Emperor's Journal

General discussion for the game Anacreon
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

My hope for this topic is to create a separate Topic where the Emperors of the 3rd Era may write their thoughts and cares about governing their empires. Large and small, all are free to write a journal entry. If you do decide to participate please keep to a journal format of your choosing but not replying to other's journal entries. Think of each entry as an entry into your own personal journal being the emperor of your space faring race. For the sake of solidarity we may make all actual comments, ideas, arguments within other topics. Please respect the Emperor's Journal, if you don't like it, let yours be burned in the plasma discharge of your corpse re-entering your home world's atmosphere.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

4210::24:23

The Fall was disastrous for our glorious hordes. I sought silent recompense for my actions and the actions of others, though the words of a dying star are far from kind...

I brought the remnant to AgVaz Bgz, and all was not lost. Here we have made a new home for ourselves within its caves. AgVaz Bgz has been a kind mother to us. We stretched to the old central nebula, but there among the tattered clouds we discovered an ancient foe. I have halted on the edge, for now the citizens are peaceful and willing to comply, though there have been several rebellions, all has gone according to plan. Here in this corner I have vowed to bring a new empire for the glory of the Bugzzzzzzz and they are at peace. Though I fear that the smaller empires that are cropping up here and there are beginning to become agitated. There was a small insurrection that was dealt with after some time, however, more threats are growing on the edges of the darkness that surrounds my new empire. Alas, as the stars shine bright in their time and also come to their end, so too all empires, depending on their kind, ever to be reborn according to the rules of the universe.

As the condensation drips down across the covering tonight, once again I ponder to myself the needlessness of the threat of looming war. What is the purpose? Perhaps purpose is useless, perhaps purpose is an illusion and relationship is the meaning. When we warped into this system, although it seemed like thousands of others my eyes have witnessed, all I could see for one blinding moment as the plasma flicked across the screen was the relationship between this universe and the Bugz and the empires fallen, to fall, and yet to rise.

King of the Bugzzzzzzz
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Galactic Era 3.4211

Imperial Propaganda Broadcast to all sentients:

It has been 11 years since the Imperium has re-established itself as a contender on the galactic stage. We have since reclaimed our ancestral homeworld of Terra, known in the most ancient of records as "Earth". The Great Northern War some 120 years ago shattered our Imperial Legions, and their once mighty battlefleets were reduced to ruin. Rebellion and civil war tore the Imperium apart from within, and the galaxy descended into chaos.

Now it is our time to rise again. Our place amongst the stars is assured and irrefutable, and the borders of our great nation equally so. We have brought the Pax Imperia, the Imperial Peace, to almost a hundred worlds. Under a strong guiding hand, civilization will flourish once more.

Last but not least: a warning to the would-be enemies of the Imperium. With all things being finite, the question is not "if" there will be conflict, but rather "when". It is well known that we are locked in a great game of resources and territory, and it is nothing less than our solemn duty to come out on top.

Semper Invicta.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

4215::20:29

We have reached the edges of the galaxy, there we found the tattered remains of what was once a great empire. I landed our fleets upon their guarded home and silenced their sadness. Gone was the great and powerful Crystaline, but the Aelion has risen. We have set up our colony, weak though it may be, production is fully underway. Other outposts have been seeded and thus far expansion is going well. I look forward to the fleshing out of the Eastern Empire. Although there may be a few hiccups regarding some of the nearby empires. They seem well knowing enough, strong contact and a firm handshake can go a long way.

I have noted the rising of other empires, some great. However, an assumption of greatness should not be held in lieu of greatness itself.

We have noticed colonizing fleets of the Imperium. One wonders what they are doing, but would a human understand what they are doing? I think not.

Upon the hordes mechanized man the galaxy shall fall.
Light hails, Darkness rent asunder.
Though the Trillions fall like an Autumn storm of raining light from heavens that strike us down,
The Bugzzzzzzz shall rise like a Winter Storm with no end.
Aelion is rising and is shining. Oh how Darkness flees before it! Whoa to Man who can not know it!
Endure, Endure, Endure.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

4231::03:45

Dark was the moment our empire fell to the might and ferocity of the Headless Dishonorable One and their minions. Once more we have been scattered and the remnant which survived fled across the trackless wastes. Time will tell if the galaxy will rid itself of this evil curse. We are gaining moment once again, but there is a threat that was not the last time, play time is over my little grubs. The Spelling Bee's are no more... the graduates are of a distant memory. These few who rise now are a new breed; they are WordWrapping Wasps. Born to fight, ready to die: annihilate.

Now the galaxy is crowded. Many have come, good good. The RoR has risen. The hand that watches tv in dark has arrived. Imperial guards do slumber, while bugz eat their eyes. Many have come who do not have names, yet see they answer to the call. The Last Great War.

...Soon...
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

4243::03:13

Emperors Log,

Reports have come in from the deserted regions of increased war. The plan is going better than could have ever been hoped for, truly these are great times. Until moments ago, I was under the impression a darkness had risen that was related to obsessive television watching. However, Bugtelligence has informed us that the Wayward Device was activated, that archaic piece from a grand legend. This is truly remarkable. The wormhole which the Imperial Terrans returned by must have also connected these lost Titans and brought them to the present. Troubled thoughts of a Pandora's Box were disregarded as I sent my messages to the cosmos. When I thought the universe was empty, it was only that the travelers were very far away. Woe is the Human's! The Wayward Device has been activated again and threatens the galaxy in darkness...... Soon, the Bugzzzzzzz will rise again, but for the moment we wait. We wait for the opportune moment. On that dark day, not woe to Terrans or to Whale Traders or Saxophone Traders or ancient Roman Towns folk.....no.... woe to the Galaxy. Aelion will Rise again, not to conquer, but to destroy.

The Bug King, King of the Bugzzzzzz and Emperor of Aelion
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Date: Unknown Time: Unknown

The event has left my mind feeling light. My fleets were on a routine mission to a resource world within the nebula. Recent scans detected a rare unknown place within the galaxy. Bugtelligence advised to send scouts, we did so. They did not return any transmissions and disappeared from scans of any kind. The Admiral suspected treachery and advised pursuit. In a blind rage of revenge I ordered a full scale attack. We went subspace. The on-board screens went black. The air inside our ship sizzled with an unknown aura of light. Local Bugtelligence reported passing through a force field of some kind. We emerged from subspace into the unknown sector and were immediately fired upon by an unknown force. The fleet disintegrated around us, but our shields held. As the last of the fleet was shattered into an electroplasmic storm of UV and X-rays we were face to face with the culprit, a ship, large beyond reckoning, strange beyond comparison. As we attempted to flee the air turned to fire, the space around us sizzled again, but with an unexpected force. We were rent from our bodies and the ship itself vanished from sight....

Floating freely through the void, I saw nothing, nor heard nor felt. When I became aware of myself again I was alone surrounded by everything, yet I was nowhere. There was a great flash. The sound of an unspeakable sound was not so much heard, but realized. It ebbed and flowed through from the past to the future, from one side of what I saw to the other. I took one step and the place I was in shattered around. Like a crystalline snow fall in every direction, light from a trillion galaxies glittered with their own light.

What seemed like my body shook violently, I had no breath, I was suffocating. The frozen waste of the darkness that surrounded me became my reality. An eternity passed me.

Suddenly, there was a bright yellow star, a blue sky, warm grass. A breeze rustled the trees. There were tattered clouds above the mountain. I knew what I had to do. There in valley was city, shining like gold, and I took for my own. As I sit in the cockpit once again, the screen is closing me in and the straps are tight. The past is not behind me, the future is not before me, all things are now. The blue sky and bright star fade to a black sky and intensely shining galaxy beyond.

"Hexacom, take us to warp."
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The Great Journey has led me to the Planet of Iron. The people in this region are crude and ill for working, but they will be trained well!! Even now they are tested, they eat heartily, and sleep well.

The Core is the name of this empire because, as I was explained too, the Iron Home World is the old Core of a Super Giant planet that was stripped of its outer layers in a cataclysmic Hyper Nova in the instance of the creation of this galaxy.

The Core has spread proved themselves worthy however, fine warriors to the last. A reawakening took place on the fringes of Core space and a foe has arisen to lay siege against Port Indigo. The battle began with the capture of a small grey body object about 5 Light Years distant from Port Indigo, the forces known as "Can't touch this" were touched by ultraviolet crystal arrays directly to their thrusters, they made a spectacular nebula around the object, absolutely breath taking. I enjoyed the deep blue glow. The battle moved to Port Indigo as the main fleet arrived. We assembled what forces we could muster. The battle was intense. Iron Fleet and Fire Fleet meet heavy resistance as the large number of Megathere Star Cruisers blocked all efforts from Adament Forces. Three iterations of the battle were fought. Fire Fleet fell, gallantly, they become their own funeral pyre in the sky. The last of Fire Fleet merged with Iron fleet to rally but were forced to the surface by the overwhelming onslaught of "Can't be touched"'s forces. We rallied. The last of our Eldritch sacrificed themselves to shield the gunships as they leaped above the Megathere. All cannons firing at maximum.... we flung the last of "Can't be touched" forces to the surface, and there they shall lay forever.

Victory at Port Indigo was at the hands of Iron Fleet today, may they be known as Valiant, may they be known as Legendary.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Galactic Time ::4303:24:26::

Many cycles have passed. Time does not seem to flow the way it used to. Perhaps it is the many iterations of wormhole travel searching for the dreaded Imperium and pieces of my being are becoming stretched over the many verses beyond.

Galactic Time ::5521:: by the ships log, the A.I. of the Aura wormhole sent a message from the Saxophone Traders Union calling for a return to the Galaxy.

Galactic Time ::5781:: by the ships log, the A.I. of the Aura wormhole sent a message stating the return of a faux empire controlled by Imperium sympathizers.

During this time I the Bug King turned my fleet around, sensing another galactic standoff was pending. When we arrived through the wormhole the date read ::4280::. By my calculations we had been gone through the wormhole no less than 500 cycles. However, the clocks all said one thing, we had not been in this verse at all.

Suddenly within a few cycles the faux empire had collapsed after a brief series of transmissions.
Then Imperium showed himself briefly in many forms, appearing briefly on one side of the Galaxy, vanishing and reappearing on the other. At one point it seemed he was in several places at once. This could not be. After a few cycles of stability and growth, he vanished again. For a moment the galaxy feared an outbreak of a new war from an unknown weapon of the Imperium. The galaxy prepared. However, since the Imperium has yet to appear again, it is my theory they are having difficulty projecting into this reality. Perhaps they are stuck in one of the verses nearby this one and therefor are coming through in seemingly various places without moving at all. The technological might of this Imperium Beyond the Void could pose a true risk for the humble sentience that has moved into the Galaxy as of late. Let us all pray for mercy during that unknown day of calamity. For the moment, we wait and we build. This is a peaceful Era and all are welcome. The King of the Bugz welcomes all the races while we are preoccupied with this wormhole business. It is our goal to explore these other verses as we retain our foot hold in the galaxy.

Until the time of fire when sky falls, we keep all lasers pointed out and up. We advise all who venture here to do likewise.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Galactic Time ::4320:24.00::

incident Report: An Imperial Stronghold was identified south east of the galactic center at ::4320:20.00::

Action taken: Imperial Suppression Protocol was triggered. The stronghold was demolished. Terra is now under the control of the TCW. Imperial Suppression Protocol was terminated as of ::4320:24.00::

Nothing Follows.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

As I fell beyond the horizon I understood why no light escapes, those that pass expel all the light from within...

Empire after empire, scattered

Distant stars, immense

above all else, war

raging forever, and ever.

Amen

Fire fire fire, Streaks of Golden Light, Waves of cosmic rays crashing through still dead night.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

On the eve of the change of everything I found myself orbiting the black hole known only as Sagittarius A*.

Once again, we prepared for war against the Terran and it's allies. The giant leviathan of darkness, swathed in stabbing auroras, wavered massively nearby. The ships were being retrofitted for the next phase of our attack when the call came for the need of our forces. I sent the order and we slipped through the wormhole into that distant galactic plane that is so far yet so near.

For some days our presence went unnoticed and we were allowed to occupy a small portion of the stars in that place. We arrived in a strange turmoil, the Saxophone Traders Union was harassing the Terrans. A Terran fleet was noticed on our scanners so I sent a rescue armada to catch the Terran's unawares. Any foe of the Terran is a friend of mine. The ambush was complete success and those men exploded with into tiny crystals of frozen carbon and hydrogen.

Terra and the Imperium were surprised and angered. They began inquires into the question of who we were. As war dictates there is silence of communication during intense situations. The electromagnetic spectrum becomes absolute chaos. In the absence of transmission Imperium felt old fears and old angers grow as they suspected their arch rival species of the galaxy had returned, but it could not be confirmed.

For the moment surprise had been achieved and we were very well established in the North West. After some days there were incursions into the West by various alien species unknown to us. One being the Azkaban Hegemony and the other being was the Gospel of Goats.

War broke out with the Gospel of Goats. The had many forces but we fought our way across the sky bridge to their empire. Distracted by other dimensions, realms far and not near by, I decided to pull back if the Goats were to leave our West for occupation during the time that was needed. They agreed and backed down, shocked at the aggression which came their way. That war ended and another begun.

During the war with Goats the villainous Terran forces advanced across our No Man's Land. Instead of query's they issued ultimatums. This would not suffice by any standard. We understood that the war had begun, too soon though... much too soon. However, seeing our plight I ordered to let the flags fly and names be reveled. Thus the war with Imperium began in earnest. The prior failures of the Bugz to irradiate the Terran infestation had led to much better war strategies. This resulted in a stalemate.

There were several attempts to break the stalemate. I ordered our fleets to invade the crumbling Empire of Q to secure what forces we could. Prior dealings with the Empire of Q from attacks to the north led to a vacuum of available forces in the vicinity. Essentially, Q was a dry bone. So we took that bone and prepared it to beat the Terran into submission.

While we prepared for a second attempted invasion, the Terran destroyed that empire called Gold in some strange dialect. They made off quite well and promptly broke the stalemate forcing into our holdings. A disquieting peace ensued for an unknown reason. Perhaps the 13th dimension was brushing against us? It is difficult to know.

A few days of quiet. I was in the War Room aboard my ship when there came reports of an incursion just north of the rift. The security division informed me they sent scouts to display a message, but they did not know which language to use. I gave orders to pursue and send a query to the STU. The aggressor colonizer began to establish worlds within our holding. We made several attempts to dissuade them by non-lethal action, yet they persisted. Bugtelligence informed me it was the great Hegemony of Builders of Highways. We do not like highways. On the third landing, a party of Space Buggar's was sent to board those ships and we captured them under duress. To insure no follow up attack, we cut the route that had been created.

Very swiftly the Hegemony sent many messages demanding for conditions of submission. I am the aggressor in the place... why would I submit, I think to myself. Why would I submit to the ones I came to conquer?

Bugtelligence transmitted messages back, I have no idea what they were talking about. They are a really strange lot... Their eggs must have been hit by a neutrino burst or something.

While they blathered about extended extensional-isms, I ordered all fleets forward.

In the blistering hopes of securing massive forces, some Bugz volunteered to sacrifice and stay behind to occupy the Terran while we swept the pestilence of Road Builders to the side. Neither worked. The galaxy new about us too soon, the cover of our deception was revealed too quickly for effective battle strategies. In the end we resulted to scavenging, experimental teleportation, and dealings with the mystic forces of the Mesophone... All in all it was a fall into the dark side of the galaxy, the underside where triangles turn to wonky tubes...

In a show of magnificent force the Hegemony attacked the Central Core of the Rift Nebula and defeated the Bug King.

For now, I the Bug King will leave once again slip through the crack in the universe and back to my Sagittarius A*.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Upon our arrival to our home system I was notified of that the Terran had came through first. I suppose now that their scientists had been working for some time on our true location. In all of Bug history we had only traveled away from the Black Hole via The Crack. We had no knowledge of other ways and could not counter the measures being taken against us. In an absence of orders the Bug Swarm had attacked viciously and I was proud of their valiant ways, but it was not enough. Moments after the transmission our fleet was struck from above the galactic plane. The last third of the fleet became a mini-nova burst, hurling us towards A*. In a mad and desperate attempt I grabbed he controls and slammed the engines to max directly at the northern extant of the black hole.

Somehow the warping of the 18th dimension surrounding the torus of the black hole allowed us to slip into a previously unknown crack and has sent us to a new place. My ship lacks the capability of locating a way back into the crack, there is a possibility that it was a one way trip. In the meantime, we will explore this new place. It is quiet and untouched by the ravages of war; most importantly there is no sign of the Terran Imperium or of those Highway things.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

::0000:00.00::

All the time pieces have crashed. We have been working for countless ages. There is a nearby star system which I ordered to have scoute out. There are 19 planets of various sizes. 3 of which have been torn apart due to tidal forces from the black hole. This leads me to believe that these planets are wayward. We have not had time to study their processions, perhaps they have wide elliptic orbits. At any rate, 4 have been nearly entirely canbalized by a replicating species of machines. Curious, their genetic structures mirror our own. I have sent scientists to understand them. They may be useful within our ships for self repair and even to replicate. On the nearest planet from the star pair we have noticed several anomalies that appear similar to the dynamics of the cracks used to come here and go to that other place of triangles.

Of the 4 discoveries, the greatest has been what the scientists are calling "The Revelation". I ponder the application of such process and the unfolding of such desires will not be realized for many ages.. However, there is much potential. Much potential indeed.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

::0000:00.00::

The forge at the center of the star is darkness. The forge at the center of the galaxy is silence.

Pending doom, tic toc... tic toc... tic toc...

They ade a stupendous break through I was told. Even before the senior walked into my chambers I saw and wondered at the flash I witnessed. He informed me that was the last of the first planet to committed to the program. Seems like they made their own tare in space. I am most proud. Vengence will be swift on those who remain within that other place upon our arrival. No power will equal ours. No power at all. Only the Great George himself can stop us now!!!

tic toc... tic toc... tic toc...

tic toc...
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,

Ilkay
Anarchist
Anarchist

Queen Ilkay walked out on to the balcony, her summer plaice laid out before her, the heady incense that was the intoxicant of choice of the nobility wafted out behind her. She cast her eyes up to the stars watching the time delayed battles that she knew her fleets had already won. She took a deep breath of the night air looking at the recently ratified peace treaty that had bean worked out with the Meklon Directorate. The galactic age of peace, she still had worlds ware death stalked the streets do to a lack of trllum. Two giants stood on each side of her rift, using her empire and the space it calmed as a fence.

She sighed as the battle ended, the same way the reports that had bean on her desk five cycles ago had said it ended, and shook her head. thinking back to the... disturbing transmissions that had bean picked up by her fleets, and citizens. The Bugs were coming, and she knew just how much havoc then could wreak, she had found evidence on planets ware they once help power, empty building that once housed humans, so vary few graves, and the survivors that they had found... she shivered harder then the slight chill would normally make her. the galactic age of peace was drawing to a close, it was just a question of who threw the first rock
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
~Will Rogers