Windows desktop Anacreon2

General discussion for the game Anacreon
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

While I know most players are hooked on the Online version, I tried to return recently & just couldn't seem to navigate the interface..( I need to read the start guide again, it's been awhile )
================ SO ====================================
I returned to the Desktop version of Anacreon 2
http://neurohack.com/anacreon/

Now, I LOVE this version, it is amazingly NOT boring, but can be frustrating when your fleet manufacturing starts out so slow that the Hostiles seem to be under every mote of star dust.

However, the TWO things that disturbs me about this version is that :
I don't know where it holds it's Save files.

I have it on both my Laptop ( While at work ) & desktop (home) and often want to continue playing the game from the laptop....but I don't know exactly where the save file is so I can copy it & use it on the Desktop.

Infantry / Elites aren't part of the Supply Transport options to move troops.

The Reason this would be Helpful is the consistent generation of troops often overload the Empire's ability to store them on local fleets, planets, stations without risk of rebellion .....so being able to shuffle them to a Fortress, outpost, world or station would be a great option.
After all, the Crown shouldn't have to micro manage the Empire , just provide administrative guidance.
( Am I correct? )

I think the Fleet Tab could do with the extra option to move Troops on your Transports -
then the supply - like page where you set how many troops you expect from a particular location to be moved to another location or simply held on the Fleet.
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

My biggest issue with the previous version of the game was running out resources. The fact that worlds have limited trillium makes a game no longer open-ended.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

starxplor wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:21 am
My biggest issue with the previous version of the game was running out resources. The fact that worlds have limited trillium makes a game no longer open-ended.
Industrial Stations can produce everything from Food to Trillium : they take awhile to get going, but with a small fleet standing by to pick up what they produce other then the desired designation for the station until they get going makes it profitable and faster ( usually, I think it's been 8 cycles ). IF the Industrial Station is producing Non Food items, make sure you keep them stocked with steady food shipments : My construction fleets usually get supplies to drop ( about 2K ) to hold the station until the supply ships get going.

Usually, for Industrial stations that are intended to become non food stations, I set the Industrial stations to produce Food FIRST, then after they have a good amount, say 50K or more, I switch them to the target designation while I set up supply fleets to give and take.

Here, you can see the game from my Laptop ( I know, I was at work - but I am a Boss, I can do this ) I use the SRM Fields to conserve my forces while I work to cover supply & demand while I get Industrial stations going.
I have up to 4 construction specific fleets doing stations & mine fields.

*** I try not to leave Infantry Troops on any planet or station ( except the Capital ) unless that location is or about to be the center of an attack ( or I am outnumbered by the Hostile - I will drop all troops & pick up all materials expecting the worse ) Often increasing the Troop numbers at a location throws off the Hostile because they didn't plan for extra troops showing up, and if they did - then at least you made them work for it.

starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hmm, I think I was thinking of Anacreon 1, not 2...
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

starxplor wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:11 am
Hmm, I think I was thinking of Anacreon 1, not 2...
Then it is time to update the thirst for adventure in your life

starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Nope, just confirmed Anacreon2 has resource depletion, specifically trillium. Any planet that is designated as trillium producer will soon run out of the resource and stop producing.

Also, is this what you are referring to?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Industrial Complexes
These structures are actually giant shipyards built in empty sectors adjacent to mining or raw material worlds.
Looks like they build ships, not raw resources out of thin air....thin space air?
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

starxplor wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:59 am
Nope, just confirmed Anacreon2 has resource depletion, specifically trillium. Any planet that is designated as trillium producer will soon run out of the resource and stop producing.

Also, is this what you are referring to?
Industrial Complexes
These structures are actually giant shipyards built in empty sectors adjacent to mining or raw material worlds.
Looks like they build ships, not raw resources out of thin air....thin space air?
Yes, Planets and Asteroids will have a limited resource : However, the Universe is NOT empty space : or "thin space air" it has all the building materials required to form the desired products, including Beer (neutrinos, electrons and quarks would become the building blocks of matter) : Industrial stations obviously collect and process that matter into the products required to farm , build ships, Trillium, etc.
===========================
University of Michigan Internet sourced material :
Chris LaRocco and Blair Rothstein present:
THE BIG BANG: It sure was BIG!!
http://umich.edu/~gs265/bigbang.htm
==========================
As you see in the image, I placed stations within a defended zone : not intentionally placing them near a planet - I have had games in the past where, while still learning, I set stations in the middle of nowhere ( thinking back, they did produce things quickly, which is why you can see in a current game that I deployed many of them to cover the needs of the planets. )

Resource Depletion can be averted by changing the designation of planets and sending the locals after raw material, Trillium, food ( if that type of planet can actually do it ) or building ships.

Setting a Planet to Independent after a cycle of different designations ( & at least 8 - 12 turns between designations watching the efficiency levels ) where you fail to get a desired result often brings out qualities that the planet had appeared to have lost.

Make your primary focus your Fleets, food & material to get SRM Fields & an Industrial station going as quickly as you can to conserve Planetary resources and defend your empire.
You will observe the SRM Fields taking hostiles out of the picture rather then loosing your fleets while you concentrate on becoming the Great Protector your empire knows you are. :)

My current Desktop game has slow ship building, almost no resources to spread around and hostiles have taken out my small fleets and retaken planets - it is enough to drive an Emperor to quit .....but DON'T give in.
Hold out, those tiny fleets and altering planet designations will pay off.
It takes time, yes - Many 3 to 5 year turns at a time to advance planets to a point they will become a fortress of resources that will help you build the empire ( or just provide just enough fuel ) so you can go on to building.

It's a Challenge.

starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I never said it was empty, hence the comment about thin [space] air, which is definitely not nothing. I have a background in physics so I am well aware of the lack of emptyness :)

I might have to go back and try it with complexes set to make resources. The description always made me assume it had to be a ship making designation.

P.S. I was just in Ann Arbor last night before work, I am also familiar with UofM, heh.

EDIT: So far, industrial complex has produced a total of 2, yes, two, trillium...
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

starxplor wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:10 am
I never said it was empty, hence the comment about thin [space] air, which is definitely not nothing. I have a background in physics so I am well aware of the lack of emptyness :)

I might have to go back and try it with complexes set to make resources. The description always made me assume it had to be a ship making designation.

P.S. I was just in Ann Arbor last night before work, I am also familiar with UofM, heh.

EDIT: So far, industrial complex has produced a total of 2, yes, two, trillium...
The game will try to convince you that the Industrial stations has more important uses then food or fuel - it will attempt to resist....
just stay on top of it with a fleet to collect the products it's not set for.
It WILL eventually do as it is told.
Just keep it stocked with food and be patient - I try to keep everybody around 4K food as a minimum, until I can get regular supply routes going.

THIS is the game on the Desktop : I selected the Complex so you can see it does in fact "get better"..just annoys you along the way :)

Eventually that column on the right will have Complexes that will handle the jobs of the inside stations & planets as I move the empire forward toward a War Machine that will take over the sector and hunt down the Hostiles.

starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Do you ever set the complexes to raw mining? I was thinking of a pattern like below for self sufficiency:

ara
rbr
ara

Four raw mining, four supplies, surrounding a ship producing complex. Each complex should be able to pull what it needs from neighbours without shipping anything in, once efficiency is high enough?

EDIT:
Just thought of a new pattern:

rtr
aba
rtr

This would reduce the overproduction of supplies and add to trillium production while not sacrificing the raw mining...
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

starxplor wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:02 am
Do you ever set the complexes to raw mining? I was thinking of a pattern like below for self sufficiency:

ara
rbr
ara

Four raw mining, four supplies, surrounding a ship producing complex. Each complex should be able to pull what it needs from neighbours without shipping anything in, once efficiency is high enough?

EDIT:
Just thought of a new pattern:

rtr
aba
rtr

This would reduce the overproduction of supplies and add to trillium production while not sacrificing the raw mining...
While I rotate Planets and Stations in their designations for the materials and ships the Empire requires : I do not have a science to it. However, I try to avoid specific designations like " Metal Mine " because resources will either come or Not ( in some cases you won't get anything ) or they fade out & the designation has to change.

I see what I am getting and measure that to what I want : Hostiles attacks on the empire can cost me shipments of thousands of items in a single turn or a Planet or Station fails to produce what I was looking for......you have to be ready to adapt : change designations, re-route ships, detail Fleets....
without the feature of Troop Movements being able to be set like the supply items you are fighting battles on both sides : the Hostiles & Micro - Management of your Empire.

Troop Generations that force you to scroll halfway over the star system because a location went Rogue or reports aren't good is nothing less then a distraction that could cost you an Empire because all you have to do is Miss ONE location for things to go bad and your servants are leaving you in a room with poison berries..