Ship Help

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Charon Mass of Goo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: Creating Inappropriate "Signature Dialouge" since yestermorrow!

Ok. I'm no good at modding whatsoever. So even if I tried to do what I'm about to ask, a big stamp thing would fall from the sky and put a big red FAIL! on my forehead.

All I want to do is mod it so I can use a sprite for one of the large ships, maybe tweak a bit so that it has heavier armor, etc., and use it for a player ship.

I.E. TransendanceSource/Recourses/LargeShips1.jpg and use one of those ships for a player ship, if not choice between all of them. I can't do this, like I said, some one would hold up a sign behind me that says FAIL! on it.

If I tried there would be tons of problems
1: I have no freaking clue what any of them are called, I mostly avoid them all.
2: I have no freaking clue what <Entity! blah blah blah> is.
3: I suck when it comes to dealing with code from transendance (Learned that from trying it already).
4: If some one could throw a big book that has EXPLICIT DETAIL AND STEP BY STEP tutorial in it at my head, effectively affixiating my "Tension span of a fruit fly on speed", I would probably be able to do it myself.

So, the question remains, can some one create a mod/extension that lets me/you/anybody use the Starcruisers/Giant Flying Hunks of Metal/PwnSox0rz as a PlayerShip selection, or just hand me a file that explains (en explicit detail) how to do it myself, and what all the ships are called.

If you read this far, I thank you. :roll:
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

name the ship wanted and i can put a mod together or come up with directons. note that they will only have 20 facings

um... how do i put an image here? i'll just name the ships from left to right in the image, you need to get the image from transdata, largeships1. the ? means spelling may not be correct

big blue= iocrym command ship
red with 2 big engines= mikeno? destroyer
big green with lots of windows= xenephobe? worldship
silver rounded on one side cross-shaped, shows up when you kill some friendly stations= corporate cruiser
big red oval/rectangle= polar freighter it is ares
black spikey deul cross shaped= ranx dreadnaught
long white with spike tail= is sung slaver transport- not word for word
big brown wandering trash can thing= giane? processor
silver rounded arrowheadlike with wings on back= aquila? cruiser

EDIT: i will assume all stats to be stock, my largest accurate armor display has only 6 segments.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You might also want to check on Xelerus, there are quite a few playership mods there ready to go. Try here.
Charon Mass of Goo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Just checked Xelerus, and I found something that suited my needs. I'm starting to examine the code, adding and getting rid of/moddifying existing stuff. Now all we need is to be able to fire 2 or more things at once :D.

I guess I won't be needing any of the other ships that I asked for, but, I am currently moddifying (sort of) that Test Ship/Debug Ship that was added a while ago, adding to it a couple of things, and I keep getting an error on line 174, and frankly, i don't feel like counting. Does anyone know where I can get a program or something that will number each line?
Charon Fizz-Soda! It's Red! It tastes like Awesomness! AND PIRATES MADE IT! Better than Eridani Mineral Water too!
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

http://www.textpad.com/

It also has bracket matching and other handy tools. Once you get it line numbers are in view.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

:lol: Try Google!
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'll say that there are some large ships that work as user ships
Charon Mass of Goo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Thanks. Now I can figure out whats wrong, and maybe familirize myself with the code (my spelling = sux0r) :)
Charon Fizz-Soda! It's Red! It tastes like Awesomness! AND PIRATES MADE IT! Better than Eridani Mineral Water too!
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Charon Mass of Goo wrote:Thanks. Now I can figure out whats wrong, and maybe familirize myself with the code (my spelling = sux0r) :)
taht si okya i ges/ sumt1ms ispelz rons