Afterburner 1.0 Release

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
marr
Miner
Miner

http://www.mharr.force9.co.uk/Transcend ... burner.zip

Yell if it needs some tweaking, or if you find a hack to make the power drain display consistently, or the AI capable of using it sensibly.

Thanks to George Moromisato, The Holy Thom, Paul Reiche III and Fred Ford for inspiration.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ever think about adding a <DriveDevice> tag to increase allowable max speed when the afterburner is installed. I am pretty sure multiple device tags won't crash the program.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Not sure I follow. Are you wanting it to constantly drain 25 regardless if it's being used or do you want it to drain a percentage of that and then max 25 when used?
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Adding multiple device tags didn't do anything, last time I checked, a couple of versions ago I think. The program reads the first tag and ignores any others that come after it.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

it still dosent do more than one device tag. I know, having tried making a shield that repairs armour
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yes, that correct evilbob, though instead of adding another device tag you just put whatever would be in the second device tag, into the first.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Not every device tag accept all attributes. Assuming Transcendence is programmed in an OO language, devices seem to inherit very little from the parent "device" class.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Well, i've had maneuver changes in a shield, and increased the strength of a weapon in my reactor, so i'm assuming most (possibly all) attributes work in device tags.