capital world tech levels

General discussion for the game Anacreon
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Can capital worlds no longer have their tech level raised by a foundation world of higher level? More specifically, in the past, a capital raised by structures could be told to import levels to maintain the current level, even after destroying the structures, thus saving a few percent of production for other things.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I changed this in the latest build.

Since the capital's tech level determines the foundation's minimum tech level, I thought it was too powerful to have foundations raise the capital's tech level in turn.

High-tech empires are already a little overpowered, and this is one minor step to compensate. At some point I'll introduce the Science & Technology doctrine, which will probably come with a tech level boost for the capital.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

My foundation is regressing back to TL 5 right now, even though my capital is naturally TL9. Is this intentional? Oddly, it still seems to be uplifting to TL9 but it's not able to form new trade routes that uplift above its current TL.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:24 pm
My foundation is regressing back to TL 5 right now, even though my capital is naturally TL9. Is this intentional? Oddly, it still seems to be uplifting to TL9 but it's not able to form new trade routes that uplift above its current TL.
Ugh--yeah, I see the bug. Sorry about that. I'll fix it.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

george moromisato wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:11 pm
Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:24 pm
Ugh--yeah, I see the bug. Sorry about that. I'll fix it.
OK, I think I've fixed it. Let me know.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The foundation went back up to TL9 after the reset.