Aeonic's Ship Gallery

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

i like the Agessor-class Destroyer.
it's just kinda massive and cool.

then why you name this ship Teraton Thingamajig???
what's the meaning of Thingamajig?
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Thingamajig: Something that one does not know the name of.
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I originally designed these ships back in 2004, but since lost the models for them. I have some pictures of what the old ships looked like, and I'm drawing up some fancier models to replace the old ones. Back then they were called Foomerian ships due to the screen name I use on the site where my files are hosted. I don't know if I'll stick with that name or not, but...

Foomerian Yacht
Small and slow, the yacht is an expensive luxury vessel with a solar powered reactor and regenerative armor plating. It is protected by powerful shields and has enough armaments to make pirates think twice.

Foomerian Light Cruiser
Designed to be sleek and fast, the light cruiser is also quite maneuverability and well armed. Each wing is equipped with a set of rotating ion pulse cannons. These ships are used for missions where speed is a priority. As usual for these ships, it is clad in regenerative armor plating.

Foomerian Medium Cruiser
A capable combat vessel, the medium cruiser is somewhat slow and cumbersome, but each wing is equipped with duel rotating ion pulse cannons while the front bears 2 to 4 kinetic cannons. These ships are used for exploration, defense and attack runs. As usual for these ships, it is clad in regenerative armor plating and has considerable shielding.

Have two more models to complete this set, so, more pending.
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Foomerian Huntress
The Huntress is a bounty hunter's vessel designed for extreme top speed and acceleration for the purpose of tracking down and overtaking targets. It is heavily armed and shielded, equipped with regenerative armor, and is easily capable of matching the firepower of the larger Medium Cruiser. The weakness of the Huntress is its boosters, which are separated from the ship for safety reasons, making them more vulnerable and easier to target. The Huntress also lacks agile maneuvering abilities, intending to decimate or disable targets rather than engaging in dogfights.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I decided that the previous in-game renderings were a little too small for Transcendence, so I've enlarged them each about 50%. They're a bit more intimidating now.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The yacht looked better at the old size. Based on the windows at the front it should be about the size of a Wolfen or EI500.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

The cylindrical part is larger than the Wolfen's, more along the size of the EI500's. Based on that, I don't think I could make it any smaller, since the Yacht crams two decks into that little hull. Just consider that the fins on that ship make it look much larger than it really is.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

very beautiful ships Aeonic! :D
Are you planning a new sovereign ?
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

digdug wrote:Are you planning a new sovereign ?
Well, I'm making the ships for one. I don't actually know how to do much of anything beyond that! If I could place the ships in-game, at least as wandering groups as seen with the Xenophobes or Raider platforms, then that would be pretty cool.

It would also need if there were some kind of event that could prompt Huntress-class vessels to come after you periodically, similar to the way the Molotok ships do when you destroy Black market stations, then would be really cool as well. Way out of my ability range at the moment, but still cool nonetheless.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

I could help you with that in return for helping me w/ the teraton ships after next week (I hope, if nothing new (read as: really old, but forgotten, and then it drops down on my head when I remember that I needed to get it done too) pops up), or, at the very least, by the end of this month, once I can devote my time back to modding.
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Aeonic wrote:
digdug wrote:Are you planning a new sovereign ?
Well, I'm making the ships for one. I don't actually know how to do much of anything beyond that! If I could place the ships in-game, at least as wandering groups as seen with the Xenophobes or Raider platforms, then that would be pretty cool.

It would also need if there were some kind of event that could prompt Huntress-class vessels to come after you periodically, similar to the way the Molotok ships do when you destroy Black market stations, then would be really cool as well. Way out of my ability range at the moment, but still cool nonetheless.
I can set up the encounters, but I don't know what sort of capabilities you envision from the ships. What sort of shields, armor, and weapons do you want on them?

They don't necessarily have to be existing shields, weapons, or armor. In fact I'll have more fun if they're not.

Oh, and I'd like to be able to use the Praetorian when I do a T Rebalanced mod for 1.0. I keep forgetting to ask about it.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I'm still juggling around ideas on what to equip these ships with as a whole, but I'd like them to have (and I don't know how do-able these are):

Ion Pulse Cannons - at least one on each wing, these provide wide range firepower for the left and right sides of the ship. An ion pulse cannon will be a rapid-fire ion weapon consisting of small blue glowing spheres. I don't think there are any other weapons in the game that look quite like that at the moment. I'd also like to include ICX variations of this if possible, and equip those in addition.

Some Kind Of Heavy Frontal Weapon - I was thinking perhaps something similar to the howitzers, only blue. These are very blue themed ships. These are used for base bombardment and/or anti-capital ship defense.

I don't know what kind of shields they'll use, but they'll need to come in various levels and, assuming I can get some decent ICX defenses going, the shields will be weak against blast weapons and potentially kinetic weapons as well.

-

I have the Praetorian ready to go as a player ship, so I'll zip it up and upload it later, then post a link here.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Are the things on the wings that look like speakers the ion pulse cannons?

And what level are you talking?
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

The round things are "ports" where any piece of portable equipment can theoretically be installed. Ion pulse cannons or ICX being among those. The only dedicated weapons on these ships are the long barrels that protrude from the front or wings.

Levels, as in, some stronger than others. The larger and more powerful ships are going to want more powerful shields than the smaller ones.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

When do you want them to show up?
Immediately post St. K's? Deep in Sung territory? The Sung-Ares transition? Deep Ares territory? Teraton/Ringer territory?