Dockable Planets?

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
fusion823
Anarchist
Anarchist

For the Halo Mod i was wondering if you could "LAND" on planets by docking to them. Could Trans be configured to accept planets as stations?
I Came
I Saw
I Died a horrible death
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Planets are treated like stations in the xml, you would just have to add docking ports and other guts to the xml to allow landings.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

This is a good idea for a mod, though I believe it should be fully added to the game. The "L" key could be used to [L]and on planets, and then a dockscreen similar to stations appears.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm pretty sure this was explained away with something to do with the gravity differences in space & on planets.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Cool! Docking on planets. It could be like: Heelo..we are citizens of...blahblahblah mars. W.e.. Wanna refuel?
>.<
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shameless Plug: :P
Transcendence Ready Planet Graphics
Feel free to use them any way that you like.

The xml 'mod' incorporates the orignal Transcendence Planets w/ all of the new ones shown to add a little more planetary variety to the systems. It was made for version 0.95; but it works w/ the current version.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
Karl
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

This would make for a great mod. Space stations get sterile after a while. Lets get some Terra Firma in the game! No major sci-fi epic spent it's entire time in space. Besides, it seems really silly to be flying around planet after planet and not interacting with them. There's got to be some interesting stuff to do down there... where the gravity is.

Yeah, maybe your ship isn't "atmospheric-compatable". So what! Then you just get a landing module item if you want to interact with planets. That would open up a whole new avenue of gameplay later in the game.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

XXX was killed by docking and getting out of his/her ship in a polluted planet.
>.<