You're not forgotten

General discussion for the game Anacreon
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

As you know, I'm spending most of my time on Transcendence right now, mostly because it's the only game that makes the company money. But Anacreon is still close to my heart and I think it has better long-term potential (because it's multiplayer).

I'm going to be releasing Transcendence 1.7 in the next few weeks, and after that I want to spend a couple of weeks fixing some of the major Anacreon bugs. I know that's not a lot of time, but I hope it can fix some of the most annoying problems.

I'm going to go through the bugs on Ministry, but I'd appreciate it if people can point to the bugs they would most like to have fixed. Respond to this thread with some links to Ministry.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This is great news! A while back I ranked top bugs with links in a master list. The ghost empire/no capital bug, the graviton launcher overflow bug, and alert message stacking are all pernicious bugs that everyone runs into and gets frustrated by. Since I wrote that master list, I have become aware of the fleet capture bug, which is very exploitable, and CaleyM has a good description of another glaring exploit involving high fleet counts.

I think most people get that Transcendence takes top priority.
gc2
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Wooo, nice
No capital and graviton launcher overflow are definitely the top ones
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Also fleets don't seem to use opportunity fire, which may be a regression from Alpha 4.

A little further down from CaleyM's post about high fleet counts is a description of another exploit where attackers can bypass defenses by declaring an attack, cancelling, waiting for the attacker to finish their orbital movement, and then redeclaring. It's not on ministry but there does seem to be a whole category of combat exploits involving manipulation of when combat starts and stops.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It's so good to hear from George!!! Thanks for the fantastic game and not forgetting about us humble folk.

My suggestion, personally, if only one or two bugs can be fixed: they must be the No Capital Bug and the Alert Message system. The NCB threatens to end the game, while the AM makes you want to never play again at all.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Great news, thank you! As a newcomer to Anacreon from Transcendence I feared development was on the back burner, but apparently that's changing soon. The game definitely has potential, and could possibly be monetised via expansions similar to Trans (also can't wait for Part 2 on that!) *excitement intensifies*
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

--Imperator-- wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:58 am
Great news, thank you! As a newcomer to Anacreon from Transcendence I feared development was on the back burner, but apparently that's changing soon. The game definitely has potential, and could possibly be monetised via expansions similar to Trans (also can't wait for Part 2 on that!) *excitement intensifies*
I don't want to overpromise. I think it's still fair to say that Anacreon development is on the back burner relative to Transcendence.

But let's just say the burner is still on. I will fix some of the most important bugs in a few weeks, but after that, I need to get back to Transcendence Part 2. Once Part 2 is completed and shipped I will work on Anacreon more.

I'm glad to hear you feel Anacreon has potential--I totally agree!
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I love Anacreon

Please, create a button to Deploy ALL and to Sell ALL with one click!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

One annoying part of combat that I have noticed is that fleets do not follow orders very well when in combat. I can micromanage small fleets into victory, but sometimes orders are not processed in time or the game thinks I do not have enough forces and does not allow me to fight(auto-retreat) This is very annoying as combat does not consist of just forces. While I realize some players don't want to need to micromanage, I particularly enjoy it, makes this game feel a little more close and not so "long term distant because it takes 3 months to do stuff" haha. I'm not sure how complicated those things are in coding, but.. perhaps just delete the auto-retreat?
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.