Anacreon Era III Discussion Thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Ilkay
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Finnian Thankfully the last time i stopped playing the alpha for this was wholly because my comp died and then i had to move. Though I am glad to see the jump points, and that blockade running as a assault tactic no longer works! And lady is correct

Wayward Device I think that sounds like it could add some spice to things to have a public diplomacy/saber rattling place. And the gift planets will remain so named... even if it winds up being a bit of a logistical nightmare
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
~Will Rogers
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Wayward Device wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:42 pm

Right now we have this thread, which is pretty much everything from in character empire stuff to general discussion of Era 3, and an in character thread that only The Bug King (and once --Imperator--) uses. How would everyone feel about some old school "pretending to be our empires and throwing out news, propaganda and political threats" threads? Some of the most fun I've had in this game has been on the forum, like when Finnian recruited me to start the Barricade Pact and we gathered all the small empires together to stand against and later overthrow the great powers of the day. Or running the The Autocracy of Order Propaganda-News Bulletin, putting out regular galactic news intermixed with the message that all right thinking, civilized clear space dwelling trade cluster users should seriously consider exterminating any filthy, degenerate nebular dwelling mesh trade empires they came across.

:) Good Old Times! Yeah.. The forum is the very heart of this game.. Our galactic legends lay buried in this threads..

after so many years we could take some of the stories contained in the threads and write 1 or 2 sci-phi books!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yes, a warm welcome to Ilkay... Now if only you hadn't started your reign with such an ambitious (though ill-advised) attack on Imperial citizens. Such boldness is freely encouraged and admired, though. Carpe diem, and all that.

As an introductory lesson: never invade a more powerful empire unless you're certain of victory. If you cannot defeat them utterly in one sure strike, taking their production worlds means very little in the grand scheme of things when you find their fleets orbiting your capital the next day. Someone else learned that lesson well from events which transpired just a few days ago.

I've taken the liberty of creating an Imperial News Bulletin - the one completely true and absolutely unbiased source of reports about events for Era 3.
Wayward Device wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:42 pm
Funny how in this day and age of graphics cards with more processing power than every supercomputer in the 60's combined, a game who's most advanced effects are yellow lines and dots zapping between circling grey and red dots can give such compelling thrills.
Hilarious.
Ilkay
Anarchist
Anarchist

Oh thank you for the fun war --Imperator-- It reminded me of the first time i played Anacreon. Complete whit the curb stomp. And man dose the jump beacons relay Nerf and form of blitz. But that's relay bean a trend seance the alpha, and the removal of fighters... Close air support was a bit easy to cheese
~Will Rogers
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Greetings all.

Ilkay, greetings.

Congratulations all victories, all defeats are worthy of remembrance for future victories.

It should be noted that all Emperors are welcome to write their own journals or within the one provided by the more peaceful Bugz among us.

A Message:
Not all Bugzzzzzzz were eradicated. It may actually be impossible. However, for the general knowledge of Empires that have recently been awakened to the knowledge of those realms above their own, occasionally there may be plagues that need to be cut down with much effort. I, The Bug King, King of the Bugzzzzzzz, am the facilitator. We are a super intelligent Bug Race that come from the heart of an infected world. We use the heat from viable planets to incubate the wondrous and fervent young hearts of the Spelling Bees to bring chaos wherever we may. So far there have been 3 Bug victories with 2 official Spelling Bees. The first Spelling Bee was a sure victory, the vial terrans were vanquished and the galaxy was in chaos. The second Spelling Bee through only most of the galaxy in chaos and the Bugzzzzzzz were routed. The other 2 Bug victories were within another galaxy and the in the dim mornings of the creation of this galaxy.

We leave this galaxy to it's "harmony" and "peace" which is the absolute dominance of those who wish to conquer but lack the ability to fulfill their dreams.

A Warning:

The Bugzzzzzzz will return. We will find a way away from our prison beyond Sagittarius A*. And chaos will be absolute and unending. Then there will be silence.

To those emperors:
I smile with great fervor that transmissions between emperors has resumed. May this technology not fall for many ages.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
L.W., Windsor
Anarchist
Anarchist

Ahhhhh I am here at last. Hello Hello Hello

Hello.

:D :oops: :D :mrgreen:

Hello Pandastan, Hello Saxaphone Traders Union, Hello The Gospel of a New Century, Hello The Auroran Hegemony, Hello Imperium, Hello Player who left after he said hello--thank you for your planet, Hello Eiistan, Hello Mesophone Traders Union. That is everyone for now it seems.

Hello :)
The H in H2O is Hexacarbide. The H in Hexacarbide is Hexacarbide. Heaven is made out of Hexacarbide!!!
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

L.W., Windsor wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:23 am

Hello.

Hello Pandastan, Hello Saxaphone Traders Union, Hello The Gospel of a New Century, Hello The Auroran Hegemony, Hello Imperium, Hello Player who left after he said hello--thank you for your planet, Hello Eiistan, Hello Mesophone Traders Union. That is everyone for now it seems.

What an entrance!

Hello my good lord.

May your lordship prosper!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Accelerando
Anarchist
Anarchist

A hearty welcome to the galactic stage, Windsor! May your empire prosper.

I have to commend Imperator's dedication to keeping me on my toes. Every hour I turn around and you're up to some new villainy :P
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

L.W., Windsor wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:23 am

Hello.

Hello and welcome.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Are ramjets still bugged?
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The last post in the ramjet bug thread was 3 days ago, so yes :(.
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

There are exactly 2 spots where they aren't: the little strip of pink nebula SW of my capital, and the strip of dark nebula connecting GCN and Pandastan. No idea why...

And welcome to our newcomer Windsor. Looks like more players are joining nowadays.
L.W., Windsor
Anarchist
Anarchist

OH YEAH!!!! HIIIIIIII!!!! FRIENDS YEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The H in H2O is Hexacarbide. The H in Hexacarbide is Hexacarbide. Heaven is made out of Hexacarbide!!!
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Does anybody have experience or rough numbers for the performance of Minotaurs, Gorgos and Megatheres vs Eldritch and Undines in Era 3?

Gorgos - I understand they got a hard nerf but on paper they still seem like they could work. They still one shot Eldritch, even though it's at 25 range now instead of 30. They have missile defense 1, half that of a Megathere or Eldritch and they kill an Undine in 3 shots while the Undine would need to get only 2 missiles past their defense to kill them. Although they should still shred Eldritch, I feel that this would be a bad match against the now much more common Undine fleet, unless the missile defense favours them more than I think it will.

Megathere - These use missiles, so Eldritch should be able to laugh at them but I haven't seen any actual evidence for how this goes. The missile does 640 damage, so it will 1 shot any Undine or Eldritch it hits, and it will hit any Undines in range because they have no missile defense. Oh, and the range is 30 like the old Gorgos, so it should get a bunch of free shots in before the real battle starts and may also hit transports first like Gorgos used to. It also has 6400 armor and 2 missile defense, so it would take 40 Undine missiles (if they can hit) or 267 Eldritch shots to kill. But it fires missiles, any sufficiently large Eldritch fleet should be 100% immune. Does anyone have any real experience with this one? I'm very torn, it seems so good on paper and a great counter against the new Undine meta.

Minotaur - Looks nice on paper, especially with such relatively high production numbers for a starship, but they go down almost instantly against Undines. And looking at the numbers, no wonder: Undines 1 shot them, they have no missile defense and they need to hit an Undine 5 times to kill it. Seems trash to me.

Finally, where does everyone stand on jumpfleet composition? Undines seem a massively better choice now, but from the few times I've seem it happen they need to outnumber Eldritch 2v1 to even be able to hurt them and even then it takes up to 10 minutes for them to win.
Ilkay
Anarchist
Anarchist

As far a jump fleets go i like a 2:1 of eldritch to undine for my fleets but that's mostly to do whit static defenses.

However i have noticed that defending ships seem to lack the ability to firing downwards, and attacking ships similarly have a problem firing upwards. I have bean a bit ill so i don't have much experience beyond what --Imperator-- provided. But i do intend to conduct a few experiments on a few of the independent planets who have fleets. Dose anyone else have any experience with this? or am i the only one who ever trys to deal with even odds buy landing transports as quickly as possible?
~Will Rogers