Anacreon Era III Discussion Thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

In the future, will there be external events in the anacreon universe?

Very creative Bugz Bravo!

It was entertaining to read about Bugz splinter group the silent path breaking off and threatening all empires. :mrgreen:
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

They are here... :evil:
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Silent path strategically neutralized defense structures on several planets opening the way for a sneak attack by cool kid on the block. After great sacrifice by the people of looking the invaders were repelled. The people of looking are lamenting the loss of so many brave captains and demand blood. Since Bugz did not bother to put down their own rebellion Bugz will lose a Sector Capital. Perhaps the empire of Bugz will in the future be more diligent in their responsibility to control their own citizens!

Chronicles of the empire

Looking
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The Kingdom of Bugz would like to express their condolences to all the slain. However, the galaxy is in peril. The Western Traders Union is spreading faster than we can account for. We have lost the Northern Realms and the Western Defensive Cluster.

This looks like the end of the Bugzzzzzzz and the galaxy if no one is willing to aid us. What will it take for you to band together, and disregard your personal empires safety in order to help me defeat the WTU? They will destroy us all and we will not win if you don't act quickly. They are becoming stronger by the day. You must act now, or it will be too late. They control 2.5 M Minotaurs, will you let them take control of my main Kingdom and the forces there? Already the stress from their attacks is straining my Kingdom.

Please, help.

The Bug King
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It seems like the galaxy has descended into utter chaos after I left. What fun! :mrgreen:

Also, if I gather that KingdomofBugz is in a war with Ferengi, Bugz will be going down very quickly...

Before I abdicated, starxplor told me they've apparently made a script to automate purchasing of Mesophon ships (any number at once), constructing habitats on worlds and various other nice things. The thing is, without the 1000 ship limit on Mesophon purchases, a mature T&E empire with sufficient aes production could potentially be the most powerful force in the galaxy.

Mesophon worlds are scattered all over the galaxy, sometimes smack bang in the middle of enemy territory, and if this enemy is large enough they won't be able to conquer these worlds without a massive social order penalty. Imagine it being essentially an instant spawn point for unlimited numbers of ships, and as long as they can link up with transport fleets all hell will promptly be unleashed upon said empire.
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

really bugz you don't have anything better to do than harass me?
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It is too late. The galaxy is lost.

Abandon your hope.

Your doom has come. Your doom has come. Your doom has come. Your doom has come. Your doom has come. Your doom has come. Your doom has come. Your doomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrwar.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

--Imperator-- wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:21 am
It seems like the galaxy has descended into utter chaos after I left. What fun! :mrgreen:

Also, if I gather that KingdomofBugz is in a war with Ferengi, Bugz will be going down very quickly...

Before I abdicated, starxplor told me they've apparently made a script to automate purchasing of Mesophon ships (any number at once), constructing habitats on worlds and various other nice things. The thing is, without the 1000 ship limit on Mesophon purchases, a mature T&E empire with sufficient aes production could potentially be the most powerful force in the galaxy.

Mesophon worlds are scattered all over the galaxy, sometimes smack bang in the middle of enemy territory, and if this enemy is large enough they won't be able to conquer these worlds without a massive social order penalty. Imagine it being essentially an instant spawn point for unlimited numbers of ships, and as long as they can link up with transport fleets all hell will promptly be unleashed upon said empire.
This is how I was able to quickly buy enough ships to defeat the invasion force that showed up at my capital and how I have destroyed the force that went for the retaken SC on my western border.

That side note about the transports is what makes my empire unable to instantly take over the world. My transports can travel only at the speed of gunships anywhere outside my jump beacon range.

EDIT:
It just took 10 seconds to buy 1million Eldritches and 500K Udines and send them to a nearby SC to defend against a WTU attack fleet.
I have noticed though, any time I have a fleet fighting the WTU fleets it causes the game load to timeout and I have to manually refresh the whole game page.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

starxplor wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:48 am

This is how I was able to quickly buy enough ships to defeat the invasion force that showed up at my capital and how I have destroyed the force that went for the retaken SC on my western border.
The Western Traders Union was ill equipped and untrained. We have taken full control of the Bughive.

We will put the name of Ferengi and your magic script to the test.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well, good luck everyone.
Unfortunately, I can't be at my computer 24/7.
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

TheBugKing wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:37 am
It is too late. The galaxy is lost.

Abandon your hope.

Your doom has come. Your doom has come. Your doom has come. Your doom has come. Your doom has come. Your doom has come. Your doom has come. Your doomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomeyourdoomhascomerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorerrorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrwar.
Ahem.

Perhaps I should have stayed long enough to complete the southern crusade, imperialist tyranny is certainly better than outright chaos! Oh well. If I get bored of Stellaris I might come back and cleanse this galaxy with holy fire. Xeno scum.

Starxplor, once this is all over, would you be okay with sharing this Python scripting on the forums? It would certainly be interesting to explore, and I doubt anyone could really exploit it. We could expand upon it, perhaps make automating the most tedious parts of the game to make it more playable. Besides, it would be fair considering the limitation of an in-game mechanic of 1000 ships purchase has been removed. Of course, entirely up to you! 8-)

This scripting also opens up the possibility of people making "bot empires" which plague so many other online multiplayer games, but hopefully that won't happen here...
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

By the time you come back Imperium, there won't be a planet in the galaxy for you to call home.

This galaxy belongs to the Western Traders Union. We will have order. We will have peace. The galaxy will be united once more, unto eternity.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Here is the function I wrote to buy any quantity. It is based off reading the HTTP communication between my browser and the anacreon.com server. At the end, I bought 2million+ each of Udines and Eldritches to send to Ferenginar.

Code: Select all

def buyShips(self, sourceID, itemID, quantity):
        print('---------------buyFleet----------------')
        postData = {"authToken": self.authToken, "gameID": self.gameID, 'sovereignID': self.sovereignID,
                    "sourceObjID": sourceID, "itemID": itemID, "itemCount": quantity, "sequence": self.sequence}
        print(postData)
        URL = self.baseURL + 'api/buyItem'
        response = self.requestSession.post(URL, postData)
        if response.status_code == requests.codes.ok:
            print(response.headers['content-type'])
            json = response.json()
        else:
            print('Error code:', response.status_code)
        print('done')
        print('---------------------------------------')
There is more to the whole thing than just this: login, game load, set destination, transfer ships/cargo, find upgradable habitats and build them, and so on.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

starxplor wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:20 am
Ferenginar.

I'm curious why everyone keeps abdicating before the final battle. I was fully prepared to waste everything I had in the largest battle this game has seen.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

1) Any time I tried to watch a battle with not-tiny fleets(1-2mill space power vs 0.5-1mil space power), the whole game froze and timed out.
2) I cannot be at my computer 24/7 to play whack-a-mole
3) I did not want a war. I do not want to clean up after a war. I was neutral in the first galactic war for this very reason.
4) Since none of my ships could set destination within a nebula, I would not have been able to even take out all of your empire if I had wanted to try.