Wolfen III w/ 40 Faces but...

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Drazalon
Anarchist
Anarchist

Well, i made an expansion to the Wolfen and Wolfen II made by PlayMeNow, presenting to you the Wolfen III.

The mod will come out shortly in an approx. hour or two.
The only problem is for the mask. I Merged down all the layers with a black background, so i cant jut Hue/Saturate the layers separately form the Black Background, like i normally do.

Any tips? All my background methods dont work. Except for one method, which turned out the mask still had some ugly highlights of the black background in-game.

Aside from that factor, does anyone have any Device, Armor and Weapon suggestions for the Wolfen III? Item tables if needed as well.

Results in the actual mod may vary depending on the response.
"If God is the DJ, and Life is the dance floor; Love is the rhythm, and You are the music;flow" -Drazalon
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Um... couldn't you use the the wolfen playership graphics?
or do you have different graphics in mind?
Drazalon
Anarchist
Anarchist

Fatboy wrote:Um... couldn't you use the the wolfen playership graphics?
or do you have different graphics in mind?
yes, i wouldt but i made my own version of it. meaning its not the wolfen graphics. i dont plan something cheesy of a mod using the game graphics.

any suggestions? if not ill throw this one out... all i need is the mask, and weapon suggestions. so... any out there?
"If God is the DJ, and Life is the dance floor; Love is the rhythm, and You are the music;flow" -Drazalon
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

An omnidirectional weapon with particle or ion damage, maybe?
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I would have to favor nano damage. It's the least used damage type (so most effective!).
Drazalon
Anarchist
Anarchist

Periculi wrote:I would have to favor nano damage. It's the least used damage type (so most effective!).
i agree. nano damage it is.

shield and armor stats?
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I would love to see some kind of nanofactory which ate certain items to produce ammo.. that would be cool and impose a bit of a limit depending on the diet you set for the ammo-makers.

The question about the weapon type is misleading however- is this a new weapon you are making? In which case, it is available at the start for just this ship- how will this weapon play out over levels? Is it going to have to be super powerful to last into the late game, and therefore cause a serious imbalance in the earlier portions?
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

perhaps it could be enhanced based on system level. that way it wouldn't be a god weapon early on, but would still be useful later.
Drazalon
Anarchist
Anarchist

Bobby
perhaps it could be enhanced based on system level. that way it wouldn't be a god weapon early on, but would still be useful later.
Periculi
I would love to see some kind of nanofactory which ate certain items to produce ammo.. that would be cool and impose a bit of a limit depending on the diet you set for the ammo-makers.

The question about the weapon type is misleading however- is this a new weapon you are making? In which case, it is available at the start for just this ship- how will this weapon play out over levels? Is it going to have to be super powerful to last into the late game, and therefore cause a serious imbalance in the earlier portions?
well, i im going to make this weapon from scratch. but no it will not be over powering and used as a overwhelming exploit. i will keep the systems balance intact as best as i can.

i want to create some kind of challenging strategic method fro the wolfen III. certain tactics the user must use, that is somehow unique.

the weapon stats etc, would be based on the system levels like what bobby mentioned

but as i said my main goal is to make the weapon more strategic-like.