Era 4 Development Plan

General discussion for the game Anacreon
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I've finally (two weeks late) shipped Transcendence 1.8 Beta 2 and I'm excited to get back to Anacreon. My dev plan for this era is roughly as follows:

1. First, I'd love to reach consensus on any balance changes to the units. For example, there has been some talk about increasing the power or attrition limit (half-life) of low-tech defenses. If we can agree on those (even roughly) then I would like to implement those on the server and start a new game. This would allow you all to test out the changes early in development. This will be the "Era 4 Alpha" game.

2. I will be working on doing the nebula work that I talked about earlier.

3. Concurrent with #2, I'll go through the bugs in Ministry and assign them to Era 4. I will use WTd0's master list as a starting point (https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=59114). As I put records in the Era 4 tag, feel free to comment on them (either confirming that they are important, or suggesting ways of fixing, or even dissenting). Also, feel free to comment on Ministry records that you feel are important to fix for Era 4. [p.s.: I've also read the entire thread you all did on Era 4--feel free to continue adding to that.]

4. After the nebula work, I'll spend the bulk of the time on the tasks we identified in step #3.

5. At the end, I'll deploy a new Era 4 server and create an "Era 4 Beta" game. At this point, I'll shift my attention back to Transcendence, but you'll have some time to report any last-minute balance changes or killer-bugs.

6. After a week or so, I'll make some final changes/fixes (if any are identified in step #4). Either way, we'll start a new "Era 4" game.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

0. GET HYPE
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:36 pm
0. GET HYPE
Made an announcement: https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8595
I'll post to Twitter too.
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Commented on some entries on Ministry I support for adding an Era 4 tag to.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I forgot

What if Hubs were only available at T8 and up? 8-) This would be SUPER interesting if it accompanied my Tech Limits idea.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.