What is the best way to end your game?

General discussion for the game Anacreon
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I ask because the players guide gives you a good deal of info , but doesn't tell you how to end the game with any real feeling of accomplishment or style.

I mean, to Abdicate is easy......to be given poison and left in a room is slightly interesting......

what are the ways that are actually suggested or recommended ?
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Bugking has a very dramatic style: make a catastrophic attack to all the empires of the galaxy and then press abdication
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Finnian wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:53 am
Bugking has a very dramatic style: make a catastrophic attack to all the empires of the galaxy and then press abdication
LOL
just toss a grenade and leaves :) LOL

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

OH MAN! You guys made me laugh so hard!

Because the game has certain limitations, yet is so open ended when it comes to style, you can really make up whatever you want. I've really thought about making smiley faces all over the board or a giant finger...... Right now I have a strong man, making a bowling throw.

Made up scenarios I think are the best way to play this since there is no real purpose, in the end everyone playing their own way makes up the story of this game. So really, you could say, there will never be an end. Even if I do eventually conquer the Galaxy, make everyone not want to play, let the game sit for 1000 cycles with me occupying every world, abdicate and the game has a heat death for 10,000 cycles to be reborn 50 years later... Anacreon lives on.

So perhaps it isn't a game? It is a story which we creating, and all the hundreds of trillions of citizens that live and die in our empires are utterly ignorant of the sub-dimension they exist in, ignorant of my lunch time break or time zones, or the fact that more than one planet can exist in a star system. These are realities they will, forever, be ignorant of as our wars rage on.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

( now I will probably ramble on.....but )

It's obvious you were cut out for being a King.......
And it's funny you put it that way because we can now see how you can postulate ignorance of the masses simply from your avoiding an answer to the question.
So we can assume from your own words, your Majesty, that there is
  • limited technology available to the peoples of your empire
    limited entertainment
    limited news
However....
  • freedom of movement within Caste
    freedom of cultural expression
    Freedom of Expression ( not the same as Freedom of Speech )

You probably demand on Imperial Service as in exchange for citizenship, only citizens can vote : which based on all the above would be a very small group in the end because the consistent wars would limit the number of "surviving citizens"
( since your military would be larger then an average town population you would require a constant supply of hostile targets to keep them busy so they don't make trouble, being as the Isolationist position that Anacreon puts you in, the universe is full of hostiles so the action is a fight to the death.)

See, in the desktop version it is possible to bring peace to the universe......then, of course, you are stuck micro-managing ..

In the online version the universe can not be at peace....it would devastate the ebb and flow of the cosmic tides .

I believe it was in Battlestar Galactica where the Human asked the centurion: what is your purpose?
the Centurion replied : to bing peace and order to the universe.

then the uman asked : ok, say you do that .......then What ?