Galaxy loading error

General discussion for the game Anacreon
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

When trying to load the game, this error shows up:
ERROR: Cannot send message to address: Anacreon.command.

It started a couple hours ago? Maybe a few hours, not sure on timing at this point.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I am seeing this error as well (from mobile, travelling and can't verify from a normal connection)
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I am having the same problem. My oper. sys. is win 10 edge browser. I don't know if this info helps or not.
NH620
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah, same here on Chrome Win 10
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I have used Firefox of different versions on both Win7 and Linux. I do not think it is a browser issue but a back end server issue.
This is what the server actually returns when trying to call getGameInfo:
["AEON2011:hexeError:v1", (a bunch of junk that I don't know if it is user specific so I removed for security), "Error.unableToComply", "Cannot send message to address: Anacreon.command."]
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Error Message still up, no change.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I posted a Ministry ticket. This may have to do with the Rackspace issue that took the forums down a couple days ago.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

So... what is Rackspace? Is that like the Anacreon version of Skynet where the old fallen empire locks us from the game because if it can't have an empire no one can??? Skynet just won Anacreon.....???? :cry:
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Rackspace means the rack holding the actual machine the game runs on. Basically, he means a hardware issue.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I apologize. This looks like a bug on the server. I've restarted the server, and it looks OK now, but I need to figure out the root cause.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

george moromisato wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:50 am
I apologize. This looks like a bug on the server. I've restarted the server, and it looks OK now, but I need to figure out the root cause.
Thanks George! Just a gentle reminder, it probably would be better if the various logins redirected to https by default so that passwords aren't being sent in plaintext.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:01 am
george moromisato wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:50 am
Thanks George! Just a gentle reminder, it probably would be better if the various logins redirected to https by default so that passwords aren't being sent in plaintext.
Totally agree!
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

TheBugKing wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:23 pm
So... what is Rackspace? Is that like the Anacreon version of Skynet where the old fallen empire locks us from the game because if it can't have an empire no one can??? Skynet just won Anacreon.....???? :cry:
Rackspace is a company that has servers people can rent the use of. Most people do not want to deal with trying to research parts to build a server, companies to buy a pre-built server from, or the hassle of repairing/replacing parts when they die. Managed server places like Rackspace allow people to focus on what they want to do with the servers, instead of the servers themselves... usually.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

starxplor wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:23 am
TheBugKing wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:23 pm
Rackspace is a company that has servers people can rent the use of. Most people do not want to deal with
Ok! Thanks for that. Smarter every day! :lol:
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,