POLL: Features to implement first next release?

General discussion for the game Anacreon

POLL: Features to implement first next release?

Diplomacy system
8%
Messaging/event log system
62%
Doctrines improvement
15%
Tech level changes
No votes
Additional fleet orders
No votes
Jumpship rebalance
15%
Missiles rebalance
No votes
Better citadels
No votes
New graphics
No votes

Total votes: 13
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Aside from the major fixes e.g. for the no-capital, graviton launcher, opportunity fire and repeating messages bugs, what features/alterations/re-balances would everyone else like to see in the next Beta 3 release (whenever it arrives)? Of course, all of the suggestions in this poll we would like to see happen at some point, but which should be implemented first or given priority?
  • Diplomacy system: allow for better cooperation between empires, and changing of map colors based on diplomatic status (ally, neutral etc)
    Messaging/event log system: more efficient display of empire messages and planetary events (shortages, civil wars etc) to avoid clutter
    Doctrines improvement: ensure other doctrines apart from L&O are viable for players, by granting unique advantages or new elite units
    Tech level changes: balance production/consumption for low TL worlds so that a low tech empire can reasonably compete with a high tech one, e.g. via overwhelming numbers of weaker units vs. smaller numbers of high tech powerful units.
    Additional fleet orders: allow players to command fleets to blockade worlds, fire on transports, have standing orders to perform some action when arriving at their destination.
    Jumpship rebalance: make jumpships less overpowered with first-strike capability, or increase efficiency of planetary defenses
    Missiles rebalance: make missiles more powerful by reducing the efficiency of missile defense, or allowing excess damage to splash between targets
    Better citadels: allow jumpmissiles to be transported between worlds, autofire on command, or even have citadels build new special infantry units
    New graphics: fill in placeholders for ships, troops and defenses with fancy new images! I'm sure we all want to see what a Gorgos looks like... Also, new fleet icons for explorers, transports and gunships

Cast a vote with this poll, or comment with your own ideas! I'm voting for a better diplomacy system :mrgreen:
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I voted the messaging/ log system. If you have a large empire then dealing with messages is almost game breaking.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Agreed, and what in the world is with not being able to click on the message alerts to get rid of them..... that is almost hateful.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I want the ''donation feature''. In trade mode I want to be able to donate aes and merchandise
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

And when I buy many ships I want to buy them in only 1 transaction and not in 10000 :cry:
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

I definitely agree with Finnian, it's a royal pain trying to buy decent defenses off of Mesophon.

But those messages... Especially on a dieing world that takes over a day to finally break away... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

But those messages... Especially on a dieing world that takes over a day to finally break away...
Yeah, I kinda know what you mean......
Attachments
Insane.png
Insane.png (250.75 KiB) Viewed 6477 times