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Someone have explored the totality of the galaxy? What about the New Empires? Someone is able to pubblish a bullettin about the general situation?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

So... was playing EP and found this on the load screen:
2017-02-19.jpg
2017-02-19.jpg (92.4 KiB) Viewed 7460 times
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

could Lord H04 edit a galactic newspaper about the actual state of the Galaxy? I think he is the only one with the total view of the map after the bug king war
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

could Lord H04 edit a galactic newspaper about the actual state of the Galaxy? I think he is the only one with the total view of the map after the bug king war

Umm, there's not much to say, since a haven't logged in for almost a month. I'm not even sure what happened during the war.. :oops:

All I can see is that there are three other empires (Saxophon Traders, Southland and Klingon) each with about 50 worlds. As usual, the galaxy is also littered with those one-world empires.

There are hundreds of free worlds along the western border and in the centre of the galaxy.

EDIT: Finnian, did you abdicate or were you destroyed by the Bug King??
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Bug King destroyed all except your empire cause he was out of time [ his empire totally collapsed for the internal rebellions] :mrgreen: In my opinion one of the greatest actions in the online history of the galaxy :D
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ah, so that's what happened..
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The guide has been revised somewhat to reflect the new jump beacon system and ship rebalancing.