new modifiers for weapons extended

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I was wondering how to add the sovereign modifiers to the weapons extended mod.

Let's talk about Specialty, it's not very clear when or why it's used on certain weapons (but it could come handy to use it to sort the weapons of course)

Let's make an example: I want to add the Luminous modifier.
The ion blaster has the specialty modifier, the heavy ion blaster has not it, so if I want to add the Luminous modifier, should I put it only to the ion blaster ? It won't be useful (it's already specialty, so i can sort the weapon), should I put the new modifier to the heavy ion blaster also ? However the heavy version is not used by the Luminous.

2 possible solutions:
not use the Luminous modifier :lol: and use the Specialty modifier to sort the ion blaster for the Luminous
put the luminous modifier to ion blaster, heavy ion blaster, omni ion blaster.
(IM90 eventually, but it's also Taikon, ion disruptor instead is Ventari, but i could put it Luminous also, to increase diversity)

So, you want to see increased diversity in the weapons the ships use OR just stick as close as possible to the vanilla game and let the weapons extended mod to do the variations ?

[EDIT] There is the same problem with the Sung. Only particle beam ? and the omni version ? and the dual version ?