For newcomers to Anacreon, or multiplayer 4X games in general: Read this extremely helpful reference by Watch TV Do Nothing. Also check out this starter guide on how to build an empire.
Galactic News Bulletin
Last update: 20 March 2017
CURRENT MAP OF THE GALAXY
The new Strumps empire has been invaded by Kingdom of Bugz, and abdicated shortly afterwards.
KOB has also invaded many Imperium worlds in the north, in response to continued border aggression. This has severely impacted productivity and efficiency across the empire.
Ceasefire has been declared!
Imperium & KingdomofBugz (30 cycles)
Ferengi: neutral between Imperium-Bugz conflict.
Imperium Aeterna, Tricor Regime, Brides of the Sun
Top 3 largest empires:
- Imperium Aeterna (433)
- KingdomofBugz (409)
- Ferengi (339)
- Hellsgate (unknown)
- Tricor Regime (josh19967), abdicated after war with Imperium
- Strumps (Oddball), abdicated after war with Kingdom of Bugz
- Imperium Aeterna (Imperator)
- Brides of the Sun (Watch TV Do Nothing)
- Ferengi (starxplor)
- KingdomofBugz (TheBugKing)
- Crystalline Federation (AdmiralZo)
- When attacking planetary defenses and considering their relative ranges, Minotaurs counter HEL cannons and autocannons, but are weak against hypersonic missiles. Conversely, Eldritches counter hypersonics but are weak against the other. Adamants and Undines counter everything except hypersonics, but will take a minimum amount of casualties. Plasma towers counter everything except starcruisers. Starcruisers counter everything, but take much longer to arrive.
- Be aware of other players establishing sector capitals and/or jumpship yards near your territory. With a sector capital, any world they capture from you within its control radius can be designated as a jumpyard (and by extension, jumpbeacon) to immediately give jumpship access to your empire. Jumpships are extremely fast and can tear an empire apart in a few hours while you're offline. This is especially true for big, sprawling empires that don't build planetary defenses on every single world, their production worlds are left vulnerable.
"If all else fails: duck. As a defensive stratagem it's unreliable, but incredibly reassuring for a moment or two."
-- Imperial Infantryman's Primer on Exotroop Combat