Server may be slow on Friday

General discussion for the game Anacreon
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Due to powerline work in our area, we have to move Anacreon to a backup server on Friday (16 Feb 2018). The game might be a slower than normal.

We'll be back to our normal server by late Friday or early Saturday.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

george moromisato wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:59 am
Excuse me sir, please pay attention to us. We like your game, and are trying to make good suggestions to make it a lot better. There are people here who I think might be able to help out with the workload on this game. We all have enjoyed the Transcendence it seems like, it is pretty fun. But... what about this one?

Your most humble Feudal Knight,

The Bug King ;)
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I’ll remind him on Thursday that it’s been a while since he dedicated a few weeks to poking at Anacreon. I recommend y’all over here spend the next few days finding/compiling the major bugs and balance issues you want looked at so you can have specifics to have him look at.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

There is a bug with the dark nebula layers being overlaid on top of each other flagged as priority on Ministry, which is still occurring in Era 3. There are entire sections of the map in which ramjets are bugged and cannot be issued commands. This is the only major bug so far, although the gameplay features could use additional balancing if/when George has time to take a look at them.

Perhaps a new map would be nice as well, presuming it's not too much work to generate one? If server capacity/load is an issue then the older Alpha and Beta 1/2 maps could be deleted as I don't think anyone is still actively playing on those.

Many thanks.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:? we compiled several lists of bug in this years.. who is able now to recover all of them?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

--Imperator-- wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:38 am
There is a bug with the dark nebula layers being overlaid on top of each other flagged as priority on Ministry, which is still occurring in Era 3. There are entire sections of the map in which ramjets are bugged and cannot be issued commands. This is the only major bug so far, although the gameplay features could use additional balancing if/when George has time to take a look at them.

Perhaps a new map would be nice as well, presuming it's not too much work to generate one? If server capacity/load is an issue then the older Alpha and Beta 1/2 maps could be deleted as I don't think anyone is still actively playing on those.

Many thanks.
As well as this, some sort of way to clear (or hide) all planet messages would be a huge quality of life fix. The number of empires that abdicate because they can't deal with the tens of thousands of clicks needed to clear the messages blocking the screen after a rebellion/war really hurts the already tiny playerbase. It took me six hours and a good audiobook (thank you Brandon Sanderson) to clear my empire after a particularly bad rebellion.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

communication system need to be upgraded, we need to mantain memory of all the messages we send and receive, there are too many messages that we miss because we click too soon
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

That too, but at least you can screenshot them, even if it does get a bit much if there is an alliance planning something or an extended cold war. But there is no workaround for having to click tens of thousands of messages .
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Moreover we need a simple "ALL" button in order to DEPLOY "ALL" and TRANSFER "ALL"
IN GEORGE WE TRUST