Anacreon Era III Discussion Thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Occasionally you can get the attack commands to work, but if you have a lot of forces, you can't see all of your wings or theirs.

There is an adaptable strategy that Watch Tv and Imperium used called Shield and Hammer, this is where you attack with one fleet with another fleet arriving in the next turn. At appx. 10-15 seconds before the arrival of the second fleet you attack with the first. This means the defensive forces are in combat fighting the first fleet when the second arrive and get chewed up by the second fleet. The strategy works best with millions of ships though.

Another tactic to use is multiple fleets, it is very difficult for the defense A.I. and you can normally use attack controls to change orbits at least.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

welcome new players! :] ! there is a guide somewhere in this forum..
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

Dumb question but don't seem to see the answer in the guide... how do I cancel/reset an individual trade route or for an entire planet?
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Enyalius Jin wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:36 pm
Dumb question but don't seem to see the answer in the guide... how do I cancel/reset an individual trade route or for an entire planet?
In the center of the trade route, click the node and on the bottom right hand portion of the screen click stop trade. To reset simply re-establish the desired trade route.

Also, why did you abdicate already? You made more progress in One day than I have seen most players be able to accomplish.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

https://ibb.co/iUvP45

Not very zoomable, but it gives you a good idea to the state of the galaxy circa 4149.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

TheBugKing wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:17 pm
Enyalius Jin wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:36 pm
In the center of the trade route, click the node and on the bottom right hand portion of the screen click stop trade. To reset simply re-establish the desired trade route.

Also, why did you abdicate already? You made more progress in One day than I have seen most players be able to accomplish.
Ahh, I kept on trying to do it from within a planet's 'Import From' interface and it was driving me insane!!! I'm just experimenting with mechanics for now.. whelped my entire fleet against some AI defenses just to see how I'd fare. After I get back from my long vacation in mid September, I'll go for a permanent seed. For right now just testing things out and then re-spawning. Hope that's okay.

Is there a much higher percentage of "good" planets in Anacreon 3, or did I just join so late in the Era that many have progressed substantially?

Do any planets have bonuses for shipbuilding, component autofacs, etc., or do you simply tend to choose large planets without abundant resources?
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Depending on how you play, all planets are valuable in some way. Planet population and tech level (TL) both contribute to production levels and TL directly affects population. You can increase TL of a planet with a foundation world or locally built tech buildings.

Some planets are penalized in some areas or have a bonus in others, mostly dealing with food production. Beyond that, planet types have a range of qualities available for each resource, so you will notice some resources' abundant setting is only available on certain world types.

Once you have a trade route set up, clicking the dot in the middle of the route not only lets you cancel the route, but you can click on any cargo listed and set a percentage of demand for the supplier to try to fill (by default, all routes supplying a cargo add up to 100% and split evenly among suppliers).

I too played the original and v2 of Anacreon back in the day, happy to see another old-schooler join the forums.
Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

The resources on a planet are straightforward.. I just remember a larger diversity of planet classes in the original Anacreon, some of which had significant bonuses to ship production, infantry production, etc. Wasn't sure if anyone had discovered any of those benefits in current planet classes. Lots of childhood memories of recruiting alien legions on hostile life planets and LAM spamming the universe with fortresses. I'm glad there aren't SRM fields in this version to screw up my exploration :P

Anyone had diplomatic contact with RAG? Looks like he's the other new player on the map, aside from a couple throwaway empires. Also doesn't look like you guys are building ramjets.. is this primarily because of the nebula constraint or because they are just bad value compared to high tier jumpships?
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The Ramjets are broken this time around for some reason. Maybe someone else has figured out why. As far as bonus' go, there are production bonuses on the Earth-like/Ocean/Underground worlds. I think the specific numbers are in the manual, but specifics are definitely in the forum discussions from a year or two ago.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

Fellow Emperors,

I’ve been on vacation the past week and not had much time for Anacreon. I let my neighbors know that I’d be away for awhile. I logged on today and found that RAG has captured independent planets within 50-100 LY of my SW capital. I am NOT interested in an all-out war as I’m still on vacation, but I felt the need to protect my borders. I did a first-strike attack on the encroaching planets as well as his nearby capital and jumpship yard planets to prevent a quick retaliation.

I have no desire for a drawn-out conflict, I simply want a clear boundary between our empires. I have thus offered these terms to RAG:

I will return the following planets: Frost Giants, HENGEHEIM, Kappa Canis Minoris, FR 3784, and Hamchoi Planet

In return, RAG agrees not to expand east of Hamchoi Planet or designate a capital east of HENGEHEIM. Likewise, I agree not to expand west of Hamchoi Planet or designate a capital west of SW Capital.

I will not be attacking any more planets for 24 hours or until I have heard a response from RAG or been attacked. I am currently in good standing with AelionRisen and Crystalline Federation but do not foresee the need for their intervention unless this becomes an all-out war.

Sincerely,

- Jin
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

To the Sentient,

We, of Aelion Risen, do hereby commit to information exchange with all fledgling empires. However, military aid will only be given for the purpose of protecting imperial interests.

Aelion Risen Central Dissemination Platform
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

But are deathworlders considered sentient?
Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

Heeeeeey who are you calling fledgling :P

RAG has designated a capital world within our 'neutral zone' which breaks the terms of my peace agreement. I have responded accordingly.

- Jin
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

TheBugKing wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:53 pm
To the Sentient,

We, of Aelion Risen, do hereby commit to information exchange with all fledgling empires. However, military aid will only be given for the purpose of protecting imperial interests.

Aelion Risen Central Dissemination Platform
I guess you're right I tried to get back in the game and you showed up near my empire twice Lord Newbie remembers you well. Attacker with no reason?
NH620