Era 3 done

General discussion for the game Anacreon
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I'm sorry to say that my allotted time to fix Anacreon bugs has come to an end. I didn't get to fix everything I wanted, but I think we fixed and balanced a lot of good issues.

I did manage to add a dialog box to choose a fleet to transfer to. This fixes the problem of not being able to combine fleets when over a hostile world. Check it out.

Here is the complete list of fixes (all of which are now deployed): https://ministry.kronosaur.com/program. ... osed&tag=7

Over the next few days and weeks, I'm sure you'll have more tweaks to the ship stats. Please put together a reasonable consensus list of stats changes and I'll apply them.

Maybe once we reach a reasonable balance on the ships we can start a new map.

Every time I get back to Anacreon I get excited all over again about its potential. It's been great working on it again. As I said earlier, Transcendence is still my first priority. But I probably can take 1-2 weeks in the fall to fix more Anacreon bugs (Era 4). Once Transcendence's Part II is released (hopefully this December), I'll have more time for Anacreon.

Thanks to everyone who helped with feedback and testing. I want to especially thank Imperator, who put together the new ship stats, and Watch TV, Do Nothing, who has single-handedly reported most Anacreon bugs.
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Wow, this is great news! Thank you for putting in lots of your hard work (and limited time) into the game George, I'm sure everyone here appreciates it!

We still have one issue: selecting an enemy jumpfleet shows the jump radii of the players own jumpbeacons. It shouldn't show anything at all, or show the jump radii of the enemy's beacons. Please, if you could take 15-20 mins to fix this last thing we would be very grateful...

I think we can all playtest for a week and see how the new changes stack up, then start Beta 3. So far, everything is looking good except for hypersonic missiles (see other thread).

Will each "Era" or update be accompanied by a new map, or will there be one single persistent universe to play with? Considering the map can't be "ruined" by ghost empires anymore, in future we can have a handful of persistent maps with different scenarios, all being restarted after some lengthy period of time (1 year?)
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

--Imperator-- wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:13 am
Wow, this is great news! Thank you for putting in lots of your hard work (and limited time) into the game George, I'm sure everyone here appreciates it!

We still have one issue: selecting an enemy jumpfleet shows the jump radii of the players own jumpbeacons. It shouldn't show anything at all, or show the jump radii of the enemy's beacons. Please, if you could take 15-20 mins to fix this last thing we would be very grateful...

I think we can all playtest for a week and see how the new changes stack up, then start Beta 3. So far, everything is looking good except for hypersonic missiles (see other thread).

Will each "Era" or update be accompanied by a new map, or will there be one single persistent universe to play with? Considering the map can't be "ruined" by ghost empires anymore, in future we can have a handful of persistent maps with different scenarios, all being restarted after some lengthy period of time (1 year?)
Great to hear! Thanks!

I can fix the enemy jumpfleet UI issue. Shouldn't be too hard.

I do expect to keep a few persistent universes, rather than introducing a new universe every era.