Era 3.9 update

General discussion for the game Anacreon
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I've updated the game server with a two changes:

1. I've uploaded the new Era 3 definitions that you all worked on (thank you!)
2. I've changed the prices that Mesophon offers for resources (based on the post I made).

I'll create a new game/galaxy tomorrow live on Twitch at 5 PM Pacific time.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

For players wondering about the minutiae what has changed:
  • Mesophon now pays half as much as it did previously for rawMaterials (minerals of any kind) and for organic food. For T&E empires, it is now roughly equally as efficient to make and sell ship components as it is to sell minerals mined from "abundant" deposits (previously the minerals would have been twice as cost-effective). Selling mnerals mined from "major" deposits will now be half as cost-effective as building something like light jumpdrives, so T&E empires shouldn't bother producing minerals for sale unless a planet has abundant deposits or if it's generating more of some vital resource like hexacarbide than in needed by all the other worlds trading with a capital.
  • Behind the scenes, attackValue (called "power" in-game) is now calculated automatically instead of specified on a per-unit basis. Some ships, most notable starfrigates, have seen their power drop substantially while other power values have ballooned, reflecting the era3 forum changes that Imperator championed and which have been in place for about a month now. Mesophon ship sales prices have not changed, at least in the current game.
  • Hypersonic missile range reverted to the original 20 (25 was too powerful for the unit's cost and TL).
  • Trade hubs and T&E capitals/sector capitals now get the militia base structure (same as autonomous worlds), which builds basic infantry. This structure will not occur or be buildable on pre-existing designated planets but will appear on newly designated or redesignated worlds. By default it will only produce a small trickle of infantry but the amount of WUs allocated to the structure can be manually set. Mesophon worlds won't get to build infantry in Beta I or II, but they gain this ability in future games.
  • GDMs are no longer consumed after a single shot, range reduced to 10 (I forgot to alter the description on the structure, though, so it still claims they are consumed after a single use :oops: )
  • Hammerhead gunship attack changed from R:5 missile to R:10 direct, same damage as before, lost missile protection
  • Cerberus gunship attack range increased to 15, lost missile protection
  • Minotaur gunship HalfLife reduced to 10
  • Vanguard explorer HalfLife reduced to 4
  • Manta starfrigate damage increased to 144 and gains AoE
  • Defiance starfrigate damage increased to 96
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Wow, great news! Looking forward to it...

One more round of epic galactic conquest, diplomacy and backstabbing coming right up. This time without bugged empires and OP blitzing jumpships. :D Thanks George

Is attack power now gone completely? I noticed its missing from the core files for all ships. It wasn't a good reliable indicator anyway, as different ships have different counters.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You can still see it in the game, e.g. in the Mesophon "buy" interface. It still underlies forces counts. It's calculated automatically. I'll need to update the units page on will.kronosaur.com/anacreon/eras/era3/units to reflect this).