Anacreon Era III Discussion Thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

When I had a very long but narrow empire zooming out helped move focus from one end to the other quicker.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

starxplor wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:11 am
When I had a very long but narrow empire zooming out helped move focus from one end to the other quicker.
Zoom out to 20,000 LY's and let me know if that helps you find your empire..... or the galaxy :roll: :lol:
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Does anyone know the story for norworld empire? Does this person not have a capital? Since I am so well acquainted with the No-Capital Bug, I am weary about attacking the empire. It would be some poetic justice for this zombie bug to come back to life though.

When I see the empire, there is no designation for empire outline or circles for the planets. I have surveyed 99% of the galaxy and can only find 2 sector capitals for the norworld empire with no home world. If someone could alleviate my worries I would be most grateful. :mrgreen:
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Aelion Empire has risen again. This time, commanded by the creatures called Bugzzzzzzz. I am here to torment the galaxy one last time. To cause grief and fear one last time. To the end of the 3rd Age, all hail The Bug King!!!
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

WHOA! :o
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

TheBugKing wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:53 pm
Aelion Empire has risen again. This time, commanded by the creatures called Bugzzzzzzz. I am here to torment the galaxy one last time. To cause grief and fear one last time. To the end of the 3rd Age, all hail The Bug King!!!
YEAH I KNOW YOU'RE NEAR THE OUTER RIM OF THE NEWBIE EMPIRE! I HOPE YOU DON'T DECIDE TO COME IN . :shock: :? :twisted:
NH620
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:56 am

YEAH I KNOW YOU'RE NEAR THE OUTER RIM OF THE NEWBIE EMPIRE! I HOPE YOU DON'T DECIDE TO COME IN . :shock: :? :twisted:
Due to a miscalculated time scale, the attack on Newbie was halted. However, reinforcements are en route. Prepare to feel the might of Aelion.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ships in the Rift can't travel from planet to planet in the Rift. Are all game functions operating in the game? EX. RAMJET SHIPS!!
NH620
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:02 am
Ships in the Rift can't travel from planet to planet in the Rift. Are all game functions operating in the game? EX. RAMJET SHIPS!!

Ramjets are semi-broken. All others seemed to be functioning properly.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Lord Newbie abdicated? why? :cry: we need players!!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'm playing and I don't think he like the way I was playing with him. It isn't like I was trying to take over his empire though.... just that one little corner. No hard feelings NEWBIE!

I agree though, we need some fresh and aggressive players. If Imperium would come back that would be cool, or even Watch Tv! What about introducing the game to your guys co-workers or whatever???

I think I play too aggressively for you guys who are still here, yes? hahahaha

Hope I'm not scaring players away :shock: :cry:
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hey All,

I just joined the game. I played the original Anacreon decades ago and dabbled a little bit with Anacreon 2. Never played this version so I'll be completely lost for awhile. Go easy on me!
Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

Well, first mistake made... in the original Anacreon, you could deploy a 'side' fleet and attack with only that fleet. Deployed Stingers to attack a planet, but when I hit 'attack', all my troops went in and my jumpcruisers got shredded. Ordering them to stay in 'orbit' on a second attack didn't seem to help either. Do you just send the Stingers ahead or is there a way to do this more efficiently?

I've spawned myself a number of times, just testing out mechanics and invasions, etc. Spawning seems pretty random. Mostly I'm starting biotech with just a small (few thousand) jumpfleet, but one time I started with a large number of starships and in my current spawn I had about 50K jumpships and a lot of imperial guards. I'm next to Crystalline Federation at the moment. I go on vacation on Thursday, so I'll just fool around and possibly re-spawn myself again and then "get serious" when I'm back from vacation.

Just like the original Anacreon, I assume it's generally pointless to conquer planets under about 5 bill population? And that the abundance of resources is also relative to the population... ie a tiny planet with 'abundant' trillum is still a joke compared to a large planet with major deposits?

Cool to be playing Anacreon again!
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Welcome! Glad to have a player! Are you RAG?

The best way to do what you are talking about is to create separate fleets and attack with each individual fleet as you want. Any of fleet you have will attack whenever you press the attack button. The battle commands are hit and miss, they don't work very well. I've brought it up before, but that part of the game was not as essential to fix as other parts were. There is a game guide at the top of the General Discussions if you have time to pick through it. Also if you go to the some of the threads below this one in the forum there is extensive discussions about pretty much everything from tactics to problems to fixes, etc.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

I am Enyalius Jin in-game as well. It's just annoying that separate fleets on top of the same planet both attack when you invade... I just worked around it by sending an Undine fleet ahead of the rest of my JMP/JTs, but I can't imagine that would work well against other players. Would make more sense if an attack didn't start immediately, or if all ships started at a fixed orbit out of defense range and you more concretely sent in the ships you actually want to descend. Ah well.

I'm currently west of a Crystalline Federation hub that centers around Epsilon Sadal Suud.

I've glanced through the game guide and will keep reading as I play. I might be able to get another friend to join as well... he didn't play Anacreon in its original form, but I introduced him to Anacreon 2 and we played for a couple months some years ago.