Mon May 22, 2017 2:50 am

Oddball wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 3:19 pm
Current incarnation Looking

Jumpship yards and resource shortages
world underground resources- major trillum, major hexacarbide
TL biotech
pop 8.7 efficiency 27.2
I rushed the redesignation when another rogue empire? popped up adjacent to me.

importing csg, trillum, hexacarbide, autofacs.

shortages
trillum (extractor is producing more than exporting)
hexacarbide (foundry is producing more than it is exporting)
autofac will add second autofac when able.

I don't understand - yard triillum production reads, imported 25 consumed 28[78]
trillum extractor reads produced 777, consumed 22, exported 150. 600 trillum available for export
Hexacarbide is similar similar surplus production not being exported to yard and yard showing Imported 30, consumed 28[93]. 100 trillum available
When trade routes are initially established, it take a couple of ticks to build the local stockpile of imported goods. So, the first tick might get 1/3 of request imported, and zero used, followed by 1/2 imported and 1/3 used, then 3/4 imported and 1/2 used and so on, until eventually, between 1.1 and 3x the request is stored on the importing planet.

Oddball
Miner
Miner

Mon May 22, 2017 6:59 pm

Thank you Starxplor. Timing was not the issue.
Apparently somewhere along the line every time I connected an autofac to export to the hub the program divided the export percentage on the trade route. These autofacs were not connected to anything but a single hub.
Exporting to 2 hubs the trade route divides in 2 to 50% for each as it should. I don't think it should be dividing the trade route percentages when you connect up 2 worlds to 1 hub.

The hub was running a negative numbers in consumer goods, but I had a lot of consumer autofacs connected. -When I checked one world it showed it was producing 40k -consuming 5k but only exporting 3k to the hub. Why wasn't the hub importing more?

Solution: The trade route when connected had been reducing the trade route percentages each autofac I connected. It was at 5% not 100%. :D

starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Tue May 23, 2017 3:37 am

This is why I wish we could define a quantity, not just a percent of demand. The way it is now, if you do not manually set any percentages, the game [tries] to split the demand evenly, by percentage, among the supplying worlds. If you define the export percent of demand for one supplying world, the rest of the worlds split the rest of the percentage of demand.

Additionally, because of the percent of demand instead of quantity, increasing demand increases exports from all connected suppliers, throwing off ratios when a single supplier increases production and you have to manually set all the rates to take advantage of it.

Good luck though, I am basically calculating rates constantly to try to prevent starving consumers of various goods, and way over-producing food goods to avoid riots.

Oddball
Miner
Miner

Tue May 23, 2017 10:51 am

What if the call to transfer was based on production instead of demand? An autofac or foundary when connected would then be able to transfer 100% of available resource (or a user defined amount). I am guessing that would leave as the only variable - the rise and fall of production.

Resource Produced - consumption= available to transfer. Previously stored amounts would have to be moved by ship from planet to new location.