Anacreon Beta II Discussion Thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:D I knew
CaleyM wrote:I just noticed the names of the fleets at my capital Voltanis. :wink: I am Ashes of Aelion.
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Citadels and some tactics concerning them.
Maybe someone can figure out how to actually use them effectively?

Single planetary citadel's are actually quite useless.

Citadels will auto-fire on any force attacking a world within their range, however, since most people use Million+ strong Eldritch fleets the Eldritch shoot down the missiles barrage while parked on a world(missile defense system). The only way to catch those fleets is when they are in route to their destination.

This poses a problem that can be solved by grouping citadels into clusters that can mutually defend large areas.

However, a secondary problem with exists where you must be active whenever another player attacks in the initial stage. This is very rare, most people cannot be online that often, and to be honest, we track each others logins and attack when we think they are not online!

A bug exists that effectively allows you to blockade missiles, it may not be a bug though. Parking any sized fleet on a citadel world hides the missile button, this may be countered by space force defenses, Gorgos is probably best, but not world defenses. Imperium showed a very effective strategy against heavily clustered areas of citadels is to use a cascade of Helions to have a constant flow being added to the citadel worlds while moving forces are in route. This was impossible to defeat and I could not use my missiles while he moved around. Although at the time there were no defenses on the worlds, as mentioned above, space forces on world would diminish the Helion Cascade's affect.

I'm not as meticulous as you others, but I did notice that roughly 25K jump-missiles will destroy roughly 300K Eldritch in-flight. So there does seem to be some large degree of "splash" that I've read about other players wanting concerning jump-missiles.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

::AWARENESS MESSAGE:: -"No Capital Bug"- ::AWARENESS MESSAGE::

I've noticed there seems to be an increasing number of returning old players, and a few brand new Newbies, who may have the capability to gain large empires. A warning for the next time war erupts within the galaxy. If someone is affected by the "No Capital Bug" you MUST abdicate or wait for your capital to return. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT attack your old capital as it will put every world you posses into a sort of zombie limbo. The North is rife with a large ghost empire, I'm sure everyone has noticed it.

When in war, do not attempt to trick your opponent to recapture their old capital world if they have the bug, this will only add to the degradation of our game. As a courtesy, perhaps put up warning names or warning fleets to notify them not to attack. So that we may preserve what worlds are left.

Watch Tv has done a good job at documenting many of the bugs and also this one. Of all of the bugs that are apart of this game, this is the most serious, new and returning players need to be aware of it and how to prevent it.

::::For those who may have the ability to kill this bug::::

I wonder though if a weakness in the bug can be found by one of you smarter players? There is an unknown time frame that exists where the Capital will return to the affected player and the bug will be gone. Also, occasionally one may posses multiple capitals of different Doctrines. The bug seems to be one where (when the old capital world is bugged and the owner recaptures it, from independent or a player) the game searches for a new capital and attempts to kill the empire, thus the empire becomes locked into limbo. There are earlier discussions of this bug earlier in the thread one could read on.

Good Luck! Don't Kill our game!!
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

There is a way to regain your capital if you suffer the bug. In Anacreon Alpha I managed to get a new capital but I forgot exactly how to do it.

It is either, you take your old capital back, then someone else takes it...or the other way around
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

That is what leads to the ghost empire. Someone captures the Capital world, the bugged empire recaptures it and his empire is turned into the ghost empire.

This happened to me in beta 1 and what happened in the North.

Somehow when Imperium was attacking me I had the bug, but regained my capital. The tiny Imryrr Empire in the far Southeast corner had this happen to them as well. It had no capital for about a month and then reappeared.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I do have a question. Why did George just ditch Anacreon for Transcendence? For myself, Anacreon is a way better game even with all the bugs.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Looks like Seekers went and abdicated. Good playing with you. You made a good empire, too bad you never decided to use it.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

OK NOT YELLING I LIKE CAPS. HEX BROTHERHOOD ATTACK ME AND I HAVE ACCESS TO MESSAGING ON HIS EMPIRE AND MINE, BUT I HAVE NO CAPITAL AND ALL PLANETS HAVE ACCESS TO EMPIRE BUTTON. STUCK IN NO CAPITAL BUG FOR NOW I THINK. THE CAPITAL I THINK STARTED THIS HIS A WARNING FLEET AND 508 FLEET I MAY NEED TO TAKE BACK, BUT HE HAS NOT ANSWERED MY MESSAGES. I'M ALREADY STUCK IN BETA 1 DON'T WANT TO BE OUT OF BETA 2 ALSO. WHAT DO I DO???????
NH620
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

TheBugKing wrote:::AWARENESS MESSAGE:: -"No Capital Bug"- ::AWARENESS MESSAGE::

I've noticed there seems to be an increasing number of returning old players, and a few brand new Newbies, who may have the capability to gain large empires. A warning for the next time war erupts within the galaxy. If someone is affected by the "No Capital Bug" you MUST abdicate or wait for your capital to return. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT attack your old capital as it will put every world you posses into a sort of zombie limbo. The North is rife with a large ghost empire, I'm sure everyone has noticed it.

When in war, do not attempt to trick your opponent to recapture their old capital world if they have the bug, this will only add to the degradation of our game. As a courtesy, perhaps put up warning names or warning fleets to notify them not to attack. So that we may preserve what worlds are left.

Watch Tv has done a good job at documenting many of the bugs and also this one. Of all of the bugs that are apart of this game, this is the most serious, new and returning players need to be aware of it and how to prevent it.

::::For those who may have the ability to kill this bug::::

I wonder though if a weakness in the bug can be found by one of you smarter players? There is an unknown time frame that exists where the Capital will return to the affected player and the bug will be gone. Also, occasionally one may posses multiple capitals of different Doctrines. The bug seems to be one where (when the old capital world is bugged and the owner recaptures it, from independent or a player) the game searches for a new capital and attempts to kill the empire, thus the empire becomes locked into limbo. There are earlier discussions of this bug earlier in the thread one could read on.

Good Luck! Don't Kill our game!!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NH620
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The galaxy stands in awe of the Hexacarbide Brotherhood's only war..ever. Congratulations in your smashing defeat of Newbie. Newbie, I'm glad you could weasel your way out of that one. I think we would have had to abandon the north if you would have lost all those wars. Really that bug will be the death of this game.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:( guys, it is only me or we have a new forum outfit? .. it is really bad
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:56 am
OK NOT YELLING I LIKE CAPS. HEX BROTHERHOOD ATTACK ME AND I HAVE ACCESS TO MESSAGING ON HIS EMPIRE AND MINE, BUT I HAVE NO CAPITAL AND ALL PLANETS HAVE ACCESS TO EMPIRE BUTTON. STUCK IN NO CAPITAL BUG FOR NOW I THINK. THE CAPITAL I THINK STARTED THIS HIS A WARNING FLEET AND 508 FLEET I MAY NEED TO TAKE BACK, BUT HE HAS NOT ANSWERED MY MESSAGES. I'M ALREADY STUCK IN BETA 1 DON'T WANT TO BE OUT OF BETA 2 ALSO. WHAT DO I DO???????
:( sorry , I was unable to answer ingame. I will transport away all my troops from your old capital. I was sure it wasn't your last capital
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Now I have started a rebellion in the old capital . It will return autonomous in few hours. I hope it can help :?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Dr0cto
Anarchist
Anarchist

TheBugKing wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:53 pm
I do have a question. Why did George just ditch Anacreon for Transcendence? For myself, Anacreon is a way better game even with all the bugs.
I haven't played in forever so it's good to see that the game has been updated since I last played. But that update seems to have been a while ago, and I can't find much of anything on the future of anacreon either? Does anyone else have any ideas on the status of Anacreon's development?
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Dr0cto wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:03 pm
Does anyone else have any ideas on the status of Anacreon's development?
George's priority for 2017, he's said, is finishing Part 2 of the Domina and Oracus campaign for Transcendence. Unfortunately Anacreon is on the back burner.

It's difficult to commit development to a schedule (and in the past, said schedules have always been ambitious) but at the very earliest Anacreon will have to wait for Part 2 to be closer to completion. I don't think its been abandoned, but Anacreon has a long history of long waits between updates.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.