Emperor's Journal

General discussion for the game Anacreon
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:27 am

My hope for this topic is to create a separate Topic where the Emperors of the 3rd Era may write their thoughts and cares about governing their empires. Large and small, all are free to write a journal entry. If you do decide to participate please keep to a journal format of your choosing but not replying to other's journal entries. Think of each entry as an entry into your own personal journal being the emperor of your space faring race. For the sake of solidarity we may make all actual comments, ideas, arguments within other topics. Please respect the Emperor's Journal, if you don't like it, let yours be burned in the plasma discharge of your corpse re-entering your home world's atmosphere.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:45 am

4210::24:23

The Fall was disastrous for our glorious hordes. I sought silent recompense for my actions and the actions of others, though the words of a dying star are far from kind...

I brought the remnant to AgVaz Bgz, and all was not lost. Here we have made a new home for ourselves within its caves. AgVaz Bgz has been a kind mother to us. We stretched to the old central nebula, but there among the tattered clouds we discovered an ancient foe. I have halted on the edge, for now the citizens are peaceful and willing to comply, though there have been several rebellions, all has gone according to plan. Here in this corner I have vowed to bring a new empire for the glory of the Bugzzzzzzz and they are at peace. Though I fear that the smaller empires that are cropping up here and there are beginning to become agitated. There was a small insurrection that was dealt with after some time, however, more threats are growing on the edges of the darkness that surrounds my new empire. Alas, as the stars shine bright in their time and also come to their end, so too all empires, depending on their kind, ever to be reborn according to the rules of the universe.

As the condensation drips down across the covering tonight, once again I ponder to myself the needlessness of the threat of looming war. What is the purpose? Perhaps purpose is useless, perhaps purpose is an illusion and relationship is the meaning. When we warped into this system, although it seemed like thousands of others my eyes have witnessed, all I could see for one blinding moment as the plasma flicked across the screen was the relationship between this universe and the Bugz and the empires fallen, to fall, and yet to rise.

King of the Bugzzzzzzz
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:52 am

Galactic Era 3.4211

Imperial Propaganda Broadcast to all sentients:

It has been 11 years since the Imperium has re-established itself as a contender on the galactic stage. We have since reclaimed our ancestral homeworld of Terra, known in the most ancient of records as "Earth". The Great Northern War some 120 years ago shattered our Imperial Legions, and their once mighty battlefleets were reduced to ruin. Rebellion and civil war tore the Imperium apart from within, and the galaxy descended into chaos.

Now it is our time to rise again. Our place amongst the stars is assured and irrefutable, and the borders of our great nation equally so. We have brought the Pax Imperia, the Imperial Peace, to almost a hundred worlds. Under a strong guiding hand, civilization will flourish once more.

Last but not least: a warning to the would-be enemies of the Imperium. With all things being finite, the question is not "if" there will be conflict, but rather "when". It is well known that we are locked in a great game of resources and territory, and it is nothing less than our solemn duty to come out on top.

Semper Invicta.
"Live long and may the Force be ever in your favour, Mr. Potter"
-- Gandalf (The Chronicles of Narnia)

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:53 pm

4215::20:29

We have reached the edges of the galaxy, there we found the tattered remains of what was once a great empire. I landed our fleets upon their guarded home and silenced their sadness. Gone was the great and powerful Crystaline, but the Aelion has risen. We have set up our colony, weak though it may be, production is fully underway. Other outposts have been seeded and thus far expansion is going well. I look forward to the fleshing out of the Eastern Empire. Although there may be a few hiccups regarding some of the nearby empires. They seem well knowing enough, strong contact and a firm handshake can go a long way.

I have noted the rising of other empires, some great. However, an assumption of greatness should not be held in lieu of greatness itself.

We have noticed colonizing fleets of the Imperium. One wonders what they are doing, but would a human understand what they are doing? I think not.

Upon the hordes mechanized man the galaxy shall fall.
Light hails, Darkness rent asunder.
Though the Trillions fall like an Autumn storm of raining light from heavens that strike us down,
The Bugzzzzzzz shall rise like a Winter Storm with no end.
Aelion is rising and is shining. Oh how Darkness flees before it! Whoa to Man who can not know it!
Endure, Endure, Endure.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:42 pm

4231::03:45

Dark was the moment our empire fell to the might and ferocity of the Headless Dishonorable One and their minions. Once more we have been scattered and the remnant which survived fled across the trackless wastes. Time will tell if the galaxy will rid itself of this evil curse. We are gaining moment once again, but there is a threat that was not the last time, play time is over my little grubs. The Spelling Bee's are no more... the graduates are of a distant memory. These few who rise now are a new breed; they are WordWrapping Wasps. Born to fight, ready to die: annihilate.

Now the galaxy is crowded. Many have come, good good. The RoR has risen. The hand that watches tv in dark has arrived. Imperial guards do slumber, while bugz eat their eyes. Many have come who do not have names, yet see they answer to the call. The Last Great War.

...Soon...
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:23 pm

4243::03:13

Emperors Log,

Reports have come in from the deserted regions of increased war. The plan is going better than could have ever been hoped for, truly these are great times. Until moments ago, I was under the impression a darkness had risen that was related to obsessive television watching. However, Bugtelligence has informed us that the Wayward Device was activated, that archaic piece from a grand legend. This is truly remarkable. The wormhole which the Imperial Terrans returned by must have also connected these lost Titans and brought them to the present. Troubled thoughts of a Pandora's Box were disregarded as I sent my messages to the cosmos. When I thought the universe was empty, it was only that the travelers were very far away. Woe is the Human's! The Wayward Device has been activated again and threatens the galaxy in darkness...... Soon, the Bugzzzzzzz will rise again, but for the moment we wait. We wait for the opportune moment. On that dark day, not woe to Terrans or to Whale Traders or Saxophone Traders or ancient Roman Towns folk.....no.... woe to the Galaxy. Aelion will Rise again, not to conquer, but to destroy.

The Bug King, King of the Bugzzzzzz and Emperor of Aelion
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Date: Unknown Time: Unknown

The event has left my mind feeling light. My fleets were on a routine mission to a resource world within the nebula. Recent scans detected a rare unknown place within the galaxy. Bugtelligence advised to send scouts, we did so. They did not return any transmissions and disappeared from scans of any kind. The Admiral suspected treachery and advised pursuit. In a blind rage of revenge I ordered a full scale attack. We went subspace. The on-board screens went black. The air inside our ship sizzled with an unknown aura of light. Local Bugtelligence reported passing through a force field of some kind. We emerged from subspace into the unknown sector and were immediately fired upon by an unknown force. The fleet disintegrated around us, but our shields held. As the last of the fleet was shattered into an electroplasmic storm of UV and X-rays we were face to face with the culprit, a ship, large beyond reckoning, strange beyond comparison. As we attempted to flee the air turned to fire, the space around us sizzled again, but with an unexpected force. We were rent from our bodies and the ship itself vanished from sight....

Floating freely through the void, I saw nothing, nor heard nor felt. When I became aware of myself again I was alone surrounded by everything, yet I was nowhere. There was a great flash. The sound of an unspeakable sound was not so much heard, but realized. It ebbed and flowed through from the past to the future, from one side of what I saw to the other. I took one step and the place I was in shattered around. Like a crystalline snow fall in every direction, light from a trillion galaxies glittered with their own light.

What seemed like my body shook violently, I had no breath, I was suffocating. The frozen waste of the darkness that surrounded me became my reality. An eternity passed me.

Suddenly, there was a bright yellow star, a blue sky, warm grass. A breeze rustled the trees. There were tattered clouds above the mountain. I knew what I had to do. There in valley was city, shining like gold, and I took for my own. As I sit in the cockpit once again, the screen is closing me in and the straps are tight. The past is not behind me, the future is not before me, all things are now. The blue sky and bright star fade to a black sky and intensely shining galaxy beyond.

"Hexacom, take us to warp."
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,